“Good place for a quick stay” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Good place for a quick stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I ended up needing a place to stay for a night due to a flight delay and decided to give the Hyatt Place Baltimore Airport a try. When I arrived at the airport I called the hotel and awaited the free shuttle. The hotel is not too far away so did not have to wait too long to check in once the shuttle arrived. Even though it was late there were still several members still working at reception. They provided a quick overview of the hotel since it was my first time, and soon found myself in my room.

Upon entering my room, I was surprised on how big it was. The first part of the room is a sitting area with a L-shaped sofa and stand-alone cushioned seat. Across from the sofa is a sink, refrigerator and a nice sized work desk. There is a decorative partition between the sitting area and bedroom. The television is located on the wall between these two rooms, which was a little odd as you had to twist it to view it from an angle.

The king bed was nice and comfortable as were the pillows. The air conditioner was not too loud, so it made for a good night's sleep overnight. The bathroom is adjacent to the bed. The sink is actually a two part countertop. The sink is on a slightly elevated level from the dresser, which gives plenty of space to spread out your toiletries. The toilet and bath/shower combo is located in its own enclosed space. I had no issues with the shower as there was plenty of hot water and water pressure.

The hotel has a free hot breakfast from 0600 to 1030 each morning. I left prior to 0600 so didn't get a chance to take advantage of it. However there were some items already on the line which I was able to take with me. By the look of the number of people staying at the hotel it is likely the breakfast room can get crowded quickly.

If you are taking the shuttle to the airport make sure to reserve your time the night prior. Overall the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and gives you every opportunity to have an enjoyable experience. I would recommend the Hyatt Place and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for providing such a thorough and positive review. I am very appreciative of the opportunity to hear your comments regarding your overall experience. I hope you will stay with us if your plans bring you back to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Trinity County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Standard, clean & efficiently operated Hyatt Place. Recommended if you are overnighting between BWI flights. Staff has the classic Hyatt attitude of friendly, courteous, rapid & effective service.

TripAdvisor will not accept a rebiew of fewer than 200 characters, so I hope this line fills it out as I am a strong believer in the value of brevity and have said enough already.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you if your plans bring you back to the area.
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was my first stay at this property. Hotwire had often put me at the Sheraton Four Points abutting the airport and, frankly, I'd grown quite attached to it (and its very good restaurant). However, this was a pleasant change and a place to which I'd happily return. The lobby more or less doubles as a large breakfast room. Breakfast, by the way, is included in the room rate and well above average (a rotating selection of hot - and I really mean "hot" items), an array of chilled juices in large pitchers on an iced counter, and sturdy, stylish plastic plates and glasses (until they run out and then it's styro-foam). Next to the check-in desk is a small bar and a chilled display of a wide selection of above-average packaged sandwiches, salads, pastries, etc. which, though over-priced, are very tasty. I'd say it's better-than-average airport food with larger portions though similarly priced. My check-in process was very slow owing to computer problems with the interface with the housekeeping staff. The staff was very apologetic. A compensatory cookie from the adjacent food display would have been a nice gesture. (Upon a subsequent purchase when they were out of the potato chips which come with sandwiches, the nice lady offered me a second free cookie as recompense.)

My fifth floor room featured a large seating area with a kitchenette featuring a small sink and 3-foot "midi-fridge," a desk with ergonomic chair and a good lamp, and a huge L-shaped sofa (part of which was a pull-out bed) and a leather-topped ottoman which could have been used as a "table" for a Japanese meal! The bedroom, separated by a partial wall with frosted window panes, was comfortable, with two twin beds, a kind of small closet, sink, counter with big mirror and the bath-shower and commode were in their own separate room. A HUGE hi-def LG television swiveled just enough so it could be comfortably watched from either the bedroom or the sitting area. Handsome lighting fixtures in the corridors and in the room itself were art deco influenced. The socket I needed for my C-PAP machine required getting down on the floor to access owing to the design of the wall-mounted table under which it was placed.

I arrived during Preakness week-end, so the joint was jumpin'. Housekeeping seemed a bit overwhelmed - especially with the mass check-outs on Sunday as they affected those of us who were staying over). However, my problem with a slow-draining bathtub Monday was fixed immediately by the friendly maintenance staff.

The hotel is easily accessible from the Baltimore-Washington Parkway, minutes from downtown Baltimore or the airport. There's a Ruby Tuesday next door and a 7-Eleven nearby. Venture further afield and you'll find a dazzling array of ethnic restaurants. However, it might help to have a GPS. Despite my many trips and stays to the airport neighborhood, I've found the area around BWI to be very challenging to navigate. But I was sure happy to find this Hyatt Place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for writing such an in depth and positive review! I am glad that even with a few hiccups in your stay, overall it was a good experience. I hope you will be staying with us in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights while attending a course that was held in the hotel. It was so convenient to do that that I would do it again anytime. The rooms are very large and comfortable. I found everything to be clean. I am really fussy about beds as I have several physical conditions that make it difficult for me to sleep. I slept like a baby at this hotel. All of the staff was very pleasant and helpful. I did use the pool to work out and stretch and it was a perfect temperature for doing so. THere isn't a whirlpool but the pool water was warm enough that I didn't need it.
They had a free breakfast that I thought was decent and had hot egg sandwiches that I liked as well. Usually all you get is cereal and pastries so this was a nice change. I had brought food with me to keep in the room and ate there at our lunch breaks to save money so didn't have the hotel food other than the breakfast.

Room Tip: I liked being at the end of the hall away from the elevators. I could just go up and down the steps...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for completing your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is in a very good location. It's close to a huge outlet mall and movie theater, which are about 6 miles away. So are all the restaurants. Very easy to get to downtown Baltimore. Even though it's close to the airport, there is no airplane noise. Very quiet and clean hotel, great to relax in after travel and site seeing.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms away from the elevator traffic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This past week my kids were on vacation and decided to head to Maryland.We had no reservations so we took our chances where we would stay.We were very pleased we chose the Hyatt.The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable..I loved all the pillows. We loved that the room was sectioned off so whoever was tired could rest while the others watched TV.Seemed that the Hyatt thought of everything...even a good ice bucket and glasses.All the little things that make staying at a hotel more like "home". The breakfast in the morning was very good, lots of choices.There was a little cafe set up so we could get cookies or even salads during the day if we wanted.A few chain restaurants around us they were very convenient.The newspaper and fresh fruit was a added pleasure being offered to us from the front desk. All of the people that worked at the Hyatt were so kind and helpful.The next time we are in Maryland we will definately think of the Hyatt first.

Room Tip: Ask for what you need and the people at this hotel are more then happy to help you. Enjoy your stay...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

As a Diamond Member of Hyatt, this franchised property is a horrible excuse of the use of the Hyatt Brand. We had several problems at this property.Room one had no closet(room 203)to hang up cloths, and upon moveing rooms, the HVAC was not working and took hours to have it fixed. Rooms are dirty, tattered and not well maintained. The biggest problem with this facility is the staff, which are poorly trained, and lazy. We understand that the Hyatt Place is the entry price point for under the Hyatt Brand, however we have stayed at other Hyatt Place facilities that were acceptable. When we brought the problems to the Manager on Duty's attention over the fours days we were their, little action was taken to improve our stay. Housekeeping and maintainance our poor, with rooms only cleaned properly after several request. Avoid the disappointment, and stay at another property such as a Red Roof Inn, or Days Inn as it would be an upgrade compared to this facility at third of the cost.

Room Tip: Stay on top floor to avoid noise above you as construction is poor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I appreciate your taking the time to speak to me before departing. I obviously am very disappointed to read your review and I will be sure your concerns are addressed. Your business and loyalty to the Hyatt brand is appreciated.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linthicum Heights
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 499 reviews
The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
The Westin Baltimore Washington ...
#12 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 497 reviews
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
#19 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 365 reviews
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington I...
#24 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
3.5 of 5 stars 590 reviews
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Ai...
#16 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 458 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport North Inn & Suites

Been to Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!