“Great Value if you use Priceline” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Value if you use Priceline”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I purchased one night "blind" thru Priceline. They gave me TownePlace Suites. It only cost $50. Thus, I cannot complain at all. I was here in mid-April 2013. It must have been after the person who didn't see any yogurt stayed there, because there was plenty of Dannon yogurt during my stay - the cherry-vanilla was especially good. Since I had a Priceline deal, they must have given me the smallest room in the hotel because it was not a suite by any measure. It did have a kitchen area with a quite large refrigerator (almost full, home size). I did see one small ant in the bathroom (room was on the 3rd floor). Also, the drain in both the sink and bathtub did not drain adequately, so I took a shower in an inch of water. One problem is that the water in the shower is only one speed - very fast, so the drain can't match the speed of the water. The breakfast was fine, but the breakfasts at Hampton Inn are better. All in all, at $50 you can't lose.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Spent the night before a flight. Used points, so can't complain about the price. I believe the property may be new, but it is lacking. I would not spend the night there again, if I have the choice.

First room was next to a gentleman screaming into his phone. We requested a room change, which the front desk accommodated.

Was switched into a room that was obviously used by a smoker. Smelled horrible.

The bathtub had rust on it - the water did not properly drain, but puddled.

THe door lock also did not work properly. You had to lean against the door, hard, to get the bolt to latch.

These are easy fixes - hope they complete them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Magnolia, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here since our flight to Florida was very early the following morning. We have 2 small children (2 and 5) and this hotel was great. The only complaint we had was the Internet didn't work for us. We had some trouble connecting to the internet. We did the Park and Stay and left our car there, the shuttle service to the airport was great and was on time and dropped us off at our airline. On the way home we called once we had our bags and someone met us there to help with our bags. I would definitely stay here again when we do another early morning flight from BWI. The kitchen was great and room was very modern.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here for one night for convenience before taking a flight out of BWI the next morning. I was concerned about the prior reviews which mentioned the thin walls, but I did not have any issues hearing noise from other rooms once inside my room. However, upon leaving my room and entering the hallway, I could hear the tv on in the room across the hall from mine. Whether that was due to thin walls or just the fact that the guest had the tv up really loud I am not sure. So in short, I had no issues with noise bothering me inside my room from thin walls. On to the pros and cons:

Pros
-Friendly staff
-Clean rooms (bathroom, sleeping area, cooking area, etc.)
-Nice sized rooms - We stayed in a studio unit with 2 beds and while we did not make use of the refrigerator or stove/oven it was nice to have that available versus what you get in a standard hotel room
-Free breakfast with a nice variety of options
-$5 per day fee to park if you want to leave your car here during a trip out of BWI. Nice discounted price compared to what you would pay for airport parking
-Free shuttle to and from BWI

Cons
-My only issue was the 30 minutes I waited to be picked up by the shuttle once I returned to BWI after my trip. I called about 5:25PM and at about 5:55PM the shuttle still had not arrived. The hotel is about 10 minutes away and while I recognize the shuttle may have other stops to make at other Marriott properties I did not anticipate this long a wait and ended up taking a taxi (about $10) from the airport. Of course as we were pulling onto the main road in the taxi, we saw the shuttle on its way into the airport, but at that point, we probably still would have been waiting another 10 minutes before the shuttle actually got to us. All that being said, the shuttle is a free service the property provides and I do appreciate the fact that it is even offered.

I would stay here again if traveling out of BWI, but not sure I would necessarily use the free shuttle service especially if I had any type of time constraint.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Metro DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel is located in a big hotel neighborhood and is very close to BWI airport. The hotel is nestled back near some woods and didn't have much noise from planes flying overhead. The hotel has four floors as well as a lounge area where they serve breakfast in the morning. The breakfast when I was there (it was a Monday morning) was your basic continental breakfast fare along with scrambled eggs, tater tots, small biscuits, and sausage gravy. The eggs and tots were fine but the gravy left much to be desired. Overall, though, I was happy about the selection. I stayed in a suite (more like a studio) with a queen bed. The room had a full kitchen complete with dishes, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, and two burner stove. For anyone staying there for an extended time, you could definitely prepare some meals there if you didn't want to eat out every night. The room had a large flatscreen tv, armchair, and bed. The mattress was very comfortable. Because the room is so small, the bathroom is very close to the bed. I'm sure this is fine if you're traveling alone, but if you're with a partner, you're going to be very aware of what they're doing in the loo. The hotel is very focused on being environmentally-friendly, so they don't offer the standard miniature toiletries. The shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are kept in pumps attached to the shower wall. They do offer a small bar of soap individually packaged for washing at the sink basin. The only complaint was their "room service". It seems to be something they contracted out to a third party. An order of a sub and fries arrived cold. The chocolate cake was not worth the money. I would definitely order from somewhere outside of the hotel if you want food brought to your room. I was very pleased with this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel face the woods and seemed to be very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Everything was thumbs up!! From the service,room,decor,location,bedding,floorplan etc... The pricing was affordable. I missed the continental breakfast but it smelled delicious. Downside is the walls are rather thin and parking can be scarce but does not take away from the overall rating. I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed February 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Located in the hotel district at BWI, the hotel is clean and well appointed. I was very satisfied with the appearance and value of the hotel upon arrival. Rooms include a managers dinner reception (Mon - Wed) and daily breakfast. The hotel has an outdoor pool (closed in the winter) and BBQ's available as well as a small fitness room with 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals and free weights with marginally enough room to use them. The rooms and property are clean and as is typical with Marriott properties built and maintained very well.

Any esteem I have for his hotel was lost around 5 am as guests began waking up and leaving. While I didn't hear much noise the previous evening, with most rooms quiet in the early morning the hall became an echo chamber! I could hear the elevator like it was in my room, other guest rooms doors opening and closing would startle me awake. People talking in the hall felt like they were right next to me.

I gave the hotel an average rating overall because of the rooms poor soundproofing. As well as an average rating for location - it is simply in a hotel district with 14 other hotels - that isn't an above average location. Contrasted with the significantly above average staff, property construction, maintenance and room appointments / furnishings. The hotel missed what is most important to me - a qiuet room and peaceful sleep.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to TownePlace Suites Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!