“Super friendly service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn BWI Airport

You added Holiday Inn BWI Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn BWI Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Super friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We made a reservation at the last minute from an overseas smart phone, so we weren't sure if we even had a reservation or which room we had reserved when we got to the airport. After arriving from a long flight with some cranky children, a short phone call from the airport to the front desk sorted us out and sent a free shuttle to pick us up. The shuttle driver was awesome-- super friendly, chatted with my kids about out flight, pointed out restaurants and attractions in the area, and helped us load and unload our mountain of luggage. Desk staff was equally friendly; they offered us a choice of the available rooms and helped us order a food delivery to our room (and although they did mention their own in-hotel restaurant and bar, they didn't push it at us or make us feel bad for ordering elsewhere). Room was cool, clean, and big enough for all 5 of us to get a comfortable night's sleep. In the morning, another equally friendly shuttle driver took us back to the airport and helped us get ready to make our connecting flight. Overall, I was very happy with the price and the room, and I was thrilled with the service we got. I will definitely stay here again if I'm passing through BWI for future travels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Grace S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear badcarissa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you when passing through the BWI Airport area!

Yours in Hospitality,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Auburn, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

After coming in on a late flight, we were greeted by a very warm, welcoming and friendly front desk clerk. I wish I could recall her name, but she was awesome! The room exceeded my expectations as it was quite large,the bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. Since it was not a 5-star hotel, I expected the room to be just average. It was far from that! The decor was modern and beautiful, and we had more than enough space for the two of us. Although we were near the airport, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't hear the roar of airplanes flying overhead.

There is a very nice dining area in the lobby, which offers a delicious breakfast buffet. Please note that the food is not complimentary, but the price is affordable and very well worth every dime! The restaurant staff was also friendly and accommodating.

The location is also great. We had to drive to DC and Philadelphia during our stay, and the highway leading to both was just a few minutes away. Also, the hotel is conveniently located close to Anne Arundel Mills Mall and the Baltimore Harbor.

Whenever we have to travel to the area again, we will definitely stay at this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Grace S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Thank you for sharing how pleased you were with the service received from our Night Audit team! We are glad to hear our hotel had everything you needed from the clean spacious room with a comfortable bed to the delicious breakfast buffet and convenient location to Baltimore, DC and Arundel Mills Mall.

Please be sure to stay with us on your next visit to the Baltimore Airport area, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Caeur D Alene
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

My flight was cancelled so I had to stay over night, I did not have any luggage and was having a pretty bad trip.

The staff here made it all OK. Wonderful service. Heather R in the reception was truly special. It was busy and people seemed to be very inpatient, she kept it together and kept smiling. Helped me with toiletreys and was sure to get me everything I needed to make me feel at home.

I came down to the lobby later where I was helped with some hot water and tee. Great experience. Felt at home.

The restaurant area was very nice, business longe like feel to it.

Very clean, spacious rooms and the bathroom was comfortably spacious which is not common.

Beds, bedding and pillows just right for long trip.

Jaime

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Grace S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
We are very pleased that we were able to turn your bad trip around with great service, a smile and the amenities we have to offer. Thank you for your kind words and for mentioning the wonderful service provided by Heather at the front desk, she is a pleasure to work with. Please be sure to stay with us during your next visit to the Baltimore Airport area.

Newark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Friendly staff, especially in the dining room and lounge. Clean, well-appointed rooms. Great location convenient to local sites and attractions. Dining room / Room Service offers variety at very reasonable prices.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion of our hotel. Thank you for noting the friendliness of our team, cleanliness and convenience of our location.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the Baltimore area!

Morrisdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here one night. However, we booked through orbitz and was unaware of the additional cost for parking. This hotel charges an additional $6 per day parking if you want to leave your car while you fly elsewhere. The staff were extremely accommodating and professional and the room exceeded my expectations. The shuttle drivers were very knowledgeable about the area and were more than happy to make a recommendation for dinner. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that our guest rooms exceeded your expectations and you found our team to be extremely accommodating and professional. Our goal is to provide the best service to every guest, every day! Be sure to ask for our Park Stay and Go package the next time you have the need for extended parking, our package includes up to 7 days parking in your room rate.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the Baltimore area!

Tuftonboro, NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel has some positives, but these are overshadowed by lack of considerations for guests, most Holiday Inns I have stayed at offer a free breakfast for example. particularly for platinum elite members. When I asked about considerations, I was told I could either have 500 points, a bottle of water and some trail mix or a free drink. I chose the free drink and found when I got to the bar it isn't a "free drink" it is a free beer or wine. These people running this place put the cheap in cheap. The kicker was breakfast, as I said, there is nothing free, so I decided to order from the menu, I had eggs benedict. They looked nice, but when I cut ito one I found the "Canadian bacon" was some type of shaved ham, never seen anything like it, could have read a paper through it. The point here is these people are doing everything they can to increase profits at expense of guests. The eggs were $10, I would have happily paid $11 to have real Canadian bacon, I suspect they would gladly have taken the dollar and shaved it a touch thinner. It is a shame, the bathrooms were large, the rooms were clean if slightly dated, a change in attitude here would go a long way

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience experienced. We do not offer complimentary breakfast however; we do have a breakfast package that includes our hot buffet for up to 2 guests per day. I have shared your comments with my front desk team to ensure we do better explaining our IHG Rewards check-in amenity options clearly. We value our Platinum members as you are our most loyal guests; we want you to be 100% satisfied! I have informed our food and beverage team of your comments in regards to the Canadian bacon to see if there is a better quality option we should consider.

We appreciate your feedback and will consider your comments to make improvements in the appropriate areas. We hope this experience does not sway your opinion of our hotel or the Holiday Inn Brand. We would love to welcome you back if you would consider giving us another chance. If there is anything I can do to make this right for you please do not hesitate to contact me.

San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I did a last minute booking at this hotel through Hotels.com to go to a family funeral. In my haste When we showed up at 11:30 pm on the 2nd to check in after a long day of travel my name did not show up. I had made a mistake and booked for July 4-6 instead of 2-5. CJ at the Holiday Inn front desk explained that because this booking was done at Hotels.com they would have to be contacted to straighten up the mixup. He contacted them for me and listened as their customer service rep proceeded to tell me that I would have to pay a penalty of an extra night's stay. He got on the phone with them and went to great lengths to get them to simply shift the reservation forward with no penalty. When he had finally convinced Hotels.com to do this, CJ apologized to us (even though he had nothing to apologize for) and gave us a very nice room. He went way above and beyond to help us out. We really appreciate his efforts and those of the rest of the staff to make our stay very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your “Excellent Customer Service” experience with us! We are happy to hear that CJ played a major part in making your stay enjoyable by going “way above and beyond” to assist you. We appreciate your kind words.

Please be sure to stay with us when traveling to the Baltimore area.

Yours in Hospitality,

Been to Holiday Inn BWI Airport? Share your experiences!