“Stranded @ BWI? Look elsewhere.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Aero Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
“Stranded @ BWI? Look elsewhere.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

My flight (and dozens if others) got canceled, so I started looking for hotels on my phone. Within the span of 3 minutes, the Sheraton, Wingate & Marriot were sold out.

So, on to tier 2. My choice was between Motel 6, 2 *really* sketchy no-names, and this Extended Stay BWI. Price was reasonable, but not super cheap -- around $80 on Orbitz.

Booked it, got the confirmation and then discovered that, unlike a half a dozen hotels all within 5 blocks of each other, this one didn't have a free shuttle.

It was late & I didn't want to play ping pong roulette w/ the group Shuttles, so I pony up the $11 for a 5 minute taxi.

Front desk lady was nice, but looked exhausted. There are a *lot* of sketchy people inside & outside the property, and lots just millng around the tiny front desk area. I got the crazy-eye look from the shirtless guy in the one & only vending machine/laundry room. Lovely.

Vending machined all refused bills & flashed "coins only". Normally, not a big deal, but everything was $1.75.

Get to my "non-smoking" room after suffering through the cloudy haze of cigarette smoke in the hall to find - you guessed it - a smoking room. No options, so here we are. Lovely mascara-stained towels/wash cloths & I don't even want to think about what's lurking on the funky sheets.

Every wall surface is dingy & I go through a half bottle of alcohol gel.

3 stars? Are you kidding me people?

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr., responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

In fact, I was impressed by the modern room ameneties and cleanliness but unfortunately my room has a faulty heater, so I walk into an ice cold room and can't get the heat to kick on...and it should. iThe hotel is full so I can't switch rooms and its too cold to fall asleep because it is freezing but that's just my luck of the draw...but outside of that it is quiet and clean, a good option for travelers with families or on a budget.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Baltimore - BWI Airport. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

In response to your comments about the air conditioning unit, we have inspected all in-room air conditioners and made any necessary repairs to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future. I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Been to Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr.

Address: 1500 Aero Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Location: United States > Maryland > Linthicum Heights
#6 Business Hotel in Linthicum Heights
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Extended Stay, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Linthicum
Extended Stay Linthicum
Linthicum Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.