“Solid Pick” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Maryland
“Solid Pick”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Good to excellent Italian, competent service, nice take out option.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
baltimore
“Dirty never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

first I went to the rest room, It was filthy!
my date and I had a table in the back and there was this strong smell of sewage. It made me not want to eat there but my date had already ordered an app so I was stuck. The smell was so strong!For the longest time our server Crystal was missing and when she came back with our COLD food she seemed a upset. I could hear the yelling all the way from the kitchen. Just the worst night ever!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
TX, USA
“Average Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

This is an average Italian restaurant. Not bad but not super-great. Had pasta Carbonara and the dish was ok but did not bear much resemblance to a real Carbonara as the pasta was literally covered in sliced button mushrooms.

It was ok, close to the Staybridge Suites where we stayed, but I would not go out of my way to go back there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

I recently visited the Olive Grove Restaurant to possibly to an event there. Seeing the banquet rates and the room available for use, I thought the Olive Grove would be a great option. I decided I better stay for dinner to try the food to see if it was any good. I had their Cream of Crab soup, their crab cakes and their sampler entree with Steak, Chicken Alfredo & Shrimp Scampi. The soup was awful. It had no taste at all. It tasted like the most bland cream base, no salt, no pepper, no flavor. I will say the crab cakes were tasty as was the steak. When the Shrimp Scampi came out both myself and the person I was with looked at it and said " what the [---] is that?". It definately did not look like the typical scampi you're use to. It had a thick yellow sauce with peppers with absolutely no sign of garlic. It was the wierdiest taste ever. The Chicken Florentine was dry and tasteless.

It goes without saying, I will not be having the event at this restaurant. For all those who have said this is a good restaurant, obviously have not gotten out much and unfortunately for them do not know what a meal from good Italian restaurant should taste like. I was definately disappointed.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Horrendous Service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

Great food and really lousy, rude service. There were three people in our party, the waiter, Nick, got two out of the three orders wrong. He had a very thick Greek accent. One person ordered the two crab cake dinner and he brought one crab cake, and insisted that's what she ordered. Another party member ordered the Chicken Trio meal, and even repeated it to him. He brought Chicken Creole, and yet again insisted that was what was ordered. Then followed up with a dead stare at that person. After a few moments Nick, with the heavy foreign accent asked this American born person, "Are you sure you speak English?"
Need I say more? The great food does not make up for the horrendous service. Find a restaurant that appreciates your patronage.