“Surprisingly good; the other reviews were spot on!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport

You added Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   827 Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Houston, Texas
“Surprisingly good; the other reviews were spot on!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I needed to fly out of BWI early in the morning and couldn't get to the airport in time via Metro, so I stayed here. The outside looks like your typical exterior-door motel, but the rooms have been completely renovated and are awesome. I don't know why every hotel doesn't have laminate floors. Holy cow ... it just felt so much more clean and contemporary than a regular who-knows-how-clean carpeted room. In addition to the stylish laminate, the furniture is new and features modern, clean lines. The chairs are comfortable (office task chair in the King room, plus an armchair) and bedding was fine, although not up to the quality of a Holiday Inn Express or even a nicer La Quinta. (It was similar to the lower-quality La Quinta bedding. Which is still fine.) The bathrooms were clean and bright, with a vessel sink big enough to bathe a couple of puppies in. The hotel is completely non-smoking, which is awesome except for the front desk area, because the morning guy stands outside the open front door and smokes, so the whole lobby stinks. But in the evening for check-in, I didn't notice -- just during check-out. The shuttle was convenient and came when requested at Door 15 (center island) of the airport. Tips: Try the Italian place across the parking lots for dinner. So good; I wish I got the name of the place. Second floor rooms will probably make you feel a little more secure, due to the exterior opening doors. Overall, a very good experience. I would return under the same circumstances.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoy our newly renovated rooms. I am sorry to hear about our team member smoking outside of the lobby. I will be sure to address this with the entire team to ensure that smoke breaks are taken in the designated areas going forward, not in front of the lobby.

As you mentioned, we have a great Italian restaurant across the parking lot from the hotel called Italia's Corner, which is open for lunch and dinner. We also have many other restaurants in the immediate area which are walkable or accessible by our compimentary shuttle.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

i0149@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I don't usually review places I stay at, and I'm going out of my way here just to review Red Roof Inn at BWI airport. I was in DC/Baltimore area for a few days, and I had to catch an AM flight out of BWI, so I looked online for something cheap and convenient close to the airport. Red Roof Inn looked very nice in the photos, and I was pleasantly surprised by the frequent free shuttle service to/from the airport and/or the light rail station. The hotel can also be directly reached by bus in about 25 minutes from Downtown Baltimore (Pratt street) which was very convenient.

Check-in was smooth, the front desk immediately found my reservation through United Airlines website and I got a very nice room with 2 queen beds (even though I was traveling solo) on the second floor. Streaky clean room/bathroom (Thanks, Irma!) lots of towels, very decent free wifi and cable plasma TV. Overall the room looked very modern and updated and I had a very good night's sleep.

Next morning, I immediately got my free shuttle service to BWI - directly at the gate - as soon as checked out. If I ever find myself back in Baltimore and need to fly out of BWI, Red Roof Inn will be my go-to place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am glad to find that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our shuttle service is second to none. Our friendly drivers will take you to the airport, light rail, Amtrak/MARC as well as area restaurants. I am also happy that you found your room and bathroom to be "streaky clean." I will be sure to recognize Irma for her hard work preparing your room. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof and look forward to your next stay with us!

Bluewater, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Teauona, the front desk clerk, was the most cheerful person! I stayed here back in 2010 and it was ok - reasonable price, good location, easy transport to BWI & back. But NOW, it is modern, stylish, wood floors, great decor and a very responsive staff. They are celebrating their 40 & fabulous anniversary and indeed - it's a GREAT place!!!!

Room Tip: Use Expedia for the best deal (-;
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel! I am always happy to hear the positive feedback as it serves as encouragement for the staff to keep up their good work.
We are so proud of our newly renovated hotel, with Red Roof's NextGen design elements including wood floors, flat screen TV's, modern furniture and bedding and vessel sinks.
I am also happy to hear that you appreciated Teaurrra's service. She is a great asset to our hotel and I will be sure to recognize her for the positive feedback. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you next time you pass through the BWI area!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our great experience started even before we arrived. I had left my overnight bag on the Metro bus that took us to the aport to connect with the free Red Roof Inn shuttle. The RR shuttle driver, without telling us, drove to where she thought the metro bus would be waiting for other riders. I got my bag! She did not have to do that. Thank you REXANNE for caring enough to go out of your way! Also, the rooms are clean and modernized. Beds are comfy. Great stay all the way around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Red Roof. When I hear stories like yours, it warms my heart to know that our team members constantly go above and beyond for our guests. I will be sure to recognize Roxanne for her great work ethic.

I am also happy to hear that you find our brand new rooms comfortable and to your liking. We have just completed our multi-million dollar renovation and we could not be prouder of the results!

We appreciate you sharing your story and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Baltimore.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I wanted to take a moment to thank the Staff at the BWI Red Roof Inn. There are some wonderful and helpful people there. William is great, the shuttle drivers are fantastic - and the rest of the Staff is good too - but Jewel is incredible. Due to work requirements I stayed in the Linthicum area many times - and I could have picked a plethora of hotels to stay at - but I can honestly say that I settled on the BWI Red Roof Inn because of Jewel. Jewel always remembered my name, always leaned forward on taking my reservations, always had my room ready, always made sure that my points were tracked and updated, always ensured that I had the best deal possible - and Jewel greeted me professionally, with a bright smile and a warm welcome, every single time. I looked forward to my stays at the BWI Red Roof Inn - because I knew that I would always be treated well and looked after by Jewel - and the rest of the Staff keyed off of her positive and helpful attitude - which made my stays enjoyable even when Jewel was not on duty. I hope that the Red Roof Inn takes good care of Jewel and the Staff at the BWI location - because they deserve it. I am the first to lodge a complaint when I believe that I am not being treated right - but I consider myself fair and also want to give accolades when they are deserved. Jewel and the Staff deserve these accolades. Good value - coupled with a warm and welcoming Staff - I highly recommend a stay at the BWI Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: No worries - the Staff will take care of you!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our staff. We are very fortunate to have a team who works hard every day to make our guests happy. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team right away to encourage them to keep up their good work!

Lake Lure, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We checked in Saturday evening, scheduled a wake up call early and caught the shuttle to the airport. Everything went smoothly. When we returned to the airport a week later we got our bags and called for the shuttle. It took less than 10 minutes for them to arrive and take us back to the hotel where we had left our car. The shuttle drivers both times were very friendly. It was a very nice experience. This was the 3rd time we have done the ParkStayFly and will do it again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your response. Many guests, like yourself, find value in our Park & Fly package. Including the room night, shuttle to the airport and parking for the duration of your stay, guests don't have to feel rushed in the morning to get to their flight. We also take pride in the courtesy and efficiency of our shuttle drivers. We appreciate your choosing Red Roof and look forward to seeing you next time you fly out of BWI!

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed in this inn for a month. It is located near the BMI airport and the motel provides free shuttle transportation to and from the airport. It is a decent motel with clean bed. Room services were done promptly. However, a strong musky smell was noticed whenever I entered the room. The complimentary wi-fi signal was spotty, and I assume that it depends on where your room is located at. Safety can be an issue. I had my car parked outside one night and the rear bumper got hit pretty hard. Of course, the motel would not take any responsibility. Overall, it is a decent but yet inexpensive motel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you found value in our hotel. As you mentioned, we provide a free shuttle that takes you to and from the BWI Airport, Light Rail, MARC/Amtrak station and area restaurants. I am also to hear that you enjoyed our new bedding package and found our housekeeping staff to be efficient.

I apologize if you found the room to be musky. I will be sure to follow up with housekeeping to ensure they are using the correct products in the rooms to prevent this from happening. I also am sorry to hear that you had an issue with your vehicle while on our property. Please let me assure you that this was an isolated incident and that we are located in a safe area and the property is safe.

We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Baltimore.

i0149@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport? Share your experiences!