“Pretty good- could easily be better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

You added The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1110 Old Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
DC area
“Pretty good- could easily be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Overall I enjoyed my consecutive stays over a few weekends. Night desk staff were professional and considerate and made check in quick and gracious. Check out desk staff in the day are also top notch. The rooms are spotless with well maintained furnishings. I enjoyed weekend breakfast (included in my AAA rate) not so much for the food but for the restaurant staff. Buffet brunch on the weekends is so-so, and I hear that on the week days they have an omlette bar and the food variety is much better. I really appreciated that the restaurant staff modified their smoothy recipe, making it with greens and no dairy for me./// thank you Joseph! Lovely their zen mini garden on the path to the back parking lot. A great gym with high ceilings (one of the best Westin gyms in the USA), but it is not cleaned as we'll as I would like. Nice pool and jacuzzi. Love the white tea scent, especially the shower gel. I missed not smelling the white tea fragrance in the lobby or anywhere in the hotel - I thought that was a Westin standard?
Great room layout and lobby design. Love the FREE parking. The hotel wifi works great.
Caution: I unexpectedly received a room with no feathers, and even after asking for a feather pillow at midnight (unfortunately the staff working at that hour didn't understand and sent me another foam pillow) - not the heavenly bed as I know it, and without a great feather pillow I didn't sleep well that night. Some times there is noise from the room next door, or room doors slamming closed all through the night....Also stay clear of elevator and ice machine due to noise, and some rooms have noisy HVAC. I ask for quiet hallways always and when there is plenty of room availability, I ask for less filled floors. They have a simple weekend buffet brunch that ends too early: 11:00. I wish it went later, and with their limited restaurant staff they should have a seat yourself policy (especially during the buffet) as too often people are having to wait too long to be seated while the one staff person is going to the kitchen to get something like a drink needed for a diner.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Carrie, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that we missed the mark on your recent stay. Providing each and every guest with a great experience is something we take very seriously. We absolutely use your feedback to further improve and refine our service levels. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed at this location last weekend for an Army Annual Training Conference with my partner. It's a lovely hotel that is well manicured, but what was really stand-out was the service.

I'd ordered shoes to be delivered to the hotel shortly after my arrival. Of course, every woman knows that shoes make your outfit, and these particular shoes were to wear to the Army Ball which was to take place that weekend.

One can imagine my chagrin, when I went to the front desk and there was no sign of the package! According to my shipping they had been delivered there, but still no sign of them. I was livid. The staff assured me they would work on it.

We continued with our scheduled events and later that night I saw the Front Desk Manager, Patricia, heading out for the evening (it was probably around 11pm). I asked if there had been any word on my shoes, and she told me she'd been working on it all evening. Even though she was off for the evening, she went over to the neighboring Sheraton, where the shoes had been mistakenly delivered, and found them! How often will an employee of a hotel use their off time to solve guest issues? I was completely floored and indebted to her. She was so understanding and compassionate, even given my unpleasant state. She really made my visit with them an unforgettable one. It's that kind of service that makes a hotel really exemplary. She's a gem, and they should give her a promotion. She's not just providing great service, she is the embodiment of it.

I would definitely stay with them again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Westin BWI! Our associates work diligently to provide guests with exceptional service, and we are thrilled that they were able to make such a lasting impression on you. We will certainly pass along your kind words to Patricia! We truly appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I got a last minute room for my Aunt's funeral at a great rate. The hotel is not convenient to stores or other restaurants or bars. The staff was great and the hotel had a very good restaurant and bar.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Robby,
Please accept our deepest condolences…
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Westin BWI! Due to our proximity to the shops and restaurants in the area, we aim to deliver exceptional service to each and every guest, and we just updated our restaurant and bar menu. We hope that you will get a chance to come visit us in the future…
Washougal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We were so impressed with the staff and quality of the hotel for the price. We enjoyed room service that was hot and delicious and delivered promptly. Just as important, the cost was reasonable. We noticed a lot of military checking in, getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan. That speaks of the quality of the rooms and beds...The shuttle drivers were friendly, genuinely happy and shared their respect for the company they work for. This speaks for a great organization that treats staff well and they spread that energy to guests.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thanks Monica for your recent review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and one of our brand differentials, the Heavenly Bed which is available online for purchase. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I usually stay at Hilton hotels but I was attending a conference at the hotel and decided to stay here instead of having to drive back to an offsite hotel each day. Everyone I came in contact with were extremely helpful and friendly - from the front desk to room service to the maintenance man. The room was very quiet and clean. And oh... The bed was so comfortable. I'm going to start staying at Westin hotels whenever I can in the future.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of some of our signature amenities. The Heavenly Bed - transforms your night’s rest and morning rise, leaving you more energized for the day ahead.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Because of winter storm Titan, our flights to the west coast were canceled (twice). We had a lovely stay at the westin where they allowed us to not only check in early but check out late! All the staff were so helpful and professional. Great service in the restaurant and delicious food. Room was large, clean and beds were so comfy. Bathroom very well appointed.

Stayed March 2014
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful time at The Westin BWI in spite of the weather conditions! I couldn’t agree with you more as we take pride of our friendly staff and clean rooms. We would love to have you back on your next planned visit or not, to the BWI area.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed at this property for 1 night. The lobby is beautiful. The staff was very helpful and accomodating. The room was spacious. The best part of the hotel has to be the shower. Each room has an amazing rain shower. AMAZING. The room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. I would definitely recommend and stay again. Located within 5 minutes of the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. From our friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable heavenly bed to the amazing heavenly bath experience. Our goal is to ensure that you feel better when you leave Westin than when you arrived. We look forward on welcoming you back on your next visit to the BWI area.

Been to The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!