“Inexpensive but quite comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   827 Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Ranked #9 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Inexpensive but quite comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed in this inn for a month. It is located near the BMI airport and the motel provides free shuttle transportation to and from the airport. It is a decent motel with clean bed. Room services were done promptly. However, a strong musky smell was noticed whenever I entered the room. The complimentary wi-fi signal was spotty, and I assume that it depends on where your room is located at. Safety can be an issue. I had my car parked outside one night and the rear bumper got hit pretty hard. Of course, the motel would not take any responsibility. Overall, it is a decent but yet inexpensive motel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you found value in our hotel. As you mentioned, we provide a free shuttle that takes you to and from the BWI Airport, Light Rail, MARC/Amtrak station and area restaurants. I am also to hear that you enjoyed our new bedding package and found our housekeeping staff to be efficient.

I apologize if you found the room to be musky. I will be sure to follow up with housekeeping to ensure they are using the correct products in the rooms to prevent this from happening. I also am sorry to hear that you had an issue with your vehicle while on our property. Please let me assure you that this was an isolated incident and that we are located in a safe area and the property is safe.

We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Baltimore.

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
chico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Don't be discouraged by exterior. Rooms have been beautifully remodeled. They are very clean inside, fresh smelling, updated with modern decor. Comfy bed and free internet, which is a must these days in a hotel as far as I'm concerned. Robert at front desk was a gem; so helpful and courteous. Even though room had exterior access, I was on third floor and felt quite safe. Shuttle driver was efficient and courteous as well. Would definitely stay here again. Price was fantastic and access to airport was easy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding our new rooms! I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the updates that we have incorporated into our hotel. Our new Rest Suite beds by Serta are a guest favorite, as we all know that getting a good nights sleep is everybody's first priority. I agree that Robert is an asset to our hotel and I will be sure to share your feedback with him. To add on to your comment regarding safety, we are located in one of the safest neighborhoods in the area due to our proximity to many high security government buildings. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to see you again real soon!

Hyattsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Red Roof Inn was my first choice to rest and relax after my flight in from The Windy City. The entire staff, Teaurra, Alba, Roxanne, and Nathy, are extremely friendly and helpful. They all make you feel right at home. The remodeling there really looks nice. The rooms were very clean and had a homey feel to them. The prices are very reasonable from all the other area hotels. I would highly recommend Red Roof Inn BWI to anyone looking for a place to stay. And yes I will be returning real soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay! I am glad to hear that we were your first choice for a "perfect weekend getaway!" We are in a great location for the weekend leisure traveler. We are situated in the BWI Gateway District with access to the airport as well as public transit to Baltimore via the light rail or DC via MARC train or Amtrak. We are a great lower cost alternative to the higher priced downtown hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time you require lodging.

Red Roof BWI Airport
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was my second stay at this facility, and the remodel is great! The staff was very helpful and friendly, especially Teaurra. The shuttle drivers, Nathy and Roxanne, were both extremely helpful and able to accommodate requests. One more trip to go later this year, and I will be staying at Red Roof BWI.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and hotel. We are very fortunate to have a caring staff who is always aiming to exceed expecations. I will be sure to share your feedback. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoy our brand new NextGen rooms with flat screens and new Serta bedding to name a few of our upgrades. We look forward to seeing you later this year on your next trip!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at red roof for 4 nights. The hotel had just been remodeled so yes everything was very clean. The rooms are typical rooms, nothing fancy but we werent looking for fancy. What made the difference were the people. So nice and willing to help. We flew in so we had no car and used the shuttle service. They all were wonderful but one stood out. Her name as far as i can recall was Nathy.. im sure i butchered it. She was not American and spoke with a heavy accent. But wow! She was so nice! Talkative but not over the top. Took me to a convenience store on the way back to the room so i could get some things that i had run out of. Shared her story about how her mother in her home country has cancer and she was leaving to go see her soon. Yet she was so positive about everything. Its not the shuttle ride or anything like that. Its how she made me feel. I got off that bus feeling better than when i got on. Thats what its all about! Way to go! Ill stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your feedback! It makes me so happy to hear that Nathy made you feel good during your stay. It is always our goal to exceed guest expectations and I am so happy that we did. I will be sure to share with Nathy and the rest of the team your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to see us again real soon.

Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I found the management, Teaurra, the rooms, the cleaniness, the quietness of the room to be exceptional.

The remodelled room made me feel as if I were visiting an upper-class friend or family member who has very high standards for cleaniess and comfort.

I highly recommend the BWI Redroof Inn for those who have high standards for cleanliness, comfort and a quiet room at a price affordable for the budget-minded traveller.

I hope to enjoy your hospitality again in the near future.

Room Tip: The ground floor was very private and also very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm glad that you enjoy our brand new NextGen rooms. When designing our rooms, we aimed at putting a higher end feel for an economy price. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Bryan Lawyer
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The Stay at Red Roof Inn was pleasant for my duration. I stayed three nights on a layover. I found that the rooms were clean and properly heated and stocked with all the necessaries. I found the service members pleasant and very helpful, especially Ms. Teaurra, the clerk and Mrs. Naty, the Shuttle Driver. Thanks for a great stay and courtesy. PFC William Hilton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Mr. Hilton,

Thank you for your service to our country. We appreciate all that you do. I am glad that you found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. Teaurra and Nathy are great assets to our team and I will be sure to give them recognition for the positive feedback.

I am also happy to hear that you found your newly renovated room clean and stocked with all the needed essentials. All of our rooms come with free wifi, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, and in-room coffee.

Thank you so much for choosing Red Roof. We look forward to extending you the same courtesy on your next trip to Baltimore.

Bryan Lawyer
410-850-7600

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport? Share your experiences!