“Nice full service hotel at BWI” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

Save Saved
You added The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1110 Old Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Asheville, North Carolina
“Nice full service hotel at BWI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is a good property at the BWMC. Huge gym, though could probably use more equipment. The beds and bathrooms are nice. The wireless / internet is very SLOW. Also they need to upgrade the TVs- you can't even hook a laptop up to them. Concierge lounge is very nice. Good pool, nice lobby and garden area. Overall service is decent. Not too impressed with bar/restaurant. My room had a non-working fridge in it- it looked like a disconnected mini-bar fridge. The HVAC is very loud- which I am ok with but some people may have an issue with.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your thorough review of the restful Westin BWI. I appreciate you pointing out some of the wonderful amenities that make our property special. As well, thanks for the constructive feedback on the areas in which we can improve. At Westin our goal is to provide a memorable experience in hopes that you’ll feel better when you leave than you did when you arrived. We’ll continue to work on our service in Luminous Restaurant and check out the fridge in the room to ensure that it’s working properly. We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will allow us to serve as your host the next time you visit the BWI/Baltimore area.

385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the Westin Hotel during my stay in Maryland. My room was clean and suprisingly large with lots of closet space. The bathroom had a GREAT shower and the bed was, as promised, heavenly. I had cocktails at the bar there and the staff was very friendly and the appetizers were great- I had the old bay wings. I also had breakfast there in the morning and stuck to the buffet for convenience. They had an awesome made to order omelet station, the fruit was fresh, and it was the perfect way to wake up! I would absolutely come back to the Westin- the entire staff and facility made my stay relaxing and enjoyable!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for staying at the rejuvenating Westin BWI and for your kind review. You hit all the highlights, the great rooms, the “Heavenly Shower”, the “Heavenly Bed”, bountiful Super Foods breakfast buffet and accommodating staff. We appreciate you spending time with us during your visit to the Baltimore area and hope that you will stop in to see us again for a relaxing break from your future travels. Thank for your continued support of Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and especially of the Westin BWI.

Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We checked in late on a Friday night and were greeted by very friendly front desk staff. Our room was clean (heavenly beds and showers!!!) and quiet. I'm not sure I've EVER slept as well as I did during my stay! We checked out the restaurant/bar in the lobby both nights we were there. The drinks were reasonably priced and the food was good! French fries with aoli was delish! In the morning we had breakfast and I was SHOCKED to see fresh fruit (out of season!) like raspberries and blueberries! The breakfast buffet was awesome. I would not only recommend this hotel to my friends- I will stay here again and again!

Room Tip: You'll love the heavenly beds- best sleep I've ever had!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Kenna Hester was very nice during a recent stay. She was courteous, professional, and cared for my needs as well as other guests. Everyone was friendly and the rooms were absolutely amazing. The food at the restaurant that morning and that evening were good. Very close to the airport.

Room Tip: Everyone room was clean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Leaving early am for flight we decided to stay on price. We arrived to an upscale look we were not expecting. Check in staff was very friendly and efficient. Bar/Restraunt area looked very upscale and inviting. Rooms were very comfortable and well appointed, again more than we bargained for. The free long term parking near the Hotel sealed the deal. Staff could not have been more helpful. I thought we would have to park three miles away but it's just behind the Hotel. What a great deal! Drinks and Dinner were well above average and better than more expensive Hotels I have stayed at. Staff again was extremely pleasant and efficient. Shuttle bus to the airport was great and on time both ways. On return my mother in law's car would not start. She was staying another nite any way. So the next morning the staff jumped her car and comped breakfast as if her dead battery was their fault. We live closer to other airports but this experience will have us leaving out of BWI and staying at the Westin often in the future.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chambersburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Booked a Club Level room as a SPG platinum member and a Starwood Owner of 3 Westin properties to find the lounge so closed on weekends. WHAT?? We have stayed in Westins all over the USA and have NEVER encountered this. We were given a coupon for a free appetizer in the evening and a free breakfast buffet in the a.m. But we did not feel this was equivalent to having club privileges. No water, juice or soda available. No fresh fruit, etc available. No place to merely sit and relax outside the room other than the public spaces in the lobby. Not what we expect from a Club room. Next time we will stay next door at the Sheraton where Club level privileges are available 24/7 7 days a week.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Westin BWI. I would certainly like to apologize for the disappointment you experienced by the Executive Club being closed and I understand your frustration. The website does list the hours of operation but it is an item that can be easily missed. The hotel’s bountiful weekend buffet featuring “Super Foods” is a wonderful feast and we’d hope that it would compensate for the Executive Club offering. But I can also understand the need for quiet place to take refuge in during down time. I would like to thank you for being a Platinum SPG member and again I apologize for your disappointment. I do hope that you would consider giving us an opportunity to redeem ourselves during a future visit. If you would like to discuss this further I invite you to call me directly in my office.

Portsmouth, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I frequent this hotel pretty much on a weekly basis. I can't say enough about the staff. The GM, Fletcher Mayes does a great job training his staff to provide nothing less than outstanding customer service. The staff at the front desk are the most friendly you'll ever find at a hotel. Special recognition to Jim, John, Olivia, Jasmine and Ciara.

Room Tip: Great fitness center and I preferr the rooms facing the entrance (Sheraton side).
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Wow! Thank you for the kind words about the staff here at the refreshing Westin BWI. It is always an honor to be recognized for the efforts that we make in ensuring that our guests have a relaxing, rejuvenating stay. It is truly my pleasure to work with such accommodating professionals as the ones you mentioned. I will gladly pass on your gratitude for their outstanding service. I personally thank you for your patronage and look forward to your return to the Westin BWI, your home away from home.

Fletcher Mayes

Been to The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!