“Nice Place To Stay If You're Passing Through...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 30% off on weekends
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Nice Place To Stay If You're Passing Through...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the BWI Airport Marriott, July 14-16, 2014 while attending a work conference. First, I was most impressed with the friendliness of the desk staff and the speed and accuracy of my check-in. Check-in may have taken 3 minutes and all of my reservation information was well in order at that time. I continued to be most impressed with the friendliness of all of the hotel's staff during my stay. I visited the indoor swimming pool to find that there was a lifeguard on duty. This impressed me as well because this was the first hotel I have ever visited where one was present. I was disappointed to find the adjacent hot tub "out of order" for my entire stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable and I can offer no reason for complaint. Check-out was as effortless as check-in and a very nice gentleman was positioned at the front door to say goodbye and to ask if everything was ok with my stay. My only complaint... if even a complaint? Make sure you bring your credit card or lots of cash. Hotels of this type, in general, are designed to be fund extraction devices and they accomplish that task very well. Food and beverage service can be the most expensive... $2.50 for a Coke or $12.00 + service charge + tax for a room service cheeseburger. I took about $20.00, went to a near-by Wal-Mart, and bought groceries for the week. Absent our work conference, I would have stayed at a more moderately priced hotel. But hey, the company took care of this bill!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Ken S,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel while staying for a conference. We are glad both your check-in and check-out were quick and effortless and that you found our staff so friendly and helpful. Glad to know your room accommodations were to your liking and that you relaxed a bit and took advantage of our pool area. Keeping our guests safe is a priority and we appreciate you mentioning our lifeguard on duty. We do hope next time in the area, we can welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed just this past weekend for 2 nights while we were visiting baltimore. The ride to the inner harbor is not bad, Staff was very nice and I also enjoyed the fitness room. Bed was comfortable as well. If we ever decide to travel back to baltimore, we will stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Jeter1fan89,

We are happy to hear you had a very nice stay with us while visiting Baltimore. Our staff strives to make guests feel welcome and well cared for and we are glad they were helpful and that you were happy with your room accommodations. We hope to welcome you back when you visit the Baltimore area again.
Portsmouth, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The premises were clean. The employees were always polite and helpful. The beds were ok. The other room amenities were good. The prices in the on premises restaurants were high. The free wi-fi was good. The internet was fairly fast. The whirlpool was closed which was a small disappointment. The Starbucks was reasonable. They serve Pepsi products ( a downer).

Room Tip: Check prices, sometimes you can get lower than the conference rate.
Green Features: Fine, this is not important to me because I view as an attempt to cut service (for example- clean towels)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear JayB1r,

Thanks so much for sharing your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate you noting that our staff was polite and helpful and that you were happy with your room accommodations. We hope to welcome you back again one day soon!
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed here in March for a work/company event. The grounds were clean. My room was always kept tidy and the service was good. All of our meals were catered using the Marriott and the lunches were always an issue with us having to wait a long time for food to be brought in or replenished. Dinner was much better and actually enjoyable for a hotel catered event.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear SuthnBelle1975,

Thanks so much for sharing your review of our hotel while you were attending meetings in March. We greatly appreciate your noting that your room was to your liking and kept clean and that you found our staff was good. We hope to welcome you back again one day soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Over the past year i have stayed here many time and it has been great. Always make it a point to stay here when i am near BWI and hotel, restaurant, and its staff is great. I would highly recommend. My daughter has the chance to use the pool facility as well and had a great experience.

Stayed July 2014
Dear David C,

Thank you for continuing to choose our hotel when you are in the area. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stays with us and that you and your family have been able to enjoy the pool area when you are here. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Bohemia, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I travel a lot through the year and I was extremely disappointed in the BWI Marriott. This was my first time here with my family. The room was not clean at all and the bathroom was disgusting. We called for extra towels and they never came. The beds were extremely small and uncomfortable. The hotel needs to be remodel. We stayed down the road at the Towne Place Suites by Marriott I loved it a much better choice

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear deetravel25,

Clearly, we did not live up to your expectations regarding Marriott's high standards of hospitality and room accommodations and for that we do apologize. We do try to ensure that the room is clean and that any possible service request is responded to immediately. We fell down in this regard during your stay and we will be discussing this review with our housekeeping department to ensure that this does not happen again. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues that you experienced and we are going to work hard to ensure that they do not occur again.
Ocean View, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Spent one night; hotel shuttle starts around 4 a.m, which suited my purposes (6 am flight). Staff compentent but not over the top. Room/bathroom clean. With the reservation, a crib was requested and again at check in. After one hour in the room and no crib, went down to the front desk and asked again for a crib. Took about another 20 minutes and a pack n play was delivered by a delightful woman.

Elite status afforded access to the concierge lounge for snacks and light fare. Only down side to the hot food in the concierge lounge was the presence of onion in both of the hot dishes. Adult beverage in concierge lounge is less than at the bar in the lobby. (did not get to partake of continental breakfast due to my early flight).

There is a Chesapeake Restaurant in the hotel as well as a Champs bar/restaurant. They share the same kitchen and the menu from the restaurant is available in Champs. (we chose Champs - food service very slow; food quality average/below average - which will appear in a separate review in T.A.).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear map 1231,

We appreciate the review of our hotel and are glad you enjoyed your quick overnight stay with us. Glad to know the shuttle schedule was convenient and helpful for your travel schedule. We do apologize for the wait on your crib and will review with our front desk staff so oversights like this are not made in the future. We hope next time you travel in the area, we can welcome you back.