The hotel itself for an overnight stay would rate Very Good but we stayed here to take advantage of their park and fly "deal". Everything was fine until the morning our flight was leaving. When we arrived in the lobby to wait for the shuttle I was told to move my car to the end of the building since it would be there for 6 days. I figured that made sense and moved to the designated parking area and placed the parking pass on my dash as instructed. The shuttle picked us up and off and then dropped us off at the airport. Everything went smooth at the airport and on our trip. We arrived back at BWI airport and called the hotel to request the shuttle. We were told where to go and that the shuttle would be there in 15 minutes. We walked directly outside to the pick up spot and I see a shuttle that is pulling out. After a short chase the driver stopped and picked us up. He was aware we were coming but decided he would pick us up "next time" even though he only had 1 passenger on the shuttle. I was tired and was just glad to be on the shuttle. Once we arrived at the hotel we were dropped at the front and took our bags to our vehicle on the end of the building. When I walked around the drivers side I noticed 6 large scratches on both the front and rear doors and the saw another directly across the hood. We loaded our bags and I moved the around to the front of the hotel and went to the front desk. The young lady at the front desk apologized but said she could not come outside to look and had to man the front desk, She said she would write an incident report and the general manager (Justin) would be calling me. I told her that I understood that I had signed a hold harmless agreement and that the hotel was not responsible but that vandalism had not entered my mind. Finally after about 20 minutes of talking she got the bright idea to tell the security guard. He happened to be watching TV in the next room. He walked outside and agreed that it was definitely scratched with a key he thought. I walked him around to where the car was parked and he told me that security does not patrol that area. He told me that the hotel does not have any type of video surveillance on the lot either. He assured me he would write an incident report and also contact the police to report it. We had a 3 hour drive to get home and he said there was nothing more to be done since it was so late (around midnight at this point). He also told us Justin would be calling us. We arrived home on Friday 7/12. Justin (general manager) finally called on Thursday 7/18. Justin was apologetic but wanted to know why a police report was not filed. I told him that the guard was supposed to do it and I asked him what the police could have done anyway. He said that I was probably right and it would have just extended our night. I asked Him why the lot wasn't patrolled and he stated that he had only been the general manager for a short time and didn't know exactly what was patrolled and what wasn't. I suggested that he get some video surveillance on the lot and he responded that if this happened a "few more" times he would need to look into it. At no time did Justin offer any help whatsoever other that to say how unfortunate the incident was. I was already well aware of how unfortunate it was so that bit of advice didn't help either. Bottom line is if you need a cheap place to sleep for a night and want to risk it the hotel will probably work for you but if you want an extended stay (which is what the TownPlace brand is all about) you need to avoid this place like it was full of lepers who have the plague.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make TownePlace Suites Baltimore BWI Airport your home-away-from-home when looking for BWI Airport hotels. Our energy-efficient, LEED-certified hotel is close to Baltimore, Washington Corridor businesses, and attractions like the National Aquarium and Arundel Mills Mall. We are just minutes from BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport and provide a complimentary shuttle to make your travels easier. Our BWI Airport hotel offers spacious one- and two-bedroom suites where you can relax in front of a 32-inch LCD flat-panel HD TV or cook in your own kitchen. Or, take care of business in the privacy of your own in-suite office with a well-lit desk, voice mail and free high-speed Internet. Our hotel's amenities near BWI include a complimentary breakfast buffet and a hot dinner three nights a week. You can also unwind after a long day of work in our Baltimore airport hotel's on-site 24-hour fitness center, or take advantage of our free bike rentals. We offer all of the conveniences you need at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Marriott, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your TownePlace Suites Baltimore BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Baltimore Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Towneplace Suites Linthicum
- Linthicum Towneplace Suites