“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

Save Saved
You added The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1110 Old Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Binghamton, New York
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just got home from a 3 night stay at the Westin. Beautiful hotel..very clean. Rooms were very big. Larger than any standard hotel room I have been in. And the bathroom was very big. The beds were extremely comfortable. The hotel is near the airport, however I experienced no noise problems whatsoever. I wouldn't of even known we were near an airport, if you didn't see the actual planes just outside your window. The staff was very friendly. Check in was very quick. The hotel was near several restaurants. The hotel was very conveniently located..took us 15 minutes to get to the Inner Harbor. And for shopaholics..you must visit the Arundel Mills Mall which is less than 10 minutes away too. There is a brand new casino at this Mall also. Lots of stuff to do nearby. Hoping to return to Baltimore soon and I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have stayed at quite a few hotels near BWI over the past few years-and have learned to accept disappointment. Not so at the Westin -I was pleasantly surprised...clean, quiet, comfortable rooms, friendly staff, decent restaurant, and better than average fitness center.

The beds are actually great, as is the shower. As a business traveler, I can't ask for much more.

One thing I don't understand is why some guests get a free breakfast and others don't. I was traveling with three colleagues and one received a free breakfast card for the duration of our stay. No, he was not an SPG member ( and yes, I am)...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
South Freeport, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

First, the sole negative comment. No matter where you search (front desk, gift shop or restaurant) you'll find that the hotel supplies only two newpspapers, the WSJ and USA Today. There's NO New York Times, & NO Baltimore or Washingtoin papers! For a supposedly upscale chain, that's absurd.

But the good news is very good indeed. The beds are remarkably comfortable, and the staff members -- from front desk personnel to shuttle drivers -- were all helpful, generous, and warm. Two of the restaurant people (waitperson Aster and the smiling heavy-set "head" waiter) were really wonderful. Excellent food in the restaurant, too! Oddly enough, breakfast was the least interesting meal of the day. Lunch and dinner were terrific, though.

cleveland, oh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

There was a time in the past Westin BWI was an oasis for me when I came to Baltimore-Washington area on business...I will share with you in detail how it has become a below average property with terrible stay experiences for me last week. I checked in and since I was on the club level - required to swipe my card to get to the floor and while on the elevator during check-in the elevator stopped between floors and while I did manage to get to second floor the second (and only other elevator) was not working. So after a 6 hour drive here I am with lugagge stranded on the second floor - and cannot get into the room. I did get up there through the service elevator (sic!) and had to walk 7 flights to move my car which I left in front of the hotel...Second day, my room was not cleaned while I was all day away and when I returned at 4:30pm I had to sit in the lobby and wait for it to be done....Further, the housekeeping staff left overnight room service trays on the floor so the entire club level reeked of half eaten burgers and meat - for anyone entering the club level - the floor had a resounding smell of a butcher shop littered with spoilt meat. The next morning I went to get some breakfast - and and in its wisdom - the oatmeal prepared for us found itself sharing the same pot (under the same lid) with eggs. On what planet would you do this to your vegetarian guests...in fact, those ladling their eggs would drop pieces of it onto the oatmeal. Oh yes, the pool. The hotel has a wonderful 15 m pool and I swim daily. Guess what - I could only swim 6-10am and 6-10pm and not during the other hours of my stay. So I could not swim after my meeting on Thursday during the day and could not swim after my breakfast Sunday. In fact, why does the hotel not want to pay someone to lifeguard during the day when they do have the pool? Why would I have to limit my access to the pool because they do not want to compensate someone to sit there? Also, when I tried to use the business center computers, none of the three wireless mouses had batteries in the them so you could click on the screen and go online. When the clients come for dinner to Luminous on Thursday night, we were served drinks and coctails with flat soda and only once we alerted the server, did she go and check her bar carbonation pump - did she discover that to be so and served us another round admitting the adjustment was off...Is there anything that the hotel did right? No in my opinion and the manager's "gracious" gift of 2500 SPG points does not buy me loyalty to stay at this terribly managed property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Westin BWI. Please accept my sincere apology for us not living up to your expectations. I know at times with so many moving parts that things may go awry but what most disappoints me is that we failed to communicate with you and work to resolve your issues. I won’t waste your time making petty excuses but I will say that each of the comments that you shared have been taken to heart and discussed in detail with each department. Our goal is to make the appropriate adjustments so that we can fulfill the promise of the Westin brand in the future and return to the excellence you have come to know from Westin BWI. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further. But I also invite you to return so that we may have the opportunity to redeem ourselves and demonstrate the rejuvenating service that continues to make Westin BWI the choice of may a wary traveler.

Be well,

Fletcher Mayes
Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 1 night for a business trip. The front desk was extremely friendly. The rooms were spacious and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. (I never say that). I had a cocktail in the bar and the staff there was prompt and friendly. The only negative about the hotel is you need to pay for internet service. I found that unusual in this day and age.

Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here once again at the Westin BWI on 09/27/12. This night's stay went really well for us. The service desk was prompt and very efficient. The room was clean and quiet and we were able to get a good night's rest. The airport shuttle worked fantastic for us both going and coming back. When we returned from our trip the evening of 10/06/12 the service desk answered my call quickly and we had a shuttle in no time. The shuttle driver dropped us off at our vehicle and we were on our way home.

Room Tip: (Tip): If you will be using the airport shuttle service ... On your return trip the shuttles work to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Princeton,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our one night stay started with Jim at the front desk. He is an exceptionally good at his job, friendly and very helpful without seeming to be insincere. I think he just really likes what he does.
The rooms were very clean. The hotel was obviously full and there was a lot of action in the lobby bar late at night when we returned from dinner. Despite this, I heard no noise in my room and slept like a lamb.
The only downside was the bath tub which didn't drain at all, so I showered in my kids bathroom.
I found it fairly pricey (around $140 with taxes) and wouldn't have spent quite so much, but all the hotels in the area were full and had little choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!