“Home Sweet Home??...Almost” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Home Sweet Home??...Almost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This past week my kids were on vacation and decided to head to Maryland.We had no reservations so we took our chances where we would stay.We were very pleased we chose the Hyatt.The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable..I loved all the pillows. We loved that the room was sectioned off so whoever was tired could rest while the others watched TV.Seemed that the Hyatt thought of everything...even a good ice bucket and glasses.All the little things that make staying at a hotel more like "home". The breakfast in the morning was very good, lots of choices.There was a little cafe set up so we could get cookies or even salads during the day if we wanted.A few chain restaurants around us they were very convenient.The newspaper and fresh fruit was a added pleasure being offered to us from the front desk. All of the people that worked at the Hyatt were so kind and helpful.The next time we are in Maryland we will definately think of the Hyatt first.

Room Tip: Ask for what you need and the people at this hotel are more then happy to help you. Enjoy your stay...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

As a Diamond Member of Hyatt, this franchised property is a horrible excuse of the use of the Hyatt Brand. We had several problems at this property.Room one had no closet(room 203)to hang up cloths, and upon moveing rooms, the HVAC was not working and took hours to have it fixed. Rooms are dirty, tattered and not well maintained. The biggest problem with this facility is the staff, which are poorly trained, and lazy. We understand that the Hyatt Place is the entry price point for under the Hyatt Brand, however we have stayed at other Hyatt Place facilities that were acceptable. When we brought the problems to the Manager on Duty's attention over the fours days we were their, little action was taken to improve our stay. Housekeeping and maintainance our poor, with rooms only cleaned properly after several request. Avoid the disappointment, and stay at another property such as a Red Roof Inn, or Days Inn as it would be an upgrade compared to this facility at third of the cost.

Room Tip: Stay on top floor to avoid noise above you as construction is poor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I appreciate your taking the time to speak to me before departing. I obviously am very disappointed to read your review and I will be sure your concerns are addressed. Your business and loyalty to the Hyatt brand is appreciated.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed in this hotel because it was near the airport and also because a family member lives nearby. The room was very clean and we loved the divided areas. The swivel TV was an added nice touch. Breakfast area was well supplied with a good assortment of food. Especially enjoyed the fresh fruit. The van driver took us to the train station for a trip to DC and also to the airport for our arrival and departure. He was very pleasant and gave us suggestions. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and kind comments. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and I hope your travels will bring you back to the area soon!
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel. The location is great close to some major highways and within walking distance to a couple chain restaurants. The hotel looks very nice the room was nice and it was all at a great price. Now for the bad, when I woke up in the morning I found ants in my bed like many ants under the sheets! I only stayed 1 night and didn’t have any food in my room. I went down stairs and told the person at the front desk and all she told me was “Oh it’s that time of year” Also there isn’t a lot of seating in the morning for breakfast so seemed like everyone was fighting for a spot to sit to eat breakfast. The breakfast was good for a free hotel breakfast if there was any food left. I got down there were no plates left and the food was almost all gone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am very sorry for the ant problem and the response from the Gallery Host. While it is an issue that comes up seasonally, we employ a professional company to control the issue and is no excuse to have them present in the room. You can be sure we take all the appropriate steps to control them. Again, I am sorry you experienced this and hope that you would choose to give us another opportunity should your travels bring you to the area.
Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had a recent stay at this particular Hyatt (3/29/2013) and was dismayed and disappointed with the room. First, as you enter the building, the lobby sets the tone. Beautifully decorated and appointed with the front desk adjoining the bar, it is open to a sitting area, dining area, and small alcove that is their business center. However, upon reaching my room and opening the door, I was disappointed-the room, although rather large and spacious, was drab, dowdy, dingy, and "worn" in appearance. There was also a strange stale smell. I contacted the management and asked about a different room, but was told that none were available. I could have called one of the other hotels in this region, but I was fairly exhausted.

I did receive a discount for my stay, but I don't think I can face another Hyatt disappointment. There was a multitude of dried "something" on the backside of the bathroom door, hairs on the floor, and missing toiletries. The sheets were rough and there was no bedding for the sofa bed. It was a long wait for housekeeping to remedy this.

This particular hotel gets a "Poor" instead of "Terrible" because the bar area was nice and relaxing, and the breakfast was pretty substantial. This hotel is contracted for use by the airlines for staff, it is a shame if they have to put up with this poor quality on a regular basis.

Room Tip: The breakfast is good, and there is a bar in the lobby (although there is a Ruby Tuesdays adjoining...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am glad you enjoyed the public space, bar and breakfast. I am sorry that the room condition was not up to standard and will see that we pay better attention to the upkeep of the guestrooms. I hope that you will choose to stay with us if your travels bring you back to the BWI area.
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel is okay if you are just staying for the night but if you are going to be there for more than that, I will not recommend it. Firstly, we booked for a double bed room before we arrived. When we got there, we were told that they only have a king bed and will move us to the double bed room the next day. So we had to pack up our stuffs and move. Then, after staying for a few days in the other room, we woke up to a stench smell and it was coming from the pipe. Before we left that morning, we told the receptionist about the smell. He took note and we left for the day. When we got back to the room, our bags and suitcases around the sink area were soaked and smelled like the stench smell from earlier. I was upset and went to talk to the manager who was apologetic but didn't sound sincere. They moved us to another room which means we have to pack our stuffs again. No compensations for our smelly suitcases and bags whatsoever. Since it has been paid, we decided to stay throughout since there was no other problems after that.

The only good thing is the breakfast and the business center area. Other than that, stay away from this place unless you are only going to be here for the night. I can't believe they call this Hyatt!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry to hear of your poor experience. This is certainly not the kind of experience we hope to provide. I am also very disappointed to hear how the staff handled the situation with your room. I will be sure that your comments are reviewed and steps taken to ensure that issues are handled more appropriately. Again, I apologize for your disappointing stay and hope you will choose to give us another opportunity in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had two rooms - stayed over for one night to make an early flight out of BWI. Very efficient check-in - rooms very clean and modern in decor - very spacious although small bathroom. Huge TV - comfortable beds.

Also a great place to park your car for a small fee and a convenient shuttle to and from the airport.

For the value this is a great location for a quick stop over and made our journey so much easier and less stressful needing to be at the airport by 4.30am.

Hyatt have done a great job with their "Hyatt Place" portofolio. They are in our experience better quality choices than Hampton Inn and often newer and better refreshed properties. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!