“would love to stay another day” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

Save Saved
You added The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1110 Old Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Petersburg, West Virginia
“would love to stay another day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Excellent hotel!!! Friendliest staff ever! Lots of amenities, rates are very good. At check-in we had very pleasant, informative lady (Patricia). No shuttle to the cruise port, but taxi is available on demand. With all kind of hotels around here I wouldn't choose any other one. Take advantage of beautiful indoor pool and gym!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank for your wonderful comments about the rejuvenating Westin BWI. It is always our pleasure to serve as the departure hotel for our guests cruising from Baltimore. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to Patricia, one of our accommodating professionals. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of the spacious, well appointed Westin Workout and the invigorating pool and Jacuzzi. I certainly hope you had a wonderful trip and that we will see you again here at the refreshing Westin BWI when your travels bring you back to the area.

348 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nice hotel hotel. The hotel is very clean and new. The room are nice with a nice bathroom. As a SPG Platnuim member the internet was free and ran quickly. There was 1 free bottle of water and free Starbucks coffee. The shuttle picks you up at the airport or train station.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your succinct but lovely review of the instinctive Westin BWI. As well, thank you for being a loyal Platinum member of Starwood’s award winning SPG program. We appreciate your patronage and I am glad that you had an opportunity to take advantage of the amenities of our restful hotel. Not mentioned in your review is the Westin Executive Club, located on the 7th floor, which is open to our Platinum members during the week serving a lavish breakfast buffet featuring super foods like berries, granola, and whole and cut fruit. At night we feature the Chef’s selection along with salad, dessert and a variety of beverages. Again, thank you for your patronage of Starwood Hotels and especially of the Westin BWI. We look forward to your return.

Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked one night at this hotel before a cruise. I arrived before noon and was able to check in. My room was a very nice king on the back of the hotel. My only complaint was that it was a bit far from the elevator.

That said, the bed was very comfy and the room was very clean. Internet is not free; I think it's about $12 per day, but there is free WIFI in the lobby. The hotel has a restaurant/bar combination but I went out to eat.

They do offer a shuttle to the airport. The hotel is at the end of a road next to the Sheraton and it's pretty quiet. Lots of flight crews also stay at the hotel which may make for a quieter stay.

There was plenty of free parking. I believe they offer park & fly rates as well.

Plenty of soft towels, nice bathroom amenities, a robe, and a decent selection of TV channels. I also recall a fridge in the room, as well as a free bottle of water.

I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about your brief stay at the restful Westin BWI. I’m so glad you started your vacation with us the night before you went cruising. I also appreciate you mentioning some of the relaxing items that make Westin BWI a special hotel, especially the legendary Heavenly Bed. I hope you enjoyed your time away and the next time you visit we’ll find you a room closer to the elevator.

Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is in a good location and quiet. Bedding is the best! Staff are very friendly. Check in super easy. Price is good for location. We have stayed at a lot of hotels in this area as our child is a student at a nearby university.
I have already booked for a second stay at BWI and am trying the Westin in Annapolis.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review and thank you for your continued patronage of Westin BWI. It has been and will continue to be our goal to build loyalty by exceeding our guest’s expectations. I’m glad you enjoyed the Westin “Heavenly Bed” and that our accommodating associates have taken great care of you. As you noted, the hotel offers a great location near BWI Marshall Airport and is a great value. Thank you again for your support and we look forward to your return.

San Carlos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Westin staff is nice. The hotel's public spaces are pretty. Luminous serves great drinks and delicious breakfasts (ours was comped with the room). The beds are super comfy with plenty of pillows. Getting the temperature of the room right was a challenge but not too big of an inconvenience. We were on the concierge floor (this actual space is only open for breakfast and afternoon cocktails, unlike the concierge lounges of other chains that are open all day). But the coffee was hot and delicious. The hotel maid staff was super friendly.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent visit to the restful Westin BWI. I’m excited to hear that you had a relaxing stay and that our accommodating, professional associates took great care of you. Please accept my apology for the temperamental thermostat but I’m glad that it did not damper your spirits. The Executive Club Lounge, as you mentioned, is only open for breakfast and dinner but the selections are wonderful. In fact, dinner often features some of the delicious items that are served in our award winning Luminous Restaurant. Finally, what review of a Westin would be complete without mentioning the renowned “Heavenly Bed”. We’re certainly proud of the set-up with a cozy array of pillows which allow you to just melt into the bed. Thank you again for your patronage of Starwood Hotels, and especially of the Westin BWI. We look forward to your return when your travels bring you back to the Baltimore/BWI area.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great hotel that has a fantastic staff. The professional team gets it and insures a quality stay. I travel every week and have spent extended stays at the Westin - always a first class accomodation. An exceptional staff to include: Jasmine, Octavia, Patricia, Jim, Aster and Lena. I have been stuck in major snow storms in Baltimore and the Westin team went out of their way to accomodate my needs. Food is great and the business lounge is spot on. A great experience.

Room Tip: Shoot for the 7th floor - but any floor will do.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of the instinctive Westin BWI. I truly appreciate you acknowledging the professional, accommodating staff at the hotel. The team members you mentioned work through out the building from the Front Desk to Luminous, the hotel’s award winning restaurant. It will be my pleasure to personally thank each one of them for a job well done. Thank you for your patronage of the restful Westin BWI and it would be our pleasure to again serve as your host when you return to the Baltimore/BWI area.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I travel a lot for work and has been in the BWI areas for past two years. I was a big time Marriott but I was kind of upset with the quality of Marriott hotels in the area and wanted to try out Westin. Ever since my first stay at Westin - BWI I fell in love with it and has decided to switch to SPG immediately. I have been staying at Westin, BWI for over a year and half now with at least two to three stays a month of 3 nights or more. I really love their fitness center and the Lumens restaurant. Above all the hospitality and the care the staff take of their guests at this location is excellent. The staff, including Octavia, Jim, Jasmine, Patricia, Anthony and many others really go above and beyond serving their guests making their stay really pleasant and comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but higher floors and the corner suits are the best
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experiences at the rejuvenating Westin BWI. I’m so glad you’ve had the opportunity to return on many occasions to be treated to the instinctive, personal amenities that make each stay memorable in its own right. We are fortunate to have a cadre of professional, accommodating associates that take pride in exceeding our guests’ expectations. Also thank you for recognizing the difference in Westin and for being a loyal Starwood Preferred Guest member. We appreciate you calling Westin BWI home during your travels and we look forward to your return.

Fletcher Mayes

Been to The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!