“I would stay here again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   827 Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Ranked #11 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Syracuse, New York
“I would stay here again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I choose the Red Roof Inn when I come to Baltimore for a trade convention but haven't been here in many years. Last stay was at the Timonium location. I don't recall why I chose the BWI location this time (but I'm glad I did!), it may have been room availability at the time of making my reservation. I was happy with my stay on nearly every level - the price was very reasonable, the room clean and "roomy", the staff helpful, courteous and efficient (my check in took less than 2 minutes and after driving for 6 hours that was very much appreciated), WiFi in room, coffee in room... complimentary shuttle service... the only very minor thing which is why I rated "very good" instead of "excellent" is that the mattress was lumpy, and I could feel/hear the springs when I moved. Not a deal breaker, as everything else was so pleasant. I needed the shuttle to go to the train station to take the train that goes to the convention center... I have to say there is nothing more convenient and affordable than that! To think I used to drive to the convention center, than spend time looking for parking, and usually paid a LOT for the privilege. Never again. I would definitely stay at the BWI Red Roof again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Hi Laura! We appreciate your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the staff took good care of you. I am also happy to let you know that in the next few months, we will be renovating our entire property from head to toe, including Love-your-Linens™ plush bedding for your comfort. We look forward to seeing you back on your next trip to Baltimore!

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

For most of the necessities in life, there are adequate products that do everything you need at a very low cost. Many levels of higher priced products are available, but they won't provide a better solution. It is only through marketing that consumers are convinced that the higher priced product is better and will somehow make them happier. This is a really great hotel that made me very happy because (over a 3 day stay) it did everything I needed when staying in the BWI area at a fair price. Heck, it is a true bargain. Friendly shuttle drivers pick you up at the airport -- just specify which door to meet you, upper or lower level. There is a clean and tidy office with friendly accommodating staff. Elevators are available to the upper floors. The rooms are clean and large. OK, the art on the walls is nothing to write home about, the sheets aren't starched, the bedspreads are boring, and the carpet is a bit worn (but clean).The beds are adequate and the bathrooms are plenty big enough and equipped with soap and shampoo. The shower works well, with plenty of hot water. The free wireless internet is fast most of the time except in the evenings when the hotel is busy. There are electrical outlets but if you want to work with your laptop on the bed, it will be easiest if you bring your own extension cord (I always do). There is no restaurant in the hotel, but there is a Quiznos next door and you can walk to a McDonalds (open 24 hours -- they will take walking customers at the drive-through if the sit-down restaurant is closed). However, I'd stay away from the McDonalds and walk up the hill to the Chili's restaurant where you can get the Quesadilla Explosion Salad, with dressing on the side. A healthy option (if you don't eat too many of the Quesadillas and avoid the dressing) which will titillate your taste buds due to the terrific combination of spices and the taco strips. You don't need a lot of money to survive comfortably today. You just need to select basic products like this hotel and avoid the marketing messages that up-sell to more expensive products that don't satisfy needs any better. By the way, a team of painters was working on the hotel, so I expect that it will be even nicer when you arrive.

Room Tip: All hotels in the BWI area are near the flight path of the airport and of course there is a constant...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. It has been and will continue to be our goal to provide a clean, comfortable room and great customer service to be the best value in the BWI area. I am happy to say that in the next few months, we will be renovating our entire hotel to Red Roof's NextGen rooms with all new furnishings, wood floors, flat screen TV's and vessel sinks to ensure that our guest comfort is upheld for many years to come. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us!

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn at BWI before flying out on an early morning flight. The room was clean and the staff very nice. I left my car there while away, and the fee was much less than what I would have paid at a parking facility. The shuttle drivers were great - the one who picked me up on my return made sure to drop me off next to my car, so I didn't have to haul my bags very far at all!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for choosing Red Roof Inn for your hotel needs! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again next time you fly out of BWI.

Rock Hall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at the Red Roof In in July 2012 for one night before flying out of BWI the next morning. The room was clean and met our needs for one night's stay which was basically a place to sleep and shower. The staff was very professional, friendly and accomodating. We wanted to leave our car there for 10 days and even though we hadn't booked the room directly through the hotel and the online reservation could not be changed, when we got to the motel, the lady at the front desk let us change to the rate that included leaving our car there free for the 10 days. She saved us at least $25.00 by giving us the new rate. The gentleman who took us to the airport the next morning was very nice and friendly and gave us great instructions for picking us up at the airport upon our return. We would definitely stay at the Red Roof Inn again if we have a flight at BWI.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay. I am thrilled to hear that you were taken care of and that the front desk was able to accommodate your park and fly needs! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again next time you fly out of BWI!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the red roof in Baltimore Washington location in August 2012. Everyone there was sooo kind and helpful!!!! Brian the manager and Shawn the assistant manager went out of their way to make us feel welcome!!! Jewel and TR and Simieon and Will and Robert at the front desk were sooo helpful whether giving us change for laundry or recommending places to eat they always have a smile for us!!!! The shuttle drivers earl and ray were sooo sweet and very polite!!! Our room was clean and the housekeepers always did an excellent job!!! I would recommend Red Roof Inn to everyone because they provide only the Best!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you choosing to stay with Red Roof. I will pass your comments on to the staff as encouragement to continue providing a great experience for our guests.

Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here for several nights when the power was out all over Baltimore. The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating, despite being inundated with requests and packed to the gills with guests! The rooms were very clean and it had everything that we needed for those few days. Plus they were willing to work with us with a moving truck and a crowded parking lot.

I would definitely recommend it. It's not high in luxury, but it's a great basic hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay during the horrible power outage we experienced across the region. We were fortunate to have power and be able to accommodate many people during this difficult time. I am proud of how the staff rose to the occassion to help those who were stranded for days. I will be sure to share your comments as encouragement to continue their hard work. While we hope we don't have another catastrophe like this, we hope that you will keep us in mind if you ever need lodging in the area again.

Havre De Grace
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My overnight stay before rising real early there next day to catch a morning flight was a big disappointment. And deaf travellers should dodge this hotel! When my spouse and I got off a train we had no relaying phone with us, so we had the staff at the BWI rail station call for our shuttle. After some time passed, their shuttle did not come so we had the staff call again a couple of times. We had to wait for at least 2 hours in the sweltering heat before shuttle finally came. The long wait costed us one bottle of water since the following day when we went to TSA checkpoint, one of the officers had to dispose the water which we wanted for our trip to very hot destination. Also this Red Roof Inn had no refrigerator to keep the water cold for next day. The driver was ignorant about our auditory handicaps when he communicated to us after picking us up. I chose to book this hotel because of the vacancy during the time I booked. Next time I have an early morning plane to catch, I will choose another hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had difficult with the shuttle service. Our goal is to deliver exceptional customer service to all of our guests and I realize that we had a communication breakdown. I will have discussions with the staff on how to better cater to the needs of our hearing impaired guests to ensure that this situation is not repeated. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our improvement in this area on your next visit to Baltimore.

Red Roof Inn BWI Airport

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport? Share your experiences!