“Have been here multiple times - more here than just award winning crab cakes!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of G & M Restaurant & Lounge

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Lusby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I know this place is well known for their "TOP OF THE LINE CRAB CAKES" - voted Baltimores Best several times over. While the crab cakes here are the BEST I've ever had anywhere, there is more on the menu that is just as excellent!! I imagine the chef's in the back probably cringe every time they get another order for the 2 crab cake platter - Ha, ha!! But, that is what their known for. The last time I went there I ordered the garlic shrimp alfredo dish and - WOW- was it ever great!! I can't recommend this place enough - the staff is very attentive (not overly attentive). Atmosphere is so-so, but once you dive into whatever you order - the atmosphere really does'nt matter. Definitely one of the best restaurants I've ever been to in my life and I'm 52 and dine out alot!! Could not recommend more highly!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
electric130
“Best Crabcake in Baltimore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was traveling to Baltimore quite a bit when one of my co-workers took me here. I was a bit taken back at the $12 price for a crabcake sandwich, but it was well worth the money! HUGE chunks of crab throughout the sandwich. Needless to say, I've been back many times.

Visited July 2012
Youngstown, Ohio
“Great place for it's food and service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My son moved to Maryland last year and we go to see him every couple months and we try to go to a new place to eat each time we go there. My son had heard from a lot of co workers that live there that this was a really good place to eat. So my son who is 24, my daughter who is only 9, and my wife and I went there last weekend and it was wonderful! For starters we ordered the crab dip and it was out of this world could have ate that for dinner it was so good. My son and I had the crab cakes for our dinner and they were huge with big chucks of crab all through them and good thing we only got 1 each because that's all we could eat. My wife had broiled flounder and loved it! Now this sounds crazy but my 9 year old daughter had ravioli in a seafood joint and we are 100% Italian and it was fantastic. We went at 3pm after doing some shopping and thought it would be slow at that time of day on a Saturday and that was not the case. We had to wait about 15 minutes for our table and it's not a small place. All I can say is if your in that area the G&M Restaurant is the place to go for great food and service!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
DC Metro
“I will never eat a crabcake anywhere else”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was never a huge fan of crabcakes but my friend coerced me into ordering one here. It was so much better than it's really beyond comparison. There were huge chunks of sweet, delicious crab in every bite. They were lightly seasoned so as not to overpower the crab. The crabcake itself was very large. If angels serve food in heaven they'd be serving these crabcakes. I also had the cannoli which I could barely eat because I was so full. It was pretty good too. Our waitstaff was very attentive without hovering.

Maryland
“Crabcakes worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We live in northern Montgomery County, MD. Today, we drove about an hour to get to G & M in Linthicum for a Sunday dinner. The crabcakes are the best we have found anywhere in MD, including Calvert County, and the the OC shore areas. This is not a pretentious place -- they do not take reservations, and they will not seat a party until everyone is there. It is right off 695. My husband was dubious when I told him we would be driving for an hour, but he is a convert now. The crab soup and the French onion soup are very good. For the entree, we always get some variety of crab. I had the single crab cake platter & my husband ordered crab imperial, which came out as 2 huge mounds of crab. However, the Italian-type entrees are delicious too.
The entrees come with a salad and two sides -- there are quite a variety of sides to choose from.
The rolls are huge and delicious. If you have room for dessert, they have a number of good options, and you have to pass the dessert case on your way into the dining room, so it is hard to pass on desert. The carrot cake is delicious; today, I ordered the coconut cream pie, which was yummy as well. We will be making another pilgrimage to G & M before long!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere