“Best Hotel we stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

You added The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1110 Old Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Yulee, Florida, United States
“Best Hotel we stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am an airline employee who stays at many different hotels all over the US. We often overnight at BWI and use several hotels near the airport. By far the best one is the Westin. The facilities, room comfort, and staff are all some of the best I have seen. The room was quiet and the bed comfortable resulting in a great nights sleep. Made some yummy in room coffee (Starbucks) to get me going in the morning, then went to the fitness room for a nice workout. I challenge you to find a better fitness room in a hotel. After a nice hot shower, went down for lunch. Had the grilled salmon over spinach; outstanding. The wait staff is very attentive. Aster in paticular went out of her way to accommodate my dessert desires even though it was not on the lunch menu. Van service also was right there the night before to pick us up at airport. Overall; A plus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay at the Westin BWI. I am truly honored by your positive feedback given that you are a fellow service industry employee. It is our goal at Westin BWI to provide our guest with personal, instinctive and comfortable accommodations. With that I am glad that we exceeded your expectations. Our staff was thrilled when I shared your survey, and I personally thanked Aster for taking care of your request. Thank you again, and I’m hoping that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the hotel on your next visit to Baltimore area.

Fletcher Mayes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Hanover, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had to travel down to Baltimore for an afternoon business meeting, so instead of turning right around after the meeting and driving home, I decided to spend the night at the Westin BWI and drive back the next morning. As a member of the SPG loyalty program, I received free WiFi in my room and a complimentary newspaper in the morning.

This Westin caters, obviously, to the business traveler and does it well. Many flight crews are lodged here on a regular basis. I found the hotel to be quiet and comfortable, and their "heavenly" beds are very comfortable, indeed. You don't have to be concerned at all about airplane noise in the hotel.

This Westin offers workout clothes and shoes for those who want to make use of the very large, well-equipped fitness center. They also offer an in-room spa service, where a masseur/masseuse will come to your room for a massage. I was not able to make use of this service in my short stay, but I thought it was a service above and beyond most hotels of equal calibre.

Room Tip: I reserved a room on the 7th floor, the Executive Club floor. The bedroom and bathroom are spacious...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Westin BWI. The amenities we provide are specifically geared toward creating a relaxing, renewing ambiance where you can escape from the hustle and bustle of your hectic schedule. We also invite our guest to participate in “unwind”, a Westin ritual, Monday – Thursday in our lobby in the evening. During “unwind” you can enjoy complimentary Hors d'oeuvres and nightly drink specials. Again, thank you for your continued patronage of Starwood Hotels and especially of Westin BWI. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and hope to see you again soon.

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here for one night after arriving late at BWI. The hotel is brand-new and very well-appointed. The beds are indeed "heavenly" and the bathroom was very spacious. I was upgraded to the Club Level and enjoyed the hearty hot breakfast that was offered. The hotel staff was excellent and very attentive. Best choice in the area.

Room Tip: Club Level delivers value.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing the wonderful experience you had while staying with us at the relaxing Westin BWI. We truly take pride in our products and services. By the way, I do appreciate the comment about the hotel being new but we’ve been serving the BWI area since November 2007. Also, I’m glad you had the opportunity to experience our beds and you can tell why they are aptly named the Westin “Heavenly Bed”. Thank you again for your business, we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean. The room was spacious and comfortable. The front desk and shuttle staff were kind and cordial. Ample and well lit parking. Will use for my BWI travel in the future. Hotel large enough that you don't feel overshadowed by events booked there.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to share your some comments about your recent stay with us here at the refreshing Westin BWI. We truly appreciate the compliments. I have shared your comments with our staff and they were thrilled to hear the great feedback. Thank you again for choosing our hotel while traveling in the Baltimore area and we hope to see you again soon at relaxing the Westin BWI.

NewJersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights. The first problem is that the entire hotel smells like stale cigarette smoke. At first I thought it was just my first room, but the smell was in the second room I was moved to also. On my second day, after leaving the hotel around 10am I came back close to midnight to find that my room hadn't been cleaned. I called the desk to complain and was told that housekeeping had left for the night so they had to move me to a new room again. The other issue was that as a gold member I expected an upgraded room but apparently there are none.

Despite the setbacks the staff, especially Jasmine, were extremely accommodating and helpful, which made up for a lot of the problems.

It's close to the airport and near several other hotels, off of 295. There's plenty of free parking. WIFI is only free in public spaces although it was included in my package.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and speak to us about your recent stay here at the Westin BWI. First, please accept my apology for the litany of issues you encountered during your stay, especially for having to move multiple times. I appreciate your patience and understanding with us as we work towards becoming a better hotel. I would also like to thank you for recognizing Jasmine, one of our exceptional service providers in the Front Office. She was excited to hear that she made a positive impact on your experience during your visit with us. I invite you to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Baltimore area. It is my hope that you allow us an opportunity to redeem ourselves and display the personal, instinctive service that is representative of Westin BWI. Please let me know personally if there is anything that I can do for you in the future.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here just one night on business. Overall a decent Westin for the price. I've stayed several times at the Sheraton across the street and this was nicer. The staff was good and the room comfortable and well kept. Got club lounge access and it was much better than the Sheraton for breakfast and evening appetizers. Much better food selection and open times. The only edge the Sheraton has in the lounge department is unlimited access to bottled water and soda 24 hrs/day; the Westin keeps all the drinks locked away somewhere. Didn't get to use the pool, but it looked really nice. Next time I'm in the area I will stay here again provided that the price isn't too much higher than the Sheraton.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Castle Rock, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed just one night on business before flying out the next morning. The bed was fantastic and the dual shower heads was nice too. I would give it 5 stars except for the fact that internet service was $13 (yes I should have checked that ahead of time) and there needs to be a better outlet selection in the room (had to search for a bedside plug for my phone).

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!