“So Close To BWI!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   827 Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Atlanta, Georgia
“So Close To BWI!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had a rate of 69.00 here from Expedia & I was very pleased with my stay compared to the prices of other BWI airport hotels. Airport shuttle departs hotel about every 20 minutes. First of all let me say this has exterior entrances so if you are concerned about that, you might want to look for somewhere with interior corridor entrance to the rooms. I was on the first floor which has been completely renovated. From what I understand, the 3rd floor is currently closed as it is under renovation now. I am not sure if any of the 2nd floor has been renovated yet. The lobby renovation is complete. Next door is a Quizno's subs and Chili's Restaurant is maybe a 5-10 minute walk through a parking lot, up some stairs at hotel next door & across the street with more stairs to enter Chilis. The shuttle driver heard me ask about restaurants at front desk & was nice enough to take me to the Chili's when it was 20 degrees outside. My room had laminate floors, flat screen tv & modern amenities. The only thing I was unable to figure out was the heat. There was a thermostat on the wall but also a unit under the window. The unit only had a fan & cool mode. I tried turning the thermostat up but never felt any heat. Upon further inspection I didn't locate any vents for heat to come out of in the ceiling, walls or floors. It was a bit chilly in the room but after my shower the room heated up & I was fine for a few hours of sleep before heading back to airport. Front desk staff was very helpful & nice. I noticed there was coffee & hot water available in the lobby. You can print boarding passes & check flights for free in lobby. There may be a charge to print & use internet because there was a place to swipe credit cards on the computer. Wi-fi was available in my room as well. I must say this is probably the nicest room of any Red Roof I have ever stayed in. I would stay here again for sure & if it's cold, I will be sure to check on the heat before making a reservation!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for telling us about your stay! I'm so happy to hear that this was the nicest Red Roof that you have stayed at. We work very hard to make our guests happy. I am sorry about the confusion with the heat. The A/C and heat have separate controls with the heat being on the wall closest to the bathroom. I'm glad to hear that once you figured it out, the room warmed up. Based on guest feedback, we are looking at ways to better identify the separate controls to alleviate any confusion. We are so happy you chose to stay with us and look forward to your next stay!

Red Roof Inn BWI Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Costa Mesa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed 1 night after a long flight from the west coast. It was late and I just wanted to rest. Simeon and Teaurra were the front desk people and they were professional and very polite. The shuttle driver Allen was very nice and knowledgeable. The property was clean and well kept up. I will stay again if I need a place to stay a night or 2.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate you comments and you choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us when you are again in the area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were at the red roof during their renovation and everything was perfect!!!! Jewel and Tiara and Robert were always sooo kind and always had a smile for us and made us feel sooo welcome they were always sooo helpful and showed us that they really care about thier customers!!!!! The housekeepers are sooo efficient and the shuttle driver Earl is excellent always sooo friendly!!!!! The managers at the red roof BWI are the kindest ive ever seen at a hotel!!! Bryan and Sean are very connected to thier customers wants and needs and go out of thier way to make you feel at home!!!! Overall the best hotel ive stayed in and would always be my choice when im in Baltimore!!!! Keep up the great work Red Roof your customers appreciate all you do!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Sorry there is no pool or restaurant I touched the circles by mistake but all the rooms are perfect...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you so much for the great feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you were happy with your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff as encouragement to keep up their good work. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Do I need to say more than the elevators smelled like fresh urine? Yes, fresh! I spent two nights and this issue was persistent. I decided to take the stairs after that. On the other hand, you get what you pay for. Cheap and close to the airport was what I wanted and that was what I got.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that the elevator smell was not up to standards. Unfortunately, a guest let their pet relieve themselves in the elevator. As soon as the issue was brought to our attention, we took action to clean the floors and we have plans to completely renovate the elevator in the next few weeks. I apologize that you experienced this and hope that you understand that this is not a normal occurrence. We hope that you will give us a better chance to serve you in the near future.

Bethlehem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

As soon as I walked into the lobby, I was greeted in the most kindly way, my reservation was waiting for me, it took me less than 7 minutes to check in get to my room and get on with my evening. The only negative thing would be the flight pattern of BWI, not being from Baltimore I had no clue that it was such a busy airport.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Baltimore!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Front desk lady, her name is Tierra (something with a T) was very friendly...I had to check in early and she was very accommodating with early check in...

I had the pleasure of staying in one of the renovated which is well worth it...the color combination creates a peaceful ambience

though the walls seemed thin...that and the guy next door had a dog that barked and whimpered intermittently...the guy was hard of hearing cuz he always had his tv blasting... I didn't like how the hotel has exterior doors, the area was safe but interior provide more safety...also I didn't like how my room had an adjoining door that connected to my noisy next door neighbor but overall...none-the-less it didn't bother me too much...what really worked my nerves was the lack of heat...my room had a faux heater gauge...so at times it could be cold as hell ...luckily I had extra blanket...

But the cost of $41 bucks per night really surpasses the inconveniences... I used the laundry facility which was very convenient...free coffee and free business center in the lobby

No free breakfast but McDonald's is within walking distance...Starbucks within driving distance...and KFC and Taco Bell about 5 miles away...

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay! I'm glad to hear that you found value in our renovated room. I apologize for the issues that you experienced with the heater. I will be sure to have the heat control re-calibrated before the room is rented again. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Linthicum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at red roof inn.Team member Jennelle did a wonderful job greeting me in placing me in one of the new remodel rooms.My wake up call was on time in she made sure I was confortable in well taking care of

Room Tip: Very clean rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying in one of our recently renovated rooms! I’m happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how well Jennelle took care of you. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Red Roof Inn BWI Airport

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport? Share your experiences!