“Fount Ants in my bed!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Akron, Ohio
“Fount Ants in my bed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel. The location is great close to some major highways and within walking distance to a couple chain restaurants. The hotel looks very nice the room was nice and it was all at a great price. Now for the bad, when I woke up in the morning I found ants in my bed like many ants under the sheets! I only stayed 1 night and didn’t have any food in my room. I went down stairs and told the person at the front desk and all she told me was “Oh it’s that time of year” Also there isn’t a lot of seating in the morning for breakfast so seemed like everyone was fighting for a spot to sit to eat breakfast. The breakfast was good for a free hotel breakfast if there was any food left. I got down there were no plates left and the food was almost all gone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am very sorry for the ant problem and the response from the Gallery Host. While it is an issue that comes up seasonally, we employ a professional company to control the issue and is no excuse to have them present in the room. You can be sure we take all the appropriate steps to control them. Again, I am sorry you experienced this and hope that you would choose to give us another opportunity should your travels bring you to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had a recent stay at this particular Hyatt (3/29/2013) and was dismayed and disappointed with the room. First, as you enter the building, the lobby sets the tone. Beautifully decorated and appointed with the front desk adjoining the bar, it is open to a sitting area, dining area, and small alcove that is their business center. However, upon reaching my room and opening the door, I was disappointed-the room, although rather large and spacious, was drab, dowdy, dingy, and "worn" in appearance. There was also a strange stale smell. I contacted the management and asked about a different room, but was told that none were available. I could have called one of the other hotels in this region, but I was fairly exhausted.

I did receive a discount for my stay, but I don't think I can face another Hyatt disappointment. There was a multitude of dried "something" on the backside of the bathroom door, hairs on the floor, and missing toiletries. The sheets were rough and there was no bedding for the sofa bed. It was a long wait for housekeeping to remedy this.

This particular hotel gets a "Poor" instead of "Terrible" because the bar area was nice and relaxing, and the breakfast was pretty substantial. This hotel is contracted for use by the airlines for staff, it is a shame if they have to put up with this poor quality on a regular basis.

Room Tip: The breakfast is good, and there is a bar in the lobby (although there is a Ruby Tuesdays adjoining...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am glad you enjoyed the public space, bar and breakfast. I am sorry that the room condition was not up to standard and will see that we pay better attention to the upkeep of the guestrooms. I hope that you will choose to stay with us if your travels bring you back to the BWI area.
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel is okay if you are just staying for the night but if you are going to be there for more than that, I will not recommend it. Firstly, we booked for a double bed room before we arrived. When we got there, we were told that they only have a king bed and will move us to the double bed room the next day. So we had to pack up our stuffs and move. Then, after staying for a few days in the other room, we woke up to a stench smell and it was coming from the pipe. Before we left that morning, we told the receptionist about the smell. He took note and we left for the day. When we got back to the room, our bags and suitcases around the sink area were soaked and smelled like the stench smell from earlier. I was upset and went to talk to the manager who was apologetic but didn't sound sincere. They moved us to another room which means we have to pack our stuffs again. No compensations for our smelly suitcases and bags whatsoever. Since it has been paid, we decided to stay throughout since there was no other problems after that.

The only good thing is the breakfast and the business center area. Other than that, stay away from this place unless you are only going to be here for the night. I can't believe they call this Hyatt!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry to hear of your poor experience. This is certainly not the kind of experience we hope to provide. I am also very disappointed to hear how the staff handled the situation with your room. I will be sure that your comments are reviewed and steps taken to ensure that issues are handled more appropriately. Again, I apologize for your disappointing stay and hope you will choose to give us another opportunity in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had two rooms - stayed over for one night to make an early flight out of BWI. Very efficient check-in - rooms very clean and modern in decor - very spacious although small bathroom. Huge TV - comfortable beds.

Also a great place to park your car for a small fee and a convenient shuttle to and from the airport.

For the value this is a great location for a quick stop over and made our journey so much easier and less stressful needing to be at the airport by 4.30am.

Hyatt have done a great job with their "Hyatt Place" portofolio. They are in our experience better quality choices than Hampton Inn and often newer and better refreshed properties. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've stayed here a few times for work and have to say that this time I was a bit disappointed. Generally, I've been pleased with all of my Hyatt stays and HP is great for business travelers. The check in was pleasant and the room was clean - I was let down by the housekeeping service. I had one glass that felt as if someone drank a soda and just put the glass back on the shelf - sticky and visibly dirty. When I left it in the small sink for a pickup or replacement, it was still there the next day. Along with my used towels (on the floor), a few items that were clearly good to toss out (i.e. in a trash can), and an ironing board that was haphazardly left out in my morning rush. Basically, it seemed like the only thing they did was come in and make the bed. I'm not usually a stickler for these things, but it was just not the level of detail I'm used to from Hyatt. Floor was quiet, even with a few lacrosse teams in for a tournament. Breakfast was generally well tended to - they ran low on a few items, but that's to be expected with a morning breakfast rush.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with the service, but I am very disappointed to hear of the housekeeping issues. I will be sure that we address the lack of attention to the daily housekeeping service. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.
On The Road
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I am continually impressed with the Hyatt Place Brand - they provide consistency that other similar hotels just can't seem to manage. While the limited service hotel market is crowded with competitors Hyatt Place is the gem of the market. Every hotel provides excellent consistent service, with a very high quality lodging experience, and the best 'free' breakfast experience.

While each property is a little different in regard to wear and tear, of the properties I have visited there isn't a single property that I wouldn't return to for another stay.

This property was very welcoming - the front desk staff was friendly, the lobby was spotless, and my room was very clean.

The only negative I would mention for this property is that the housekeeper that serviced my room was very unfriendly. I was in my room one day when she came to clean and despite my friendly greeting and attempt to converse, she uttered but a word or two and slammed the door without saying another word.

One evening I made use of the pool, and it was nice! For such a cold winter day, the indoor temperature was nice - and the pool was very warm! Perfect end to such a cold day!
The hotel does not have a hot tub, just a pool. The pool is larger than a standard indoor pool at a similar sized property.

Parking can be a bit of a challenge at this property, there is parking in the front and the back. There isn't a ramp at the rear entry of the property - so arriving or leaving with luggage through the back of the hotel is a bit of a pain. There is a Ruby Tuesday next door to the property, and there is some spill over parking from restaurant guests. So arrive early, and you shouldn't have any problems!

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you like to keep an eye on your vehicle, as for a room on the back of the property - the back lot...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights and the accommodations were decent. The hotel was clean, but was not as updated as other Hyatt hotels that we have stayed in. Some of the staff members were friendly, some were not. Hyatt, (in general), does not have overly friendly staff members; accommodating:yes, friendly:no. The room was large and was near the airport; however, there is not much nearby. The only restaurants that I recall seeing were a Bob Evans and a Ruby Tuesday. Overall, this hotel would meet the standard traveler's needs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was merely average. I am disappointed that you did not find all of the staff to be friendly, I would expect that as a minimum. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the BWI area you would choose to stay with us again. I would appreciate the opportunity to make a more positive impression.

Been to Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!