“Nice hotel close to the airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn BWI Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn BWI Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn BWI Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
UNIONTOWN, OH
“Nice hotel close to the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This hotel was not far from the BWI airport. The hotel appeared to be remodeled recently and was very clean. The room was large, had a flat screen TV and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel had a large parking lot and there was no charge for parking unlike the hotels downtown. The staff was friendly. There are multiple restaurants not far from the hotel. There is a large outlet mall, movie theater and casino which are also not far from the hotel. There is a charge for breakfast since it is not an Express; I didn't have time to try it. The hotel was reasonably priced. I found the hotel was much less expensive than staying downtown Baltimore and it really wasn't a very far drive to get to downtown but I had to deal with traffic. The hotel had a shuttle but I did not use it since I had rented a car.

Room Tip: Although my room faced the road, I did not have a problem with street noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Salisbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was our first time for staying at the Holiday Inn BWI Airport and we were very pleasantly surprised. We were warmly greeted and checked in very quickly. Our surprise came when we entered our room.....it was very spacious, with a sitting area where we enjoyed a very comfortable sofa. Our bathroom was also very spacious....which we love. And, both rooms were spotless! Kudos to the housekeeping staff! We went to the dining (breakfast) room for dinner and our waitserver was Christina, who used to work at Four Points Sheraton (where we always stayed going in and out of BWI, but it closed). We had a wonderful talk and she told us other former Sheraton workers are employed here, too. She is a superb server! Our food was delicious.....yummy crab dip and fish and chips. When it's late in the evening, we like to eat lighter; they do offer full entrees. We like to relax in the evenings and feel that if a partial wall was erected between the end of the bar area to make it into a lounge and leave the other area for a dining room it would be more cozy. But, they weren't busy in the dining room that night, so it was not a problem. We would not hesitate to stay here again and highly recommend it to others. And, the bed was sooooo comfortable! We hated to get up the next morning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Grace S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Travelexplorer27,

We very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Thank you for the kudos to our housekeeping team, they work hard to ensure all rooms are “guest ready” everyday. We truly appreciate all they do. Christina is definitely a pleasure to have on our team, thank you for sharing how your service experience with her was “superb”. I agree the food in our Elevations restaurant is delicious! Many of our guests truly enjoy or chef’s creations. Thank you for the suggestion to making our bar cozier; we will keep that in mind when looking to make upgrades to our property.
Please be sure to stay with us during your next trip to the Baltimore area. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Yours in Hospitality,
Lancaster pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed one night and did park and fly before leaving for FL. Very reasonable rate. EXCELLENT stay, comfortable room,and beautiful hotel. The shuttle driver to the airport and return to hotel after vacation was FANTASTIC. Will stay here again when we go to Florida.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We frequent airport hotels a lot and I expected this to be very nice but nothing special. It turned out to be perhaps the best airport hotel we've stayed at in our years of travel. All that we hoped for. Very comfortable, clean, helpful staff, convenient to airport and a few popular and close restaurants. It also has a fine restaurant of its own with excellent choices and good service. I made a service call on arrival and maintenance arrived within five minutes and fixed the problem. Great service and all around atmosphere. Our new go to place for an airport hotel.

Room Tip: I always opt for a high floor for quiet. The halls and rooms were quiet throughout. Exceptional ni...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Like so many, we stayed at this property before an early flight from BWI. I just didn't see the jazz or the glamor others have been commenting about. This place is OK, but it is certainly not over the top. The web site for this hotel says they offer an Executive Floor, Bellmen/porters etc. Nope, none of that is offered. This is an old Comfort Suites made over to a lower level Holiday Inn.

The personnel at the hotel are nice and respectable. The service in the restaurant is fine, but the food in the restaurant is so-so at best. I ordered a hamburger, no cheese and I wanted it medium rare. The burger came cooked like shoe leather with cheese that I didn't want. The onion rings which I opted for over the French Fries were way over cooked and burnt. Plus, the onion rings were served without any seasoning.

I have read the other views about this property and the people there are OK, but the hotel is clearly lacking. I wanted the toilet seat fixed in our room. I asked the front desk people to fix the toilet seat or have some one do it. We went to dinner and after dinner, we arrived to see that the toilet seat was only partially fixed. I am not a handy man, but I completed the repairs. I don't think it's in my Platinum level of service to fix toilet seats.

There is a wonderful Marriott across the street which was my first choice, but they were fully booked. Unless you are drinking the Kool-Aid about this Holiday Inn, opt for a different place. This place isn't that great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear 678855,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member and for leaving us a feedback. We certainly appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the bathroom conditions may have caused you. Rest assured that the issues you have raised have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Waterford, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was my first time at this property and when I return I will stay here again. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I returned my rental car and they picked me up at the rental car facility here which saved me a lot of time as the rental facility here at the BWI airport is away from the main terminal and you must use a state run bus to get to it, not the easiest thing to do at times as the bus drivers are not friendly and do not help you with luggage. The food here at the hotel was above par for hotel food.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Over the March 21st weekend- we had 25-30 guests coming in from out of town to help us celebrate our son's Bar Mitzvah. From the moment I walked in to the lobby, I knew The newly renovated "oh so quaint" Holiday Inn BWI in Linthicum was the perfect place to block off rooms for my family and friends.

The staff was warm welcoming and super accomodating-from the receptions staff, restaurant staff all the way up to Dawn, the General Manager! Even thought our room rate included breakfast, I wanted to do something above and beyond for my guests. Lisa (Sales Manager) worked with me to create a special add on brunch to include Mimosas, fruit and chocolate toppings for our waffles and a fabulous omelet station...we all enjoyed ourselves!

They set up our room as a hospitality room to gather in on Friday and then the staff converted it into a bedroom on Saturday for us. From Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon-our family and friends had a WONDERFUL stay at the this Holiday Inn...thanks again!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn BWI Airport? Share your experiences!