“Decent at Best” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
DC
“Decent at Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights and the accommodations were decent. The hotel was clean, but was not as updated as other Hyatt hotels that we have stayed in. Some of the staff members were friendly, some were not. Hyatt, (in general), does not have overly friendly staff members; accommodating:yes, friendly:no. The room was large and was near the airport; however, there is not much nearby. The only restaurants that I recall seeing were a Bob Evans and a Ruby Tuesday. Overall, this hotel would meet the standard traveler's needs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was merely average. I am disappointed that you did not find all of the staff to be friendly, I would expect that as a minimum. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the BWI area you would choose to stay with us again. I would appreciate the opportunity to make a more positive impression.

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had put on our reservation-quiet location. We checked it VERY late (the next morning) but had prepaid the room. We were told we had the last room and it was across from the elevator!!! At around 1:30am we go to the room (418?) and before we open the door, we hear banging!!! We open the door and the heater/air machine sounded like it was ready to blow! We went to the front desk (extremely tired from our 20 hour plus travels from South America) and Jessica couldn't leave the desk so sent the driver, Vern. (HE WAS WONDERFUL and a complete asset to the property. ) He agreed that this was not good and told Jessica. She didn't know what to do with no rooms left. She had no contacts to call to assist us!!! We were so frustrated. Vern tried to help the situation. NOTHING! We wondered (and suggested) using another hotel with rooms. This was toooooo frustrating so got in the car and drover approx. two hours home arriving after 3:30am. (And we got a ticket along the way!) We called and left a message for Dion the assistant manager. What a bad experience. On a positive note, Dion called the next day and apologized and reimbursed us our prepaid night.

Room Tip: NOT THE ONE ON THE 4th floor across from the elevator!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. I am very sorry to hear about the problem with your room. This should have been addressed prior to your arrival and I apologize it was not. I am glad to hear that Dion followed up with you and hopefully his offer compensated for the inconvenience. I hope that you will choose to stay with us if your plans bring you back to the area.
Hoboken, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I spent one night at this hotel after a long flight into BWI. This was my secont stay at a Hyatt Place and I've had very nice experiences at both.

The rooms are very nice, clean, and spacious. The only complaint I have (which really isn't a big deal, therefore not a complaint) is that the layouts of the room are awkward. They try to split up the room into several mini-rooms (bedroom, living room, kitchen) with half walls. It's not a big deal but it bothers me for some reason.

The best part of the hotel is the 24/7 hot food availability at the front desk. You can get a beer, sandwich, or pizza at any time. Prices are slightly high but not exorbitant. Breakfast is free and gets the job done. The egg sandwiches looked disgusting but the rest of the food was fine.

On the same trip, I stayed at the Sheraton on a different night. Both were very nice hotels. However, I would choose the Sheraton over the Hyatt Place as the rooms are slightly better there, but not by much.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stay at quite a few Hyatt Places (and regular Hyatts) across the country for business - typically 75 nights or so per year. The Hyatt Places are all very similar, but it's a decent layout that is good for the business traveler. I stayed at this Hyatt Place for 5 nights while I was doing business with a company in the BWI area. I wouldn't recommend it if you need to be in central Baltimore or DC, but if you need something near BWI, it's fine. The reviewer who said that the bathrooms need updating is right, even compared to other Hyatt Places, they are in rough shape. This isn't a 5 star hotel, but it shoudn't be. They certainly don't charge 5 star prices.

Room Tip: The south side of the hotel faces the BWI runway, so you will get less airplane noise facing North...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for completing your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose to stay with us on future trips to the BWI area.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel was good and clean, but needs some serious updating, especially with the bathroom. The tub and toilet area were very outdated. Also, the breakfast doesn't start until 6 a.m., and our flight left at 6:30, so we missed breakfast. I sort of expected a hotel that's supposed to cater to travelers would have an earlier start.

Having said that, the shuttle was great and took us right where we needed to go. It was also there within 10 minutes of us calling when we got back to BWI. Not a whole lot close by (and highly recommend staying away from Ruby Tuesday's next door). The room was clean and it was still a great place to stay for a night before an early flight.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your response. I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and that the shuttle service met your travel needs. We are hoping in the next year to begin bathroom renovations. The process is in the planning stages, but it is an extensive remodel that will take some time to implement. I hope you will choose to stay with us the next time you are traveling out of BWI.
Verona, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here for three nights for business reason. It is an average hotel ... Clean enought but absolutely in the middle of no where. Next time for sure I will chose another one probably in the Baltimore city center.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your response. It is true that there are not a great deal of activities in our immediate area, but as an airport location we are just a few minutes from Baltimore-Washington International Airport and by not being in the city, we can provide ample free parking as well as close proximity to many major companies in the BWI business district. Thank you again for your response and I hope you choose Hyatt Place in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

poor service. no buffet breakfast. front desk is beside the refrigerator. guest eat their breakfast at the lobby. the architect of that hotel should go back to school. lol their front desk agents are not as friendly. their breakfast sucks!! cold sandwiches in the morning! no eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausages. no lotion in the room. no mini bar. just just terrible. better to just shut it down. lol

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your response. I am disappointed that you were not happy with your stay. We do try to offer something for everyone by providing our A.M. Skillet breakfast, for which we have had very positive feedback and a bar with beer, wine and liquor available. Although the decision was made to not provide lotion in the rooms, it is available upon request. I am sorry that we could not meet your needs and hope you will give Hyatt Place another chance in your future travels.

Been to Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!