“Excellent for business” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

You added The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1110 Old Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent for business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a new hotel within 10 minutes of BWI airport. There is good shuttle service to an from the hotel. The hotel is attractive and the staff very helpful. The room was attractive and nice. The bed was terrific and the food was very good. Our conference room was very nice and the food for the conference was excellent. I have stayed in a few hotels near BWI and this was by far the best and most attractive. We had free internet access during the meeting which was very helpful. If you need a hotel near BWI, this would be my first choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is small enough to not be overwhelming or require a map to find your way around, but large enough to feel spacious at the same time. The rooms are very modern with large bathrooms and plush beds. Check-in and out was fast and easy and the front desk personnel were very courteous. Our meeting room had ample space and was set-up exactly as instructed. The service staff responded timely to every request; even some last minute changes. The rates were exceptionally priced for the food quality and service received. The food was well above-average and was surprising as our meal was buffet-style. It was not only tasty, but presented well. I would recommend this hotel for groups up to 200/250. The shuttle service was an added bonus and refreshing for our guests who arrived earlier or later. I am very pleased and would not hesitate to book this hotel for my next meeting.

Room Tip: I would recommend this hotel for groups of 250 people or below.
Binghamton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just got home from a 3 night stay at the Westin. Beautiful hotel..very clean. Rooms were very big. Larger than any standard hotel room I have been in. And the bathroom was very big. The beds were extremely comfortable. The hotel is near the airport, however I experienced no noise problems whatsoever. I wouldn't of even known we were near an airport, if you didn't see the actual planes just outside your window. The staff was very friendly. Check in was very quick. The hotel was near several restaurants. The hotel was very conveniently located..took us 15 minutes to get to the Inner Harbor. And for shopaholics..you must visit the Arundel Mills Mall which is less than 10 minutes away too. There is a brand new casino at this Mall also. Lots of stuff to do nearby. Hoping to return to Baltimore soon and I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have stayed at quite a few hotels near BWI over the past few years-and have learned to accept disappointment. Not so at the Westin -I was pleasantly surprised...clean, quiet, comfortable rooms, friendly staff, decent restaurant, and better than average fitness center.

The beds are actually great, as is the shower. As a business traveler, I can't ask for much more.

One thing I don't understand is why some guests get a free breakfast and others don't. I was traveling with three colleagues and one received a free breakfast card for the duration of our stay. No, he was not an SPG member ( and yes, I am)...

South Freeport, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

First, the sole negative comment. No matter where you search (front desk, gift shop or restaurant) you'll find that the hotel supplies only two newpspapers, the WSJ and USA Today. There's NO New York Times, & NO Baltimore or Washingtoin papers! For a supposedly upscale chain, that's absurd.

But the good news is very good indeed. The beds are remarkably comfortable, and the staff members -- from front desk personnel to shuttle drivers -- were all helpful, generous, and warm. Two of the restaurant people (waitperson Aster and the smiling heavy-set "head" waiter) were really wonderful. Excellent food in the restaurant, too! Oddly enough, breakfast was the least interesting meal of the day. Lunch and dinner were terrific, though.

cleveland, oh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

There was a time in the past Westin BWI was an oasis for me when I came to Baltimore-Washington area on business...I will share with you in detail how it has become a below average property with terrible stay experiences for me last week. I checked in and since I was on the club level - required to swipe my card to get to the floor and while on the elevator during check-in the elevator stopped between floors and while I did manage to get to second floor the second (and only other elevator) was not working. So after a 6 hour drive here I am with lugagge stranded on the second floor - and cannot get into the room. I did get up there through the service elevator (sic!) and had to walk 7 flights to move my car which I left in front of the hotel...Second day, my room was not cleaned while I was all day away and when I returned at 4:30pm I had to sit in the lobby and wait for it to be done....Further, the housekeeping staff left overnight room service trays on the floor so the entire club level reeked of half eaten burgers and meat - for anyone entering the club level - the floor had a resounding smell of a butcher shop littered with spoilt meat. The next morning I went to get some breakfast - and and in its wisdom - the oatmeal prepared for us found itself sharing the same pot (under the same lid) with eggs. On what planet would you do this to your vegetarian guests...in fact, those ladling their eggs would drop pieces of it onto the oatmeal. Oh yes, the pool. The hotel has a wonderful 15 m pool and I swim daily. Guess what - I could only swim 6-10am and 6-10pm and not during the other hours of my stay. So I could not swim after my meeting on Thursday during the day and could not swim after my breakfast Sunday. In fact, why does the hotel not want to pay someone to lifeguard during the day when they do have the pool? Why would I have to limit my access to the pool because they do not want to compensate someone to sit there? Also, when I tried to use the business center computers, none of the three wireless mouses had batteries in the them so you could click on the screen and go online. When the clients come for dinner to Luminous on Thursday night, we were served drinks and coctails with flat soda and only once we alerted the server, did she go and check her bar carbonation pump - did she discover that to be so and served us another round admitting the adjustment was off...Is there anything that the hotel did right? No in my opinion and the manager's "gracious" gift of 2500 SPG points does not buy me loyalty to stay at this terribly managed property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Westin BWI. Please accept my sincere apology for us not living up to your expectations. I know at times with so many moving parts that things may go awry but what most disappoints me is that we failed to communicate with you and work to resolve your issues. I won’t waste your time making petty excuses but I will say that each of the comments that you shared have been taken to heart and discussed in detail with each department. Our goal is to make the appropriate adjustments so that we can fulfill the promise of the Westin brand in the future and return to the excellence you have come to know from Westin BWI. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further. But I also invite you to return so that we may have the opportunity to redeem ourselves and demonstrate the rejuvenating service that continues to make Westin BWI the choice of may a wary traveler.

Be well,

Fletcher Mayes
Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 1 night for a business trip. The front desk was extremely friendly. The rooms were spacious and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. (I never say that). I had a cocktail in the bar and the staff there was prompt and friendly. The only negative about the hotel is you need to pay for internet service. I found that unusual in this day and age.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Linthicum Heights
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
#2 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 483 reviews
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Ai...
#17 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 448 reviews
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
#16 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 344 reviews
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington I...
#24 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
3.5 of 5 stars 581 reviews
Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport
Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airpor...
#13 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 251 reviews
Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI ...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.5 of 5 stars 260 reviews

Been to The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!