“Do I really have to leave?” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #24 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Do I really have to leave?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was my first stay at this property. Hotwire had often put me at the Sheraton Four Points abutting the airport and, frankly, I'd grown quite attached to it (and its very good restaurant). However, this was a pleasant change and a place to which I'd happily return. The lobby more or less doubles as a large breakfast room. Breakfast, by the way, is included in the room rate and well above average (a rotating selection of hot - and I really mean "hot" items), an array of chilled juices in large pitchers on an iced counter, and sturdy, stylish plastic plates and glasses (until they run out and then it's styro-foam). Next to the check-in desk is a small bar and a chilled display of a wide selection of above-average packaged sandwiches, salads, pastries, etc. which, though over-priced, are very tasty. I'd say it's better-than-average airport food with larger portions though similarly priced. My check-in process was very slow owing to computer problems with the interface with the housekeeping staff. The staff was very apologetic. A compensatory cookie from the adjacent food display would have been a nice gesture. (Upon a subsequent purchase when they were out of the potato chips which come with sandwiches, the nice lady offered me a second free cookie as recompense.)

My fifth floor room featured a large seating area with a kitchenette featuring a small sink and 3-foot "midi-fridge," a desk with ergonomic chair and a good lamp, and a huge L-shaped sofa (part of which was a pull-out bed) and a leather-topped ottoman which could have been used as a "table" for a Japanese meal! The bedroom, separated by a partial wall with frosted window panes, was comfortable, with two twin beds, a kind of small closet, sink, counter with big mirror and the bath-shower and commode were in their own separate room. A HUGE hi-def LG television swiveled just enough so it could be comfortably watched from either the bedroom or the sitting area. Handsome lighting fixtures in the corridors and in the room itself were art deco influenced. The socket I needed for my C-PAP machine required getting down on the floor to access owing to the design of the wall-mounted table under which it was placed.

I arrived during Preakness week-end, so the joint was jumpin'. Housekeeping seemed a bit overwhelmed - especially with the mass check-outs on Sunday as they affected those of us who were staying over). However, my problem with a slow-draining bathtub Monday was fixed immediately by the friendly maintenance staff.

The hotel is easily accessible from the Baltimore-Washington Parkway, minutes from downtown Baltimore or the airport. There's a Ruby Tuesday next door and a 7-Eleven nearby. Venture further afield and you'll find a dazzling array of ethnic restaurants. However, it might help to have a GPS. Despite my many trips and stays to the airport neighborhood, I've found the area around BWI to be very challenging to navigate. But I was sure happy to find this Hyatt Place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for writing such an in depth and positive review! I am glad that even with a few hiccups in your stay, overall it was a good experience. I hope you will be staying with us in the future.

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights while attending a course that was held in the hotel. It was so convenient to do that that I would do it again anytime. The rooms are very large and comfortable. I found everything to be clean. I am really fussy about beds as I have several physical conditions that make it difficult for me to sleep. I slept like a baby at this hotel. All of the staff was very pleasant and helpful. I did use the pool to work out and stretch and it was a perfect temperature for doing so. THere isn't a whirlpool but the pool water was warm enough that I didn't need it.
They had a free breakfast that I thought was decent and had hot egg sandwiches that I liked as well. Usually all you get is cereal and pastries so this was a nice change. I had brought food with me to keep in the room and ate there at our lunch breaks to save money so didn't have the hotel food other than the breakfast.

Room Tip: I liked being at the end of the hall away from the elevators. I could just go up and down the steps...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for completing your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is in a very good location. It's close to a huge outlet mall and movie theater, which are about 6 miles away. So are all the restaurants. Very easy to get to downtown Baltimore. Even though it's close to the airport, there is no airplane noise. Very quiet and clean hotel, great to relax in after travel and site seeing.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms away from the elevator traffic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This past week my kids were on vacation and decided to head to Maryland.We had no reservations so we took our chances where we would stay.We were very pleased we chose the Hyatt.The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable..I loved all the pillows. We loved that the room was sectioned off so whoever was tired could rest while the others watched TV.Seemed that the Hyatt thought of everything...even a good ice bucket and glasses.All the little things that make staying at a hotel more like "home". The breakfast in the morning was very good, lots of choices.There was a little cafe set up so we could get cookies or even salads during the day if we wanted.A few chain restaurants around us they were very convenient.The newspaper and fresh fruit was a added pleasure being offered to us from the front desk. All of the people that worked at the Hyatt were so kind and helpful.The next time we are in Maryland we will definately think of the Hyatt first.

Room Tip: Ask for what you need and the people at this hotel are more then happy to help you. Enjoy your stay...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

As a Diamond Member of Hyatt, this franchised property is a horrible excuse of the use of the Hyatt Brand. We had several problems at this property.Room one had no closet(room 203)to hang up cloths, and upon moveing rooms, the HVAC was not working and took hours to have it fixed. Rooms are dirty, tattered and not well maintained. The biggest problem with this facility is the staff, which are poorly trained, and lazy. We understand that the Hyatt Place is the entry price point for under the Hyatt Brand, however we have stayed at other Hyatt Place facilities that were acceptable. When we brought the problems to the Manager on Duty's attention over the fours days we were their, little action was taken to improve our stay. Housekeeping and maintainance our poor, with rooms only cleaned properly after several request. Avoid the disappointment, and stay at another property such as a Red Roof Inn, or Days Inn as it would be an upgrade compared to this facility at third of the cost.

Room Tip: Stay on top floor to avoid noise above you as construction is poor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I appreciate your taking the time to speak to me before departing. I obviously am very disappointed to read your review and I will be sure your concerns are addressed. Your business and loyalty to the Hyatt brand is appreciated.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed in this hotel because it was near the airport and also because a family member lives nearby. The room was very clean and we loved the divided areas. The swivel TV was an added nice touch. Breakfast area was well supplied with a good assortment of food. Especially enjoyed the fresh fruit. The van driver took us to the train station for a trip to DC and also to the airport for our arrival and departure. He was very pleasant and gave us suggestions. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and kind comments. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and I hope your travels will bring you back to the area soon!
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel. The location is great close to some major highways and within walking distance to a couple chain restaurants. The hotel looks very nice the room was nice and it was all at a great price. Now for the bad, when I woke up in the morning I found ants in my bed like many ants under the sheets! I only stayed 1 night and didn’t have any food in my room. I went down stairs and told the person at the front desk and all she told me was “Oh it’s that time of year” Also there isn’t a lot of seating in the morning for breakfast so seemed like everyone was fighting for a spot to sit to eat breakfast. The breakfast was good for a free hotel breakfast if there was any food left. I got down there were no plates left and the food was almost all gone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am very sorry for the ant problem and the response from the Gallery Host. While it is an issue that comes up seasonally, we employ a professional company to control the issue and is no excuse to have them present in the room. You can be sure we take all the appropriate steps to control them. Again, I am sorry you experienced this and hope that you would choose to give us another opportunity should your travels bring you to the area.

Been to Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!