I needed to fly out of BWI early in the morning and couldn't get to the airport in time via Metro, so I stayed here. The outside looks like your typical exterior-door motel, but the rooms have been completely renovated and are awesome. I don't know why every hotel doesn't have laminate floors. Holy cow ... it just felt so much more clean and contemporary than a regular who-knows-how-clean carpeted room. In addition to the stylish laminate, the furniture is new and features modern, clean lines. The chairs are comfortable (office task chair in the King room, plus an armchair) and bedding was fine, although not up to the quality of a Holiday Inn Express or even a nicer La Quinta. (It was similar to the lower-quality La Quinta bedding. Which is still fine.) The bathrooms were clean and bright, with a vessel sink big enough to bathe a couple of puppies in. The hotel is completely non-smoking, which is awesome except for the front desk area, because the morning guy stands outside the open front door and smokes, so the whole lobby stinks. But in the evening for check-in, I didn't notice -- just during check-out. The shuttle was convenient and came when requested at Door 15 (center island) of the airport. Tips: Try the Italian place across the parking lots for dinner. So good; I wish I got the name of the place. Second floor rooms will probably make you feel a little more secure, due to the exterior opening doors. Overall, a very good experience. I would return under the same circumstances.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Newly Renovated Red Roof PLUS+ BWI Airport, located off of the Baltimore Washington Parkway (I-295). We're in the quiet BWI Gateway Community, just 1.5 Miles from the Baltimore Washington International Airport. Enjoy the comfort of our brand new shuttle on your complimentary ride from the Airport, Amtrak or Light Rail( Mon-Fri 4am-1am and Sat-Sun 5am-12am). You can sleep longer, knowing it's only a short 5 minute ride from the hotel to the airport. Take the light rail to Baltimore's Inner Harbor to see an Orioles game at Camden Yards, or visit M&T Bank Stadium for a Ravens game. Be sure to visit the National Aquarium, the Baltimore Museum of Art and the Walters Art Museum. We are also within 20-40 minutes from the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, and Washington DC. If you are here on corporate or government business, it's easy to get to the Baltimore Convention Center or major government and corporate offices such as the National Security Agency and Northrop Grumman. You can also enjoy the free wireless Internet access throughout the hotel. We are convenient to area hospitals such as University of Maryland-Baltimore and Johns Hopkins. You are always welcome at the Red Roof PLUS+ BWI Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Red Roof Inn, HostelBookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Red Roof Inn Linthicum Heights
- Linthicum Heights Red Roof Inn