“Nice place for a low price.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn BWI Airport

You added Holiday Inn BWI Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn BWI Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Sicklerville, New Jersey
“Nice place for a low price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend trip, April 20th to the 21st. Overall, it was a great place, and I will definitely go back. Before booking the hotel, I read the reviews, so I knew about the renovations. On their website, they said the renovations would end on April 15th, so I had high expectations, and was a little nervous when I walked in and saw the lobby still in pieces. The man behind the desk was very nice and told me that all of the rooms and floors were done; they were just still working on the common areas. We were placed on the third floor and it as wonderful. It smelled clean and looked great. The room itself was amazing, especially for the price. It was $69.99 for the night, and the room had a king bed and a pull-out couch. It was also a much larger space than I expected. I looked at other hotels in the area and they wanted more money for less space and a smaller bed. It was overall a very comfortable room, including the atmosphere. I felt very relaxed for my whole stay. I would also like to find out where to get some of their pillows. They were the most comfortable pillows I've ever slept on! The free breakfast was lacking a bit, but that's understandable since their eating-area was being renovated at the time. I've stayed at a Comfort Suites before, so I expected certain breakfast items that were not available. I'm sure it won't stay that way much longer, if they haven't already finished the renovations by now. The location was very convenient as well. I was visiting the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. This hotel was about 10-15 minutes away and a lot less expensive than staying directly in the city. Overall, it was great; great room, great service, great location. I will be returning to this hotel any time I'm visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hi Laura,

I am so glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us and see some of the renovations as we move closer to completion. I am truly sorry that breakfast was not yet back to it's normal offering but thank you for your understanding. We are about two weeks away from completion and are very excited!

We hope you come back to see us and get a chance to enjoy our new hotel!

Stacey Schuhardt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Let me first say that I often stay at this property when flying thru BWI. I knew it was under major reno in the lobby and breakfast area. They are not kidding. But staff did a marvelous job of keeping disruptions to a minimum. Work is done long before guests need to sleep so there was no noise related to the workers. The breakfast is much less than normal as they were serving it out of a guest room at the time of my stay. Rooms have all been re-done and are very modern and functional. Most importantly, I will mention that the reason for the reno is that as of mid-May, it will become a Holiday Inn property. I am sad to see this change as I tend to be brand-loyal so I can achieve/maintain status.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Gilbert,

Thank you for sharing your very nice comments about the staff and renovations. We are trying to make all of our guests feel at home and welcome during our renovations. It was kind of you to mention. As you try to stay brand loyal, I understand, but we would love to have you come back and stay with us and see the beautiful new hotel!

Perkasie, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We recently stayed here while attending two sporting events at the Naval Academy in Annapolis. We did not know about the renovation going on. That being said, it did not affect our stay at all. We arrived pretty late Saturday night. Our room was very nice and comfortable. We actually had 5 people in our room and still had plenty of room, the pull out sofa bed was comfortable.

The breakfast area is apparently being renovated and it has been moved to an extremely small room by the elevators. It was well stocked and the staff was very attentive.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you need a suite for a 5th person. Don't let the renovations scare you away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay! Yes, our breakfast area is under renovations currently and it is limited. We will be complete in mid-May with a new restaurant area and lobby. I am so happy you and your guests enjoyed our new very spacious rooms and that our staff was friendly and attentive during your stay.

We hope you will come back to us and see the hotel once it is finished!

Worcester, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have stayed at many Comfort Suites over the years and it is our favorite hotel chain, especially since it accommodates our entire young family in one room. However, we had no idea about the renovations taking place at this location when booking through TripAdvisor. We heard some construction noise Sat morning but it did not interfere with our rest. The room was very clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. Check-in and check-out were fast and easy. For the first time, though, our stay at a Comfort Suites was noisy between 10 pm and 3 am (people moving around and talking in the hallways and slamming doors). Also, the breakfast was not nearly as nice as we've experienced at other Comfort Suites (maybe due to construction limiting space?) and we had some issues parking as well (parked in by another vehicle, and the next day observed that others were parked in as well). Sadly, the staff at this location was not nearly as friendly and courteous as we normally experience with this chain. Still, we travelled with 4 children under eight and it was easy to get to and from Baltimore's Inner Harbor. For the price, we would be willing to give this location another chance at a later date.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi Amy,

It was very kind of you to give us some positive feedback during our renovations and we are glad you did enjoy the new rooms. Yes, our breakfast area is under renovations as well and we are offering a limited continental at the time. We hope to be finished mid-May with a full restaurant. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write about our hotel. Please come back and stay with us to see our brand new hotel!

Sawyer
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We came to fly out in morning! Our son had got this motel. They are remodeling it....will be nice when done. Our rooms were very nice. We really didn't know there was construction going on once we were in our room! We aren't sure when they plan to be done with this. The ice machine wasn't working on our floor, so got it from another floor, hopefully that will be fixed. Would stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am sorry you were unaware of the renovations ahead of time. We truly appreciate your understanding and kind comments regarding the hotel and the positive changes happening right now.

Please come back and stay with us again and see our beautiful new hotel!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had reservation here with a co worker and needed to be in late and out early. We arrived to the mentioned renovation which looked terrible. In addition to the renovation our booking wasn't held and we ended taking a room with one bed. Not a pleasant experience. There are many other hotels in the area. I would recommend going to one of them.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Stacey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay with us. I appreciate the kindness in knowing you did stay with us despite the renovations. We are truly concerned with our guests safety and comfort and are trying to make the renovations go as smoothly as possible. We are in a stage of renovations that well, yes, looks like a bomb went off. We are just a little over a month away from a beautiful new full service hotel but we must rebuild our lobby and front of the hotel to get there.

Please give us some thought if you return to the area to see how the renovations turn out. I would love for you to see the progess when you return.

Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Room was clean, and rate was good. Wireless internet worked fine. Property is undergoing extensive renovation (February 2013), but work is 8 am - 5 pm weekdays, so impact on me was nil. Good signage inside during construction. Parking (at a lot adjacent to hotel) is free during renovation. "VIP" room had refrigerator, which made a bit of noise, but didn't bother me at all. As in old Red Roof Inns, the bottom of the shower/tub is somewhat higher than elevation as the bathroom floor, so be careful when stepping out.

Room Tip: "VIP" room has refrigerator and microwave