“Solid” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
San Jose, California
“Solid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Full time business traveler: This is the individual buildings type Residence Inn. You drive up to the lobby, register, then drive to your building. Each building is 3 floors and they do have elevators (some Resindences not as I have found).
The grounds here are very nicely kept. The buildings are in good shape. The lobby is very well kept. Front desk help was friendly and efficient. One issue, parking.The building I was staying in has a row of about 12 spaces in front of it. They were full every night. I get back from work late each evening and had to park toward the back. However, I do not factor this into my rating/hold it against the hotel. Most hotels in densely populated areas typically require some walking distance from parking. On the plus side there were an abundant amount of parking overall. Within the area, very close, is a 7-11, Ruby Tuesday and a host of other establishments. I don't think I would call them in walking distance but these are very close...maybe a 2 minute drive.
The rooms themselves are in good shape, very clean. No real signs of wear I could see. Environmental controls worked good. Audio/visual was quite good. Good work space and plenty of outlets. The shower had good pressure and good temperature.
Again, if you have stayed at Residence you know the layout well. I would say this location will definitely not be disappointing compared to others. And if you are new to Residence inn, I highly recommend this hotel IF you like the apartment style, the more open style (full kitchen, separate living room, bedroom) accommodations. However, if you prefer the more enclosed hotel style - where everything is contained in one building, where access in/out of the hotel is limited to the lobby, where one elevator ride gets you to the pool or breakfast area or the workout room etc etc - then I suggest opting for a different hotel. .

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BWIGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your continued loyalty and allowing Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport to provide you with a great place to stay. We sincerely appreciate your helpful comments!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were disappointed with 2 recent stays at this property.
While there is a sign indicating that the lobby is newly renovated, it remains too small to handle anything but the most minimal crowds. Case in point: A large group had gathered at the hotel on the July 4th holiday, and the common areas were simply overwhelmed and staff appeared completely unprepared for the onslaught Breakfast was complete chaos with food strewn about everywhere and the kitchen help desperately trying to manage the situation. At other Residence Inns I've stayed at - and I've spent upwards of 100 nights at Marriott properties in the last year - the management is well prepared for such situations and adjusts staffing accordingly (either that or the hotel management failed to enforce maximum occupancy levels in the rooms). Here, the general manager appeared to arrive after the chaos had passed and he subsequently had to scramble to clean up the mess and restore the lobby to something approaching what a health department inspector would deem adequate.
Days earlier, during an evening manager's reception, finding a place to sit in the small lobby was a challenge even though the crowd was a little more low-key and the level of cleanliness was more in line with what I would expect. The fitness room is extremely small by Residence Inn standards with a few treadmills and little else - there's simply no room.
The rest of the property is detached from the lobby and appears to have been updated with the current Residence Inn motif, including carpets and televisions plus a fresh coat of paint. Unfortunately, kitchen appliances were not updated and the suites I stayed in lacked full-sized ovens. The microwaves looked straight out of 1995. One of the rooms I stayed in appeared to have a smoker as a prior guest despite the posted no smoking sign, but it was too late and I was too tired to request a change. The shower drain also was malfunctioning.
There tends to be few parking spaces near the parts of the property where most of the rooms are located, often resulting in long walks to your room from the back or front. The elevators seem to be located closest to the parts of the property with the fewest amounts of parking spaces.
I did ask for and received a token credit to my Marriott Rewards account for the July 4th stay, but I will look to other properties in the area next time I am staying near BWI. Perhaps this property does, indeed, warrant the four stars it receives on TripAdvisor, but it definitely did not live up to that billing during my stays.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport during your recent trip to Baltimore. Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated and we are sorry to hear of your disappointment during the stay. We certainly remember the 4th of July breakfast experience and are sorry to say that we failed miserably in responding to the increase in guest attendance. After investigation and follow-up into what happened, we discovered that a large portion of the guests were actually non-guests from neighboring hotels that were invited to by a group staying for the weekend. It seems that our breakfast was much more of an appealing option. However, this not an excuse that we can afford to let happen again. We have updated our staff to the potential of this occurring again and the contingency to address it proactively.
We would love for you to stay with us again. Your comments regarding the size of our public space and the layout of the hotel are communicated to our Brand staff to consider when designing and building new prototypes. Thank you again for the great feedback!
East Orange
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Friendly staff that ensures you have a great hotel breakfast experience. They even have yogurt parfait for the health conscious. Clean rooms and property. The pool doesn't open until 11am but they have a lifeguard on the premise that didn't mind us doing our own version of water aerobics.

Room Tip: For a family choose the to bedroom suite. It has 2 bathrooms and a pull out couch.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
BWIGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn BWI Airport during your recent trip to Baltimore. Your comments are very much appreciated and we are happy that you had a great stay! Please come back to visit soon. By the way, we have the recipe for that healthy Parfait if needed.

Enjoy the remainder of your summer!!
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a immediate-family reunion based at BWI Residence Inn...Everyone was so helpful and thoughtful...We had 14 people from ages 2 months to very mature...and it was great!! Breakfast outside at the umbrella table, where kids could move around, late night conversations after the kids in bed, over endless coffee...airport and kid-friendly restaurants nearby and shuttle for the occasional arrival and early departures...close to inner harbor for the water taxi to Fort. Mc Henry and its wonderful tree-lined park...a perfect time-intensive long weekend...The accomodations could not have been better, Danielle, Justin and all the staff were quick to address any question knowledgeably. Thank you so much!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BWIGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so very much for staying with us during your recent visit to Baltimore to celebrate with your family. It sounds like you had a great time! We appreciate the comments and look forward to your next visit.
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn during the few days before my boyfriends deployment overseas and were looking for a hotel close to the airport that provided a quiet atmosphere, roomy and complimentary breakfast. We found all of that at this hotel. The 1 bedroom was tidy and clean with plenty of room to move around in. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was always good and convenient with them serving until 10am on the weekends and 9:30am during the week. This area is popular with other hotels and quiet and clean. There is also a gas station and a couple of food places located nearby. We rented a car, so I cannot comment on if the hotel has a shuttle or not. We did travel to Baltmore and Annapolis one day and the drive was within 30 minutes. We also travelled to the greenbelt marta station to go into DC and that was about 30 minutes also. I recommend this hotel if you are looking for a comfortable stay with convenient breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BWIGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so very much for choosing the Residence Inn BWI for your special moment! We certainly appreciate your comments regarding your experience and look forward to your return.
MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed at this hotel on our road trip to Florida. The BWI hotels are located perfectly for an overnight stay on they way to Florida from the Northeast.

The staff was incredibly helpful and tended to our needs- including providing us with ice and a pack and play. They did all of this regardless of our 1130pm arrival time.

Our room was clean and well appointed. I especially appreciated the high end shower head after hours of driving. The mattress was on the stiffer side; that pleased me but not my wife.

The only downside to this property is that to get from the front desk to your room you must go outside. The grounds are well maintained and if you were staying for a while they had a nice looking outdoor pool and tennis/basketball court.

The breakfast was above average as far as complimentary breakfasts go. Cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs (which I believe were powdered) fresh fruit, coffee and juice.

I would recommend this property without reservation.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for choosing our location out of the many options in the BWI area and providing the great comments regarding your experience! We look forward to your return road trip.
Warrington, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife & I stayed here after seeing a show at the Baltimore Soundstage in the Inner Harbor. We checked in about 11pm. The room was spacious and up to Residence Inn standards, which are pretty good. From about 11:45pm-12:30am the guest above us was stomping around. We're glad they stopped when they did due to hoping to get some sleep after a long day. Well, the stomping began again around 5:30am and woke both my wife & I up. Around 6, my wife called to the front desk to complain and said they would call the room upstairs. Which it seemed like they did, because the stomping was intermittent from then on until 7 and then ended. Changing gears... Breakfast is free and served until 10. Now, while we were checking out, the front desk asked us "how was our stay?" (which they should)... we mentioned it was fine except the stomping... She was friendly, apologized and offered us complimentary drinks from their shop. (which are not normally complimentary) We were good with that. Actually, really impressed with that. She didn't have to offer us a thing. I'll absolutely be back to this hotel when in the area, if I know the customer service is this good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Baltimore and thank you for the important feedback and comments regarding the experience. We are so sorry that your evening was interupted by noisy neighbors. I'm pleased that our staff was able to respond and follow up appropriately. We certainly look forward to your next visit.

Best regards!

Been to Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!