Please stay away from the Microtel BWI! The price seems right, but it is definitely not worth it. My wife, one-year-old son and myself intended on staying at the Microtel for two nights, but we just barely made it through the first.
Our room reeked of mildew and was not very clean. The mildew smell was so overwhelming that it made my wife sick to her stomach. When we tried to switch rooms, we were told there were no other rooms available and that we could check again in the morning. When we checked in the morning, the unsympathetic woman at the desk again told us there were no rooms available. I got the impression that they have heard the same complaint before. After reading other reviews, I realized that others have had the same problem. I usually do my homework when it comes to hotels. In this case I HAD done my homework a year ago and had read decent reviews.
We checked out after staying one night and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Hanover, which was like a palace after staying at the Microtel. We have stayed at a few other hotels in the area and learned that it is worth putting up an extra $20 per night to avoid staying in a dump like the Microtel. I also learned that things can change quickly in the world of hotels and you must always check Tripadvisor before booking.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham BWI Airport Baltimore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites Bwi Airport/Baltimore
- Microtel Inn & Suites Bwi Airport/Baltimore Hotel Linthicum
- Microtel Bwi Airport Baltimore
- Microtel Hotel Linthicum
- Microtel Linthicum Heights
- Linthicum Heights Microtel