The BWI Airport Marriott is a garden-variety "captive audience" airport hotel - garden variety as compared to other airport hotels, but in my opinion below the usual average for Marriott properties, which are normally outstanding. I stayed there for one night because airline scheduling required me to take a super-early flight and I would have had to get up way too early if I had stayed in downtown Baltimore.
I will say this - the airport shuttle worked well, both coming from the airport and going back in the morning. My room was certainly serviceable - quiet and comfortable. I didn't really use any of the airport amenities due to lack of time, other than room service. As is often the case with a captive-audience location, the food was mediocre and overpriced.
The hotel imposed a charge of $12.95 for me to use wireless internet in the room, although I am a "silver elite" member of Marriott's frequent traveler program. When I checked out at an ungodly early hour I mentioned my dissatisfaction with this to the clerk on duty. Initially she told me that hotel policy was that only gold and platinum members got internet for free. But a few minutes later, as I was just about to get on the shuttle, she came running out and gave me a new bill with the internet charge deleted.
At that moment this hotel went way up in my estimation. I appreciate that the desk clerk had discretion to make this change and that the hotel had hired someone for this position who used good judgment to keep the business of a regular Marriott customer. I don't know if she was actually acting consistent with hotel policy, but in my opinion she deserves a medal for excellent customer service. I rarely have to stay at an airport hotel but I'd come back to this one just because a great staff can do a lot to iron out the wrinkles of an otherwise mediocre property.
- Also Known As:
- Bwi Airport Marriott Hotel Baltimore
- Bwi Airport Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Bwi Airport
- Marriott Hotel Baltimore
- Marriott Baltimore
- Baltimore Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore distinctive accommodations at Marriott BWI Airport, conveniently located less than a mile from Baltimore-Washington International Airport. Our hotel is in the heart of the BWI business district. Take advantage of our complimentary hotel shuttle to BWI Airport and the Baltimore Light Rail, allowing easy access to downtown Baltimore famed Inner Harbor. Enjoy local attractions, such as Maryland Live Casino, Arundel Mills Mall, National Aquarium, Baltimore sports arena and stadiums, historic Annapolis and Washington, DC. With such a unique location, our hotel is an excellence choice for conferences, weddings and receptions. As one of the area’s best hotels for meetings, we offer 18,800 square feet of flexible space, including 19 event rooms, numerous breakout rooms, and the Grand Ballroom for up to 1,500 guests. We are the ideal lodging destination for business trips, weekend getaways, family vacations or leisure travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your BWI Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.