“Quiet Location but not many restaurants in the area” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay & Fly
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
West Lafayette IN
“Quiet Location but not many restaurants in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

We stayed here at the end of February because we had some business in DC as well as a wedding in Maryland. We had a large room that was clean (except it looked like no one ever cleaned behind the bathroom door). The beds were comfortable and the shower was nice and hot with good pressure. The rooms were very quiet.

The staff was very nice and helpful including giving us a complimentary dessert when we bought 2 of their pre-packaged sandwiches.

This is a typical Hyatt Place that is located in a Hotel District near BWI that has almost every hotel chain. However, this hotel district doesn't have that many restaurants. We saw Wendy's, Quizno's, McDonald's, Starbucks, and Ruby Tuesday's. The Ruby Tuesday's is located right next door to the Hyatt Place so it was convenient to walk to one of the few restaurants in this area. For those who are concerned about their liquor license, they had the application for the license displayed in the window.

The shuttle took us to the BWI rail station to catch MARC train ($6 each way) to DC. The shuttle would have picked us up on our return, but we didn't want to wait for it so we took a cab for about $10.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

I stayed one Friday night at the Hyatt Place near BWI and would go back for a good rate. There were some really positive things about the stay but some staff issues require me to have some reservations.

The living space within the room was really nice. A clean, comfortable bed well away from the door, a good work space, and a kitchenette, all in one room. The huge flat screen TV anchored to the wall could be seen from the bed and the couch, but you can't see the TV from the work/space dining area. The bathroom is older and looked cheap: there was some peeling paint, the drain was slow, the showerhead drippy. It worked, and was clean, but was definitely the weak spot in the room.

I had some trouble with check-in: I think the hotel wants people to use kiosks to check-in and out, but (I was told) because I had a prepaid rate (through hyatt.com) the kiosk did not work. I'd have like to have know that in advance as I spent time trying to figure out the kiosk, with all my bags, etc, instead of just checking in. Same trouble at check-out. The woman who checked me in was charming and welcoming. The woman who checked me out was clearly not happy to be working on Saturday morning.

The complementary breakfast was very nice. It's the typical higher end cold buffet, but the cut fruit was really fresh, and there were plenty of yogurt and pastry choices. The coffee was great.

I noticed while I was there that I heard absolutely no street noise and there were no distracting noises from the vents or water systems.

• Liked — The room was really sheltered from external noise
  • Disliked — Bathroom was dated.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
East Orange
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

4 Ladies on our getaway weekend....We travel quite a bit, amd decided Baltimore was our destination this time, due to a function we attened. I booked this room thru hotwire and I was quite excited once I paid for the room (a lil over $100, for 3nights 4 days), I checked the actual hotel site once I got the name of the hotel, I was happy to report to the "girls" where we were staying.

We all arrived from the airport (from out different cities), and once I called the hotel for the shuttle, he was there in MAYBE 5 mins, very friendly laughed at our jokes/stories. The shuttle driver took us over to the car rental center to pick up our car.

We checked in and LOVED our room, the beds, looked a little small for them to be doubles,BUT the sofa bed made up for it...the room was spacious enough for 4 grown women to get do get dolled up for 2 evenings out to party. Yes the bathroom was small, but it makes up for the sink & vanity being on the outside.

The only complaint I have is there was a plate left inside the wet bar which gave that part of the room a slight odor. AND the small beds, But I would definitly reccomend it for anyone to stay.

Very Modern is what I like in m hotel rooms when I am on vacation

• Liked — convient to airport, shuttle services, modern look of hotel
  • Disliked — small beds for doubles
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2008

Hyatt Place as a brand is great. Huge TVs, good beds, a level of quality that is good for a business 3-star brand. This Hyatt Place however has some issues. There is no liquor license so the wine bar in the lobby is non-functional (no wine served). The in-room safe is a lock and key type (bulky key at that (not a keyless code pad). This Hyatt Place has wifi only in the rooms and is by far the slowest I have ever experienced at a business hotel. The front desk is spotty in fixing issues - the ink cartridge was low in the printer (boarding passes) for the entire length of my stay (3 days) even though I asked each morning and evening that it be replaced. Unable to get HBO and ESPN, I was told the satellite was out for these stations only to find out after two nights that it was my TV only.
Good location to Baltimore and the Airport, good beds, good parking and all of the cool little things about a Hyatt Place are there - it just seems the management and staff don't keep on top of things. And having to get in your car and drive to get a glass on wine when the whole ad campaign around Hyatt Place is the 'people friendly lobby' is a big issue. That wine bar is an important part of the experience and is missing at BWI. The property has been open as a Hyatt for 8 months which is plenty of time to get a wine license. I found some of the staff very sincere and responsive and others totally zoned out. Of all these gripes, the wifi speed is really the most important if you are on business - it is very poor indeed and there is no cable option in the rooms.

• Liked — Large TV
  • Disliked — Speed of the internet wifi in-room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Place the night before our flight out to West Palm Beach. We took advantage of the Park and Fly room. The room was just as described as the Hotel's site stated. We loved it! Very clean, roomy and modern. The price was great, especially not having to pay for airport parking.

We used the kiosk for a speedy check-in, and it was a breeze! I highly reccomend it. Not complicated at all. The staff at the desk were very nice. I guess the only complaint I had was when we got to our room, we noticed that there weren't any wash cloths. We mentioned that to the front desk on our way out to get some dinner, and they said that they were in the dryer and would bring them to us when they were done. We never did recieve them. The phone did ring later on, and I assume it might have been the staff saying that they were ready, but I was already in the shower and could not get to the phone. I really consider that to be a minor problem.

My husband really loved the 42'' inch high def tv and the large L-shaped sectional sofa and ottoman. It really made him feel at home. The partition between the bed and the sofa area made it seem like two different rooms.

Some people on here commented on the bathroom not having a place to put their towels while taking a shower since the bathroom only had a shower and a toilet. We didn't encounter that problem since our shower had a rack in the shower for your clean towels. I also liked the fact that the sink and vanity was outside of the bathroom To me it's much more sanitary.

The airport shuttle was very timely. Especially picking us up after our arriving flight. I thought that was going to be a long wait, but it wasn't. As soon as we got our bags we called the hotel, and was told the driver would be there in 10 minutes and he was, right on the dot. I was impressed!

I will definately stay here again without a doubt! Great hotel!

• Liked — Close to BWI, the shuttle service and the comfort of the room.
  • Disliked — Nothing, it was great!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

My husband and I stayed here after an Oriole game and it was a great room and the TV was wonderful. I would definitely stay here again. The driver made some suggestions for a nice seafood restaurant and he was right on the money, they had fabulous crab cakes. The place was G&M Seafood Restaurant, here's their web address http://www.gandmrestaurant.com/ I am very picky about my crab cakes since I was raised on Virginia seafood. The driver was a big help on the area and getting around, he also took us right to the metro station too.

• Liked — Room Size and decor
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

loved, loved, loved The Hyatt Place hotel. The room is small, but great use of space. There is huuge, mounted LCD flat-panel tv that swivels from both the sitting area to the sleeping area. Room was clean and nicely decorated. Bathrooms are super small, but the sink vanity area outside of the 'toilet-shower' room is a bonus. the design of the hotel and room in general is very trendy.

siiiiiigh, i wish i could still get this hotel via hotwire. it seems they have recently changed their 3-star hotel to something far less comparable.

• Liked — trendy, modern....
  • Disliked — nothing.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!