“I found my paradise in Baltimore!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

You added The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1110 Old Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Lavallette, New Jersey
“I found my paradise in Baltimore!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

On 9/5/11 through 9/7/11 I stayed at the Westin Hotel BWI. It's a newer hotel right near the Baltimore/Washington Airport. I thought I was going to have to put up with jet noise the whole time there, but thought the price was worth it for the amenities. Much to my surprise, I never heard one plane go over head. Not one!! When I arrived I was greeted with a friendly smile and quickly checked in. I asked to be place in a quiet location on a high floor and they accommodated my request. It was really quiet. I heard nothing both nights. They have a fabulous gym which I used both days, and a lovely pool and hot tub area which were both empty when I saw them both times. The room was exceptionally clean and well appointed. The bed is indeed heavenly with lots of cushy pillows which I love. They offer free WIFI and Starbucks coffee in the room and a nice warm terry robe for your use. And of course all the other mundane necessities such as a blow dryer, iron, magnification mirror, and safe. In the shower they have this double shower head which is soooo nice and a tub if you wish to soak! I had a problem with the toilet so I called and they sent someone instantly to take care of it. I ordered room service both nights and the food was fabulous! I actually was jumping around in my chair enjoying it so much and I am really picky and usually never very satisfied with hotel room service food. I was pleasantly surprised at how good everything was.
This Weston is an upscale hotel for a great price with a staff that are trained well and make you feel welcomed and important. It's everything I look for. I have stayed at the Aloft, the Crown Royal, the Kimpton downtown, another little very old but cute boutigue type hotel downtown whose name escapes me and the Holiday Inn Express downtown as well, and out of all of the aforementioned, the Westin wins hands down. Whenever I am in Baltimore in the future, there is no need to stay anywhere else for me. I LOVED IT!!!!! Thank you Westin for knowing how to treat weary travelers!!

Room Tip: I was in rm. 603 at the end of the hall facing the parking lot....very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
St. Thomas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I stayed here on June 26th overnighting between Europe and the Caribbean. When I checked in the young man at the front desk asked if I wanted a wake up call, I agreed and he asked if I wanted a follow up call, again yes. Went to my room, fell asleep due to a full day of travel from Europe. I awoke 40 minutes AFTER the designated wake up call time!!!! They had never logged or placed a wakeup call to me. In a panic I threw everything together & raced downstairs. At this point one could say it had been a marginally unprofessional experience but the girl I encountered at the front desk: Soya Stewart was someone I would not wish on any traveler. No apology, in fact she was beligerent. The internet had not worked the night before & I asked (while waiting for the next shuttle to airport) for an adjustment. She said I would get it automatically since the whole wifi system was down. I am an experienced traveler & know to get things in writing. She refused. Her excuse? She said she did not have a paper or pen. I gave her MY paper and pencil and commented on her attitude to which she replied "Now I am really going to make you wait". What? Front desk no writing utensils? Threatening to make me wait and miss the shuttle? I asked for a copy of the bill and she said it had been placed under the door. Hmmm, mighta missed THAT when I was tearing out of my room almost an hour late for my airport check in. I asked for another copy & she refused. She and another back office employee (presumably night audit) snickered while she did her best to make the check out take as long as possible. Upon returning home I called and left 2 voice messages for the GM "Felix". He never returned my calls so you can start to put together a picture of the management oversight here. Of course no one ever did credit me for the internet. I disputed with AMEX, and because I am a Platinum card holder they just took it off. Long story short, I have been in hospitality all my life. Soya Stewart should be sent to charm school and GM Felix should be reassigned to a truck stop motel. (OK maybe thats unfair, I don't want to disrespect truck stop motel managers because thery probably do a better job). Will send along comments to corporate & maybe future guests will have better luck.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

On a business trip where everything went wrong - from canceled trains due to a hurricane and canceled hotel reservations, etc. - the staff and management at the Westin were great. They worked through every mistake and mix up and really made my stay pleasant and enjoyable. I can't even express how grateful I was for everything they did for me. Also, Trevor from St. Lucia, one of the hotel bartenders was a real highlight! He surprised me with wine, cocktail, and even dinner choices, and everything that he chose for me was absolutely delicious.

Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here for a week whilst conducting a training course nearby. Nice location - edge of rural area, and close to freeways and airport.
Room is spacious and well equipped, temp control very good, and bed very comfortable.
Hotel generally very luxurious and comfortable.
Good spacious bathroom, but was given a disabled room - so shower flooded the bathroom floor every day......
Internet - expensive, but maintenance man very helpful to solve connection problems.
Food - Room service good but expensive, breakfasts good, but I felt the restaurant food was uninspired.
Needs a few tweaks in the right areas to make it excellent.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
agmwestinbwi, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport –BWI. We appreciate your business and your enthusiasm regarding the hotel! We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. We are coming out with a new dinner menu for Luminous Restaurant in the next few weeks. We hope the new menu will excite you when you come back and stay with us the next time you are in the BWI area.

austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I stay here a few times a month. I generally find the staff pleasant, and willing to honor requests for high floor room. I had issues with the breakfast service, but they have since cleaned that up. Overall, if you need to do business near BWI and don't want to go to Baltimore, I would would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
agmwestinbwi, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI. We appreciate your continuous loyalty to Westin and our hotel. We hope to exceed your expectations in future visits and look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to BWI.
Lagos
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I stayed here between the 1st and 3rd July, en route Louisville, coming in from Jersey City via Amtrak. A bit out of the way, but a nice hotel, all told. Did not spend too much time on the facility. Not much by way of luxury.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
agmwestinbwi, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI. We appreciate your business and your review. We hope that next time you stay with us, you will be able to enjoy some of our amenities and dine in our restaurant, Luminous.
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Stayed here while in Baltimore for business. Hotel lobby/room was clean, staff was courteous, and room service breakfast was decent. Located near the Baltimore airport in an area with a lot of hotels -- nice place to stay for a short business trip, but would probably look elsewhere for leisure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI. We appreciate your business and your positive review. It is refreshing to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We offer a complimentary shuttle that will take you within a three mile radius of the hotel. There are golf courses, world class museums, we are within 10 miles of downtown Baltimore, minutes from Arundel Mills Mall, Annapolis and 30 minutes to Washington, D.C. where you can enjoy some leisure activities and take in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Felix Maina, General Manager

Been to The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!