“Pretty good, not spectacular” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Chicago, Illinois
“Pretty good, not spectacular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Nice seafood and steaks. The portions are huge. The bread, sides and salads seem factory made. But those things aren't why you go here. I've only been with big groups. Everyone left well fed and lots left with takeaway boxes.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Tucson, AZ
“Best Crabcakes and cream of crab in MD, Service just OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Pros:
Best crabcakes in MD in my opinion. Very large cakes, little filler. I always order two crabcakes, then take one home to eat for lunch next day.

Cream of Crab soup also the best I have eaten in MD, flavor wise. i will say that they don't put a lot of crab meat, but at $5 a cup, I cant really complain.

Fries and Gravy also pretty exceptional, though admittedly hard to mess up!

Waitress was very nice and for the most part attentive. She said that she was new, did forget to bring our bread and salad, and had to remind her about bringing out crackers and mustard for the crabcakes. She apologized a couple times because we ended up not getting bread until our food was served, but it wasnt too big of a deal, because we were there for the crabcakes!

Cons:
One time, my wife and I came to the restaurant, hostess ( not mean, but not overly friendly either ) sat us in the worst possible location ( a lot of foot traffice behind us ) even though the restaurant was half full at the time we got there ( 4:45 ) , and we requested new seats which they quickly obliged, but hostess didn't seem especially thrilled about doing it.

the bread they serve is pretty average, if not , it doesent seem especially fresh to me

Overall: An outstanding restaurant w/possibly the best cakes in Md, but average customer svc.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Great Crab Cakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Probably the best crab cakes you will ever have. The place is always jammed packed and for good reason the crab is the best. G&M is not pretentious; it puts out great food at an excellent value. Whenever I am in the Baltimore I make a trip to G&M for a serving of their crab cakes. I have never been disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maryland
“Great Crab Cakes But You Won't Feel Welcomed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

G&M has without a doubt some of the best crab cakes in Maryland and that is saying a lot. But, when you go there, you will most likely be greeted by a stern, unsmiling hostess who will eventually get around to you. Maybe. It has happened to me twice in recent months. Then, be prepared to be seated at the worst spot in the resturant without being asked for any seating preference. Fortunately, the wait staff and food are excellent. So, great crab cakes, but you will not feel welcomed when you walk in.

Atlanta, GA
“Excellent Crabcakes at G&M”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

I go to this place every time I visited Baltimore. They give you these large all meat crab cakes, which taste very good.