“Attended the MD RenFest” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #13 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Attended the MD RenFest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed two nights at TownePlace Suites. Out room was excellent! The rooms were clean and the bed very comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast selections and loved the fact they used actual dishes and cutlery-not paper/plastic! We will definitely stay here next year when we attend the Faire.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at this property for one night as I was in town for an event. It is a brand new property, the room is situated very cute, not the typical walk in bath to the left or right bed area right behind, actually there is a closet as soon as you walk in, then the bed area and the bathroom is off to the side and you can enter the closet from the bathroom, it's really cute, the bed was comfortable and the room was really clean, I like the fact that the shower gel, shampoo and conditioner is already in a dispenser in the shower. Enjoyed the stay and wish I had booked two nights instead of one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel was not maintained properly and had a bad feel to it. The outside is nice enough, but the inside smells like cleanser and seems to have a lot of little maintenance issues for a newer property. The maintenance garbage cart was left under the stairwell overnight and people put all their smelly garbage in there. With so many hotels in the area, I would try another one before I went back there. It is close to the airport and the rooms are acceptable and quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed here one night in a two bedroom suite. It was perfect for our family. Beds were comfortable, kitchen was well-equipped with a full-size fridge. Living area was very spacious and met our needs. The unit was very clean. We will definitely stay here again when we are back in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was a great place to stay when we had a short stop to visit Baltimore. Very clean and the staff was very helpful. Room was spacious and it was a short and easy trip to downtown Baltimore. Best part was that we were so close to the airport for an early morning flight.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here recently for several days for business as my "home base" Location and access is good and the initial rate per night were good.

My initial take on the property was clean and very friendly staff. Good start. But way too much family traffic for a business stay. kids running wild. My room was average, clean, large bathroom, but small workspace. Not geared to business clients was my initial take. The kitchen area was tiny, but too be expected for the rate.

The fitness center was above average for most properties at this level, but the pool was basically not usable. Once again, kids gone wild.

As to be expected, breakfast is provided, basic fare. Plus, a dinner is buffet snack/dinner is provided. My experience with that for 2 days was dorm food, but hey it was included right? chef boyardi mini ravs one night salad, and I forget the 1st night. yes it is that forgettable. But kudos for the effort.

my room suffered from a lack of temp and humidity control. You had to have it under 64 degrees to have the moisture out of the of the room, and that is way too cold for me. The bathroom was decent size and the bed was ok. But once again, the work area was small. Plus, my constant pet peeve, intenet. slow to middling at best.

While it has good access to roads, there is little to none eateries close, (ruby tuesday, chilies, or bob evans) and you can't walk there. So if you don't have a car. you are sol.

My biggest issue was: 1/2 way through the stay, my rate went up per night. WTF is that??? I NEVER had that happen as gold elite with Marriott.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Deer Park, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The hotel itself for an overnight stay would rate Very Good but we stayed here to take advantage of their park and fly "deal". Everything was fine until the morning our flight was leaving. When we arrived in the lobby to wait for the shuttle I was told to move my car to the end of the building since it would be there for 6 days. I figured that made sense and moved to the designated parking area and placed the parking pass on my dash as instructed. The shuttle picked us up and off and then dropped us off at the airport. Everything went smooth at the airport and on our trip. We arrived back at BWI airport and called the hotel to request the shuttle. We were told where to go and that the shuttle would be there in 15 minutes. We walked directly outside to the pick up spot and I see a shuttle that is pulling out. After a short chase the driver stopped and picked us up. He was aware we were coming but decided he would pick us up "next time" even though he only had 1 passenger on the shuttle. I was tired and was just glad to be on the shuttle. Once we arrived at the hotel we were dropped at the front and took our bags to our vehicle on the end of the building. When I walked around the drivers side I noticed 6 large scratches on both the front and rear doors and the saw another directly across the hood. We loaded our bags and I moved the around to the front of the hotel and went to the front desk. The young lady at the front desk apologized but said she could not come outside to look and had to man the front desk, She said she would write an incident report and the general manager (Justin) would be calling me. I told her that I understood that I had signed a hold harmless agreement and that the hotel was not responsible but that vandalism had not entered my mind. Finally after about 20 minutes of talking she got the bright idea to tell the security guard. He happened to be watching TV in the next room. He walked outside and agreed that it was definitely scratched with a key he thought. I walked him around to where the car was parked and he told me that security does not patrol that area. He told me that the hotel does not have any type of video surveillance on the lot either. He assured me he would write an incident report and also contact the police to report it. We had a 3 hour drive to get home and he said there was nothing more to be done since it was so late (around midnight at this point). He also told us Justin would be calling us. We arrived home on Friday 7/12. Justin (general manager) finally called on Thursday 7/18. Justin was apologetic but wanted to know why a police report was not filed. I told him that the guard was supposed to do it and I asked him what the police could have done anyway. He said that I was probably right and it would have just extended our night. I asked Him why the lot wasn't patrolled and he stated that he had only been the general manager for a short time and didn't know exactly what was patrolled and what wasn't. I suggested that he get some video surveillance on the lot and he responded that if this happened a "few more" times he would need to look into it. At no time did Justin offer any help whatsoever other that to say how unfortunate the incident was. I was already well aware of how unfortunate it was so that bit of advice didn't help either. Bottom line is if you need a cheap place to sleep for a night and want to risk it the hotel will probably work for you but if you want an extended stay (which is what the TownPlace brand is all about) you need to avoid this place like it was full of lepers who have the plague.

Room Tip: Small ants on the first floor.