“Tired place, but good sleep” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn BWI Airport

You added Holiday Inn BWI Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn BWI Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
West Chester
“Tired place, but good sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The most important thing is I had a good sleep and a strong hot shower. The room was a good size with plenty of lighting and plenty of electrical outlets. Price was OK compared to other hotels in the area.

My laptop could not connect to the wireless, but my iPhone & iPad did. Had to use my MIFI to get work done on my laptop. Fluorescent light over the sink never really did turn on, and the ballast made noise as it kept trying. The GFI on the hair blower was tripped, which I always suspect is a trick by hotel management to keep you from using electricity on the high-powered blowers.

They did put my bill under the door in the morning, which is something most Comforts don't do so I liked that.

Room Tip: High floor helps a little, but the planes fly over all sides. Did not hamper my sleep thanks to the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stacey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
I would like to extend my apologies that you did experience some issues during your stay. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.Your feedback is very important to our Team so that we may always offer a welcome and comfortable place for our guests to stay. I am pleased to see that you did have a comfortable stay in our hotel and we hope you will stay with us again soon!

Stacey Schuhardt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Within minutes of calling the hotel, a courtesy van arrived to take us from the airport. Driver was very helpful recommending places for dinner and offered to drive us to any place too far to walk. Room was very clean and comfortable. Outstanding desk personnel were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our staff. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and that our team was able to make your visit more enjoyable! We hope to see you again soon!

Bowie, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I tried to stay at this hotel. After checking in, we noticed ants crawling up the walls, and on the bed. We checked out immediately. I left expensive cologne in the room and called the same evening to follow up with management, who said that they would hold onto the cologne. After stopping by the location on multiple occasions, I was given a host of false promises (housekeeping reorganized, will place in the mail, etc..). Finally, upon reaching an alledged manager, I was informed that I would get a personal follow up which never occured. An employee noted that they've known about the ant situation. Why continue to rent the room? Stay away from this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Stacey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Maurice,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I am truly sorry your visit to our property was less than pleasant. I have recently taken over as general manager of this property last week and I assure you that I will look into each detail of your review. I certainly am always available for our guests.

Thank you again for your time.

Oklahoma!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is a good, clean hotel with a friendly staff. You can't beat the location if you are going in or out of BWI airport in Baltimore. They have a shuttle that arrives quickly and has a friendly driver. The carpets will soon need to be replaced, but my biggest issue with Comfort Inns and Comfort Suites are the pillows. It seems that all of them have small pillows that aren't very comfortable. Upgrade the pillows and this would be a great stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your recent post regarding your stay with us. You are correct, the carpet does indeed need to be replaced...the great news is we begin full renovations next Monday!! The sleeper sofas will also be replaced. Please believe me when I say we read these posts and we take them to heart and listen to what our guests are telling us. You do help us make a difference and your comments are important to us!

I am so happy ot hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly. We hope to see you again if you are in the area at our newly remodeled hotel.

King George, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed there for two nights while going to baseball games. Very nice hotel with a nice group of staff members. Clean rooms (noticed them even cleaning around the frames of the pictures on the walls), with lots of space. Had fresh, hot popcorn every afternoon and hot cookies a couple times. Location very near BWI Airport and handy to Orioles Park.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My son and I stayed here for only a few hours before flying out of BWI the next morning. I could not wait to get up the following morning to leave. The room as dark and carpet dirty and bed spreads looked extremely worn. I was not expecting a lot from this place and that's just what I got. I'm sure there are several other hotels out there for less that provide more. I should have known, this is my second subpar experience with this brand.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I read the Trip Advisor reviews, and although I was a little hesitant to stay at the Comfort Suites, I thought what is one night to be close to the airport for an early flight. Well, I will never think that again. One night can be very long if you stay here. When I walked into the hotel, there was a bad smell. That was the beginning of a nightmare. The room didn't feel clean at all. It smelled bad. The carpet was old and dirty. The last few Comfort Hotels I have stayed at or attempted to stay at did not turn out well at all. I believe this will be my last attempt. The only, and I mean only, bright spot was that they had a popcorn machine in the lobby. I grabbed some freshly popped on my way to the room.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn BWI Airport? Share your experiences!