“Decent Hyatt Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reno, Nevada
“Decent Hyatt Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stay at quite a few Hyatt Places (and regular Hyatts) across the country for business - typically 75 nights or so per year. The Hyatt Places are all very similar, but it's a decent layout that is good for the business traveler. I stayed at this Hyatt Place for 5 nights while I was doing business with a company in the BWI area. I wouldn't recommend it if you need to be in central Baltimore or DC, but if you need something near BWI, it's fine. The reviewer who said that the bathrooms need updating is right, even compared to other Hyatt Places, they are in rough shape. This isn't a 5 star hotel, but it shoudn't be. They certainly don't charge 5 star prices.

Room Tip: The south side of the hotel faces the BWI runway, so you will get less airplane noise facing North...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for completing your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose to stay with us on future trips to the BWI area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel was good and clean, but needs some serious updating, especially with the bathroom. The tub and toilet area were very outdated. Also, the breakfast doesn't start until 6 a.m., and our flight left at 6:30, so we missed breakfast. I sort of expected a hotel that's supposed to cater to travelers would have an earlier start.

Having said that, the shuttle was great and took us right where we needed to go. It was also there within 10 minutes of us calling when we got back to BWI. Not a whole lot close by (and highly recommend staying away from Ruby Tuesday's next door). The room was clean and it was still a great place to stay for a night before an early flight.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your response. I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and that the shuttle service met your travel needs. We are hoping in the next year to begin bathroom renovations. The process is in the planning stages, but it is an extensive remodel that will take some time to implement. I hope you will choose to stay with us the next time you are traveling out of BWI.
Verona, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here for three nights for business reason. It is an average hotel ... Clean enought but absolutely in the middle of no where. Next time for sure I will chose another one probably in the Baltimore city center.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your response. It is true that there are not a great deal of activities in our immediate area, but as an airport location we are just a few minutes from Baltimore-Washington International Airport and by not being in the city, we can provide ample free parking as well as close proximity to many major companies in the BWI business district. Thank you again for your response and I hope you choose Hyatt Place in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

poor service. no buffet breakfast. front desk is beside the refrigerator. guest eat their breakfast at the lobby. the architect of that hotel should go back to school. lol their front desk agents are not as friendly. their breakfast sucks!! cold sandwiches in the morning! no eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausages. no lotion in the room. no mini bar. just just terrible. better to just shut it down. lol

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your response. I am disappointed that you were not happy with your stay. We do try to offer something for everyone by providing our A.M. Skillet breakfast, for which we have had very positive feedback and a bar with beer, wine and liquor available. Although the decision was made to not provide lotion in the rooms, it is available upon request. I am sorry that we could not meet your needs and hope you will give Hyatt Place another chance in your future travels.
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here being a surprise birthday getaway gift from my husband. We loved it. Very clean. Service was great! Continental breakfast was great also' everything fresh. The only downfall is there was no microwave in the room so we had to go downstairs to use one. Oh and the pool was an indoor pool but it was freezing cold. Other than that it was a beautiful hotel and we would recommend anyone to stay. And theres a STARBUCKS inside :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Room was nice. The snack bar was great with beer/wine/liquor. Breakfast great. High quality food.
Parking is well lighted. But; bathroom is tiny, tub doesn't drain, gym is small with broken elements, and pool is sub-par.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed here as I had a very early morning departure and wanted to be close to the airport instead of leaving at 2:30 AM for a flight. Hyatt is consistently a reliable and trustworthy property, no matter where it is. My experience with this property was mixed. The property is well maintained, in a convenient location adjacent to several restaurants (no restaurant at a Hyatt Place as this is not a full device hotel offering by design), friendly staff and the typical room furnishings.

Unfortunately my room wasn't cleaned very well by housekeeping. There was trash on the floor, food crumbs on the carpet and a toilet that wasn't up to par either. I can only guess that housekeeping hadn't finished because they were interrupted for some reason. It was late when I checked in so I didn't make a big deal of it however I did comment about it in an email survey post departure.

Within 24 hours of my response I was contacted via email by the GM for the property who offered a complete refund and an apology. Frankly that speaks well for Hyatt and is one of he many reasons I often stay in a Hyatt property. I should mention that this is the first and only time I have ever had an experience like this anywhere in the world in over 500 nights spent in a Hyatt property.

I'll keep staying in Hyatt hotels and consider this for what it was - an exception. I doubt this is a common experience in this property and will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!