“Comfortable updated hotel with airport shuttle service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

You added Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
BALTIMORE
“Comfortable updated hotel with airport shuttle service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We booked the Sheraton on New Year's Eve as we were catching an early flight the next day. I booked this hotel because from all of those in the area, they let you park for up to 10 days. Other area hotels only have up to 7 days to park. The only drawback is that there is no free wi-fi, so we had to use our phones to do the airport check-in. Doesn't make sense that they don't offer free wi-fi specially if you are checking a flight status and other travel related activities. They do have a small "business center".

We arrived at the hotel. The lobby is tastefully decorated with a fireplace in the middle and a restaurant and bar in the back. The hotel staff were cordial and attentive. Our room was a good size and had updated decor. The only thing is that you can hear people talking on the hallways. I wish they would have done a better job soundproofing rooms.

We went to the restaurant/bar area. I have to say we had a pretty decent dinner given how far hotels have gone in offering tasteful meals. The prices were average for any other hotel meal prices. Also the Westin (which is a Starwood property) it's literally across the parking lot, so you have several meal options between the two.

We went to the pool and they have both a heated pool and jacuzzi. They are small, however it was empty that night and they also have a lifeguard at the pool even though it doesn't get deeper than 4 feet.

Shuttle service:
Here is were I feel the hotel needs to improve. I booked this hotel because it cost me about $20 more dollars than paying for the economy lot at the airport. They tell you to give between 10-15 minutes of additional time to wait for the shuttle to come pick you up. Our flight was leaving at 7am. The shuttle to get to the airport arrived at the hotel within 5-7 minutes, it was a quick ride to the airport (3-5 minutes).

However upon our return, I called the hotel while waiting for our luggage because I figured by the time we get our luggage the shuttle would be at the airport. The staff on the phone informed me that I should call them back once I got my luggage because they needed to know we would be outside. So we get our luggage and I called back again and she tells me to wait at the shuttle waiting area outside the airport! Why she didn't inform me of that on my first call. We went outside on the cold weather and waited for over 10 minutes. Finally we gave up and my husband calls, they now inform him that the shuttle driver is getting gas so we should continue waiting for it. Really? We waited a total of 43 minutes...for the shuttle to arrive. I noticed while waiting that the Hyatt airport shuttle was very consistent in looping around... perhaps next time I'll book the Hyatt instead.

I would have hoped that the Sheraton would have a better handle on the shuttle service since people book stays precisely for this service. Improvements are needed before the hotel can continue advertising this package.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Newport, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here twice in the last month and overall were very pleased with our experience. The rooms are nice, shower heads are great, staff is friendly and helpful, and the lobby lounge is great for a relaxing end-of-day cocktail and light supper. Not so great is waiting for shuttle to pick us up at the car rental terminal ( three phone calls to hotel and waiting in the dark in very cold weather, outside) finally arriving over an hour after our call. Terrible was hoping for a nice room service dinner after a long, exhausting day of travel (and waiting for shuttle) but getting no answer to room service call from our room. We even asked the front desk to call for us but still got no answer. Not cool.
On the flip side, when we needed a ride to the airport the desk attendant was about to call the van but then ran out to flag down the Westin shuttle so we could get there faster.
We will stay there again, with the realization that we may be frustrated with some of the hotel's shortcomings, but we will have a clean and comfortable room.

• Stayed December 2014
Shannon A, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your detailed review. I am happy to see that overall you had a great experience with us. I apologize about the challenges you encountered and will share them with our team. Your feedback is essential to our continual improvement and we will look into these areas and find a way to raise the bar on our service. We hope to see you again soon.
Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014

This hotel has lots of potential, but I feel it is not being properly maintained. The entrance is beautiful with lovely furniture, a fireplace, an inviting bar, and friendly staff. However, on my way up to my room, I noticed the floor needed vacuuming. My bed was not made as nicely as expected and there were small, colored spots on the comforter. There was always a huge clump of hair in the trash can.

• Stayed December 2014
Thank you for the feedback. I apologize that you encountered some challenges during your stay. I will share this with our housekeeping team and take the necessary steps to improve our service. We appreciate you selecting our property and hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

The Bar is the best part of the hotel, very vibrant and good food. I liked the hotel a bit older but substantially cheaper then the Westin right next door. Hotel does a lot with the design the have and makes the most of being an Airport Hotel. Elevators could be renewed and I have never liked the Brown Sheraton Color Scheme but perfectly acceptable.

Room Tip: I liked the high floor with access to the club lounge on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Many thanks for the great review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014 via mobile

I had an amazing experience. Juanice and Tamia went above and beyond to help me check in my room and have a wonderful stay. They have a great breakfast in the morning. Its also such a clean and accomidating location. I will defiantly come and stay here everytime im in town!!

• Stayed December 2014
Shannon A, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, December 17, 2014
Thank you for the great review and for mentioning our team members. I am happy to hear that enjoyed your experience with us and hope that you visit again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014 via mobile

Cleanest hotel I've been to all year! The nicest staff, and absolutely the most accommodating! Two ladies in particular made my stay extremely enjoyable & i will definitely be returning! So thanks to them, Juanice and Tamia

• Stayed December 2014
Many thanks for your kind words. We are fortunate to have an amazing team and they were thrilled to read your praise. We hope you return and visit again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2014

My daughter and I had a great stay! The hotel staff was very friendly, even the shuttle bus driver that picked us up from the airport. He was very friendly and helpful. It's always a good feeling to be welcomed, he was the first impression and he did a excellent job! I absolutely loved the style of the hotel. It looks like it's set in the 50's era but not worned. The room was clean the bed was plushed, it was overall a great stay! The hotel shuttle runs 24hrs, all you have to do is go to the front desk and request one and it'll be available within 15 mins. That was very convenient for us. My only complaint would be that the room didn't come with free WIFI. If you wanted WIFI you would have to pay an additional $10 for 24hrs and we were just passing through so it wasn't worth it to me. Other than that I had no problems.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!