“Love it!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

You added Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Perry Hall, Maryland
“Love it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

This place was a very cosi hotel... I really felt like I was home.. everything went smooth and very relaxing... employees were friendly and very helpful.. I really recommend this hotel to anybody traveling for leisure or business.. close to everything! plus they provide a shuttle that runs 24 hours!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Thank you very much for your kind words concerning your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review and telling us how we are doing. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Boston.MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

One night stay. Stayed on upper floor and it took 10 min for hot water to reach shower. No explaination at front desk. Great food and service. Good wings! Spacious room and breakfast good. Very limited parking in front of hotel, seems more like a conference hotel with a rear entrance as well. Friendly staff at desk. Very close to BWI airport, backroads trip was 7min to car rental facility. There are some rather funky Starwood properties in this area and I tried two of them. This is more of your standard hotel. Still charging $10 for internet wired or wireless.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
ltdsocialbwiarundel, Social Marketing Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your review. We appreciate you taking time to review our hotel and the positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back next time.
Sierra Madre, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

I had a club room floor for 4 days. The lounge served a small breakfast with a few hot items each morning as well as free horderves each evening . The room was clean, but the TV if I remember correctly did not receive any HD channels. It also seems outside of each door is a big puddle stain, which looks like someone left dirty snowed covered boots to dry or something. The carpets in the hall could really use a steam cleaning. Nice lobby, pool, plenty of parking behind the hotel. The manager was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a bit bigger than the Aloft hotel and a much nicer bed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
World
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

On day two of my stay at the Sheraton BWI, I arrived back about 10:45pm very tired from a long day. I try my room key. I always ask for 2 just in case one doesn't work. Well, keys one and two did not work. I called the front desk from the lounge and the clerk sent another set of keys via the security guard. Guess what? Those keys did not work either. It just so happened that the engineer was in the hallway. He told me that it wasn't the keys, and that he had to put in a battery.

After waiting an hour and forty five minutes, I was livid. I called the front desk and ask to speak to the front desk manager. The manager tells me that he is going to try another set of keys. And his keys doesn't work. He then tells me he does not know what to do. He actually said to me "What do you want me to do? I am here. I should be home." He then called his chief engineer, who by the way would not answer his phone. The guy seemed clueless, so I told the front desk manager to call the GM (I had to tell him to call). The freaking GM had a master key, which openned the door. OMG...I could have been in my room if they had just called the GM.

So, let's recap: The lady at the front desk sends two sets of keys. The front desk manager tries another set of keys. Now we are at 3 sets of keys. The engineer could not figure out the problem, so they call the chief engineer. The chief engineer would not answer his phone, so they call the general manager at my request. Meanwhile, it takes almost two hours for me to get in my room--almost 1 AM.

What's worse is that no one offered a remedy--only sorries and we don't know why. They did not offer another room. I had to ask for it (didn't take it...needed my luggage, medicine, glasses....). They did not offer a comp breakfast. I had to ask for it.

WARNING - If you stay at the Sheraton BWI, it may take the GM, front desk manager, security, chief engineer, and engineer to check you in because it clearly takes the entire staff hours to do something basic like open a room door. And I hope there's not a real problem like no hot water, they may have to call the president of Starwood Hotels and Resorts for direction.

What ever happened to customers are first, empowered staff, employees who are quick on their feet? I know where they aren't--at the Sheraton BWI.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
SheratonBWI, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Hello and thank you for your review of our hotel. First I want to take the time to apologize for the issue you encountered during your stay. The key system which is operated by an industrial strength battery did seem to be the issue. The master key can temporarily reset the lock so it will work for a limited amount of time so that the battery can be replaced. I apologize for our staff not being better suited to meet your needs in a prompt and professional matter. We our now putting standard operating procedures in place to prevent this from occurring again. Once again please accept my sincere apology and rest assured we will continue to educate and prepare all our associates for these types of situations. Hopefully one day in the future you will give us an opportunity to satisfy your lodging needs.
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

My husband, daughter and I recently stayed for multiple nights in two rooms. Both had the same problems: mold in the shower, dirty tile grout floors in the bathrooms, lack of adequate towels in both rooms every day, and light bulbs that were unscrewed or burned out in bathrooms and on desk. The hallway finishes have literally been beaten up by the cleaning carts. Paint is chipped on doors and walls. Wallcoverings have dings on them. The carpet appears to be coming apart on floors 4 and 2.

The staff is friendly and does provide adequate towels when asked. If two people are staying in a room, a minimum of two bath towels, two hand towels and two wash clothes should be provided without asking.

In the business center, someone had spilled something sticky on the desktop and keyboard (and nothing was cleaned up).

Since this is listed as a "new" hotel (it is actually five years old), headquarters should check out the lack of maintenance being done. I know that hotels are trying to keep costs down, but my rate was not a discount rate.

Both of our hotel rooms (on separate floors) had the same problems.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
ltdsocialbwiarundel, Social Marketing Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, October 18, 2010
Thank you for writing a review based on your recent visit with us at the Sheraton. I apologize for the appearance of the hotel regarding the housekeeping and maintenance issues that you encountered during your stay. I will make sure these departments provide special attention to the areas that you described. Our hotel is actually three years old; it is one of the newest hotels in the BWI area. It is nice to hear that you experienced great customer service from our Associates. Again, thank you for your review and we hope you will give us another opportunity to experience Sheraton.
MIAMI,FLA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

If so, you better be prepared to live out of your vehicle because there is NO drawer space in the entire room, unless you want to have your suitcase on the "park bench" they have under the TV where you can get your daily change of clothes. This room design where you have NO closet space, NO Drawer space HAS to be the worst Sheraton in the USA.

My wife and I walked in and were appalled since we were staying for a week. To load the cart and wheel it back down had me in a bad mood having traveling from DC. The area here has other hotels so I booked across the street in the Staybridge just to be more comfortable where I did have room to put our clothes. You can also choose Embassy Suites too that is nearby. Whoever designed the interior must have not been thinking of families or staying more than one day. Sheraton is becoming to appear like Aloft (another chain that does not accommodate families). If this is their "new unique design" with their new hotels I'll pass on them and stick with the older more comfortable versions

Here's their overview:
Something new is better when shared. Welcome to the beautiful, new Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel – BWI. Our relaxing atmosphere will surround you from the moment you step inside the hotel. Experience our new Link@Sheraton experienced with Microsoft, a lobby lounge offering travelers a convenient online experience and the ability to stay connected to work, family and friends while on the road. We use soundproof glass, and we’re outside the flight path of BWI Airport, so you’ll enjoy peace and quiet in our 203 spacious guest rooms and suites, with their unique design and excellent amenities. Sleep soundly in our plush Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Bed with its welcoming duvet. Catch up on your favorite shows on the 32-inch flat screen LCD TV, or relax in the oversized bath in the deluxe bathroom.

They say SPACIOUS rooms..of course they are without furniture dressers and closets.
*see pics
UNIQUE DESIGN?...It's the worst!
Who cares about Soundproof glass...? Where can I put my socks and underwear..?

Trust me, this place is bad overall and you will be more comfortable staying elsewhere in this area, unless you are by yourself and staying ONLY one day. Starwood made a poor choice in the interior design and they can rectify this by buying 203 dressers and get rid of the park benches and make the stay more comfortable.

Pass on this place, who cares about new...when you have to live out of your car for your socks and underwear and any change of clothes.

A good example of the traditional Sheraton is in New Jersey, Meadowlands. Very comfortable with a congenial Front Desk Manager, named Lynn, who will accommodate your wishes. So if you pass that way in North Jersey, that's the true Sheraton, well worth the trip and stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write about your recent experience with us. I do apologize for the room design not living up to your expectations of a Sheraton. You are correct, there is limited drawer space but our rooms are generous in other respects. I further apologize that you feel we are not family friendly, but we do in fact boast a friendly, accommodating staff, a pet friendly environment, a wonderful indoor pool and state-of-art fitness center and Link at Sheraton, which offers complimentary Microsoft powered Internet. We hope that the next time you are in the area; you will stay with one of our other Starwood Properties such as the Westin or the new Element, which is designed for long term stays. Again, thank you and we apologize for not living up to your expectations.
Grady, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

I booked 2 nights at the Sheraton BWI en route to Germany during a military relocation. I requested a room that allowed dogs and was accommodated with no problems. I had to take a handicap-accessible room since it was the last pet-room available. My experience with this hotel was top-notch from the moment I called from the airport for a shuttle to the hotel. Check-in was a breeze. My room was very clean and smelled great. My bed was very comfortable and the pillows were like poofy clouds. It was strange that there was no microwave or fridge in the room, and that internet access was $9, but the room was very quiet and cozy. I checked out a day early, and was not charged. My internet fees were reversed as well since I am a member of a military family. The shuttle back to the airport was very pleasant and fast. I enjoyed this stay!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Robert4771, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, September 24, 2010
Dear LilRedFoxx,

Thank you very much for your kind comments concerning your stay here at the Sheraton BWI. Our goal is to make everyone who stays with us feel like they are at home. Good luck with your new duty station and we hope to see you on your return to the U.S.
I would also like to personally thank you for your service to our country.

Bob Falk

Been to Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!