“Good but not great” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Macomb, Michigan
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I had dinner there with a couple of colleagues and we had the crab cakes. I started with the crab soup and it was pretty good. The dinner salad that followed was marginal (greens weren't fresh). The crab cake was pretty good. It was large, but as another reviewer had noted, there was an equal amount of filler and crab and overall it was a bit dry. For the price though, I'd probably go back and try something different.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
“Crab cakes no good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Worst crab cakes I've ever had. Although they were huge, they were dry and had a lot of filler. The salad that comes with the meal was just as bad but the other sides were good. I'm sure there are better places to go in Baltimore for delicious crab cakes. But this is not the place.

Boone, North Carolina
“Great food, reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I'm all about local restaurants and this doesn't disappoint at all. Very reasonably priced Maryland crab cakes were absolutely the highlight of our dinner. Don't miss this local gem!

Visited January 2014
Avon, Connecticut
“Locals said this is the place to go -- it is!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Visited for lunch recently with some Baltimore natives who said this was the must go to place for great crab cakes. I was NOT disappointed. I had the lunch crab cake and was absolutely amazed by the amount of real, fresh crab. It was supper. I think the actual meal was the crab sandwich less bread and with a side. I was told that there is a lunch entree as well but that it is two crab cakes. I can attest that one is more than enough.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Another great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Went to G&M's the monday before Christmas around lunch time and the place was busy. Our server was on the ball, kept drinks refilled, checked in with us enough to make sure we were taken care of.

The Wife had the crabcake dinner and enjoyed it. I had the open face turkey sandwhich (fries with gravy on the side!). Both meals came out quick and were tasty.

We will be back everytime we're in the neighborhood!

• Visited December 2013