“bargain value near Baltimore Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Aero Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Brisbane, Australia
“bargain value near Baltimore Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

this motel offers excellent value budget rooms which are fully equiped.

Shaun the manager was friendly, efficient, and helpful.

There are other hotels very nearby with restaurants etc.

Aside from laundry and ample parking there are no services. But you couldn't ask for more at the price.

• Stayed November 2012
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr., responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that Shane gave you Great Customer Service. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here for one night with my wife read good reviews in trip-advisor. It is close to airport and close enough to to downtown Baltimore. Here are some facts about safety:
- Doubt about safety: We arrived early in the morning; there was no room, but we completed the paperwork. When we came back in the evening front-desk gave us our room keys. We head to room and there were other people in the room (luckily we just saw their item, not them personally).
- Rooms were not clean: There was hair on the toilet seat, kitchen counter etc. I am not sure if they're sterilizing bath and toilet with the correct way.
- Sleep quality was not good because of the bed quality.
- It is a pet-free hotel; personally I don't like pet free hotels if they don't separate pet free rooms and regular rooms.
- Room heater was working fine. There is a kitchenette and some kitchen items (we never used)
- There are a lot of free parking space.
- The price is affordable.
- There are some complementary items in the morning if you want to have.

If you'd like to try another hotel in this area, go to Hyatt; they had no availability for us but my sister was staying there so I saw the rooms. Rooms were clean, service was good, breakfast and safety was way better in Hyatt.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr., responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your room was not clean. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing with the housekeepers to inspect there rooms before leaving them . I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bba@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Reisterstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Sonya was just Great-Thank you for your professionalism and making us very comfortable. Price is fair and the location is cozy. Looking forward for my husband and I to plan another nights stay.
A+ rating!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr., responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that Sonya gave you great customer service. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

They Checked Me In Quickly The Rate Was Cheaper Than The Other Extended Stay I Was At. The Room And Overall Look Of The Hotel Was Clean And Friendly..Upgraded Rooms Are A Plus. Flat Screen TVs And Hardwood Floors In The Kitchen And Bathroom Area

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you found the renovation A plus. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

A+ very good for the price and convenient location. Again, very helpful and friendly staff and good coffee. Thank you to Shane, the manager, for his assistance. Will be traveling a lot to this area and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr., responded to this review, September 14, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Shane the Hotel Manager. As a group, we are committed to providing friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings. It is so rewarding to know that we were able to do just that for you!

Knowing that you will be traveling back to area again, we would love to have you stay with us again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand location.
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed here for Junior Olympics in July 2012 for a week. I have family in Baltimore, but we will never stay here again!

Location: It's close to the airport and near Glen Burnie, but Baltimore City is a about a 20 minute drive over a toll bridge that costs $3 each way. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere, but there is a gas station, Wendy's, and movie theater within walking distance.

Service: The hotel was packed with large athlete groups when we got there, but they were able to get through them fairly quickly. I don't know if this attributed to the sour attitudes of the front desk staff, but they were not friendly when it was our turn. They also weren't friendly a week later when we checked out without the crowd. The only nice person was the day manager. He smiled and asked us if everything was OK. The other staff only seemed interested in being friendly to their coworkers.

The Hotel: It's not fancy, and there is one slow-motion elevator. The stairs are faster, even if you're on the 3rd floor. We were on the 3rd floor, adjacent to the electrical room at the end of the hall. I thought this was luck, that we would only have neighbors on one side. WE WERE SO WRONG. The entire floor smelled of cigarette smoke covered up with hotel freshener. It smelled like smokey flowers. And our room was even worse. The smoke smell was even stronger in our room. The smoke smell was in the bed sheets, the cloth curtain to the closet, and in the shower curtain. The smoke got into our suitcases, our clothes, our hair. It smelled as if someone was smoking in our room when we were gone.
I don't know if someone was smoking in the electrical room, but the smoke was definitely coming in from the vents in the bathroom. We spotted disgarded cigarette butts in the back stairwell, and one night when we returned, it was evident that someone had been smoking minutes before in the stairwell. We couldn't even open the windows because there was no screens on them, and there were insects hanging on the windows. The 2nd floor rooms of fellow athletes & families didn't smell smokey, but they did have that strong, hotel freshner smell to it.
As a life long non-smoker with allergies, it drove me nuts. We stayed with family the following week, and they mentioned how we and all of our belongings smelled like 10-year old smoke. I had to wash all of our clothes, Febreeze and air out all of our luggage, backpacks, purses, and wiped down anything with Bounce sheets that was in that room. It was awful.

We couldn't wait to leave the hotel, and spent as little time there as possible. Any benefits the hotel had were nullified by the disgusting smell and lack of hospitality by the staff. Will definitely recommend to friends that I DON'T recommend ever staying here or at any Extended Stay place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr., responded to this review, August 21, 2012

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again to show you our redoubled efforts, or at any of our other brand locations.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

My flight (and dozens if others) got canceled, so I started looking for hotels on my phone. Within the span of 3 minutes, the Sheraton, Wingate & Marriot were sold out.

So, on to tier 2. My choice was between Motel 6, 2 *really* sketchy no-names, and this Extended Stay BWI. Price was reasonable, but not super cheap -- around $80 on Orbitz.

Booked it, got the confirmation and then discovered that, unlike a half a dozen hotels all within 5 blocks of each other, this one didn't have a free shuttle.

It was late & I didn't want to play ping pong roulette w/ the group Shuttles, so I pony up the $11 for a 5 minute taxi.

Front desk lady was nice, but looked exhausted. There are a *lot* of sketchy people inside & outside the property, and lots just millng around the tiny front desk area. I got the crazy-eye look from the shirtless guy in the one & only vending machine/laundry room. Lovely.

Vending machined all refused bills & flashed "coins only". Normally, not a big deal, but everything was $1.75.

Get to my "non-smoking" room after suffering through the cloudy haze of cigarette smoke in the hall to find - you guessed it - a smoking room. No options, so here we are. Lovely mascara-stained towels/wash cloths & I don't even want to think about what's lurking on the funky sheets.

Every wall surface is dingy & I go through a half bottle of alcohol gel.

3 stars? Are you kidding me people?

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr., responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Been to Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr.

Address: 1500 Aero Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Location: United States > Maryland > Linthicum Heights
#6 Business Hotel in Linthicum Heights
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Extended Stay, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Linthicum
Extended Stay Linthicum
Linthicum Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.