“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is close to the airport but very quiet with almost no airplane noise. No loud kids or rowdy partiers for the whole week. We had a handicapped accessible room which I don't recommend--it had a step in shower so the water sprayed out all over the floor, well past the mat. There was also no place to put your soap, shampoo, etc. so you had to keep reaching out and getting it off the sink. There was no counter space unless you count about 6" on each side. No exhaust fan. The room had a grungy feel to it and a funky smell as soon as we walked in. We stayed 7 nights and they only cleaned twice, we had to keep asking for clean towels (we had to use them to mop up the floor so they couldn't be reused). The heater is the in-room kind that was surprisingly noisy for this type of hotel, and we never did get the temp right, it was usually too hot. We were next door to the maid closet and they banged and thumped at all hours. Mattress creaked and it had this crackly quilt which also prevented quality sleep. Bathroom door was frosted glass so if your roomie gets up to the bathroom they either have to go in the dark or wake you up. Faucet is automatic with scalding hot water only, no choice. Bottled water in the room was $3.50, same brand on sale at Walgreens $3.99 for 24. Internet in room is $9.95 per day, free only in common areas. Restaurants in hotel, breakfast not included in room price.

Room Tip: Front gets morning sun. Don't get handicapped room. Don't stay next to the maid closet.
Green Features: They don't change the sheets the whole time you're there. If you want fresh towels you need to ask.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Durango
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I checked in at 2PM and my room was not ready. The front desk clerk wouldn't get off the phone to help me. Question: Doesn't a customer in front of you trump a person on the phone asking for rates? We asked for a shuttle to take us for food while we waited for our rooms to be ready. It took 35 minutes to get a shuttle. It finally came and took us to a restaurant a couple of miles away. Shuttle driver was very kind and courteous. When we called the shuttle back to our restaurant to pick us up, we waited over an hour, and it still never came. Ended up taking a taxi back to the hotel. I got my room key and went up to my room, which was just fine, cleaned and comfortable. I wasn't in my room for 20 minutes when a maid supervisor knocked and walked in without waiting. Luckily I wasn't sleeping or in the shower. I demanded that she leave immediately, and she asked me what I was doing in the room. I told her I paid and that this was my room. I escorted her out and immediately called for the manager on the phone. I got a front desk manager, which I didn't want. I wanted the general manager, whom I was told was unavailable. I told the front desk manager that I was upset and disappointed that the maid supervisor just walked into my room without notice. She offered me 500 points SPG points. Big friggin deal. A hotel room at any respectable SPG property is at least 10,000 points. Whatever. The rest of my night was uneventful. Today, I asked to be taken by shuttle to a restaurant with my crew (6 people) exactly 3 miles away. They were unable to accompany us as their distance limit is 3 miles. I know you are thinking... but that's within the 3 mile limit? So were we. The hotel states that their maps are different than the google maps we use and that the restaurant we wanted to go to was 3.1 miles away. So we again had to call a taxi.
I find this hotel to be most unhospitable, expensive, and the people rude. If my company didn't always look for the lowest bid, I'd never stay here again. One more thing. They stated that the wifi is free, but it is actually $9.95 per day, and slow as molasses in winter.

Room Tip: Go to the Hilton Garden Inn a couple of miles away.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I accompanied another couple celebrating their wedding anniversary. From the moment we walked in, we were welcomed and attended to right away. We were upgraded to the Club Lounge floor and can I tell you this floor is awesome! Our rooms were VERY clean, the bathroom was very roomy and exceptionally clean. The room carpets as well as the hallway carpets were clean without any odors; and that's very important to me. The Club Lounge offered yummy Hors d'oeuvres and breakfast was a nice warm selection, their was also a large array of sodas, water etc. to drink. The location of the hotel was good also, close to many restaurants', malls as well as the Harbor. This was a good choice for our romantic weekend and celebrating our friends anniversary!

Room Tip: The Club Lounge floor is phenomenal.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for one night before early morning flight. Received a very warm welcome on check-in, stayed on the club floor, felt the lounge was not up to par with other Sheraton Hotels. Lounge was lacking in choice of beverages and food.
Rooms were large and well appointed.
Restaurant in the hotel was lacking in atmosphere, compensated for by the friendly, helpful staff
Front desk and restaurant staff were superb

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed one night on September 14, 2014. Olde Line Grill (hotel's restaurant, which I couldn't find listed under Restaurants) served very good food with great service. I had a delicious cajun salmon dinner and a great hot breakfast the following morning. The staff were very friendly and attentive. Tanya and Jan (?) provided excellent, friendly service at breakfast.
The hotel is a great place to stay near the Baltimore Washington (BWI) airport. It's a good value with affordable price, close (but not too close) airport location and convenience. The room was comfortable and quiet, the service was great.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014

When we first entered the hotel we were impressed with the grandeur from this hotel, but what really go our attention was the outstanding staff at check in. In particular, Kiki made us feel like she had been waiting for us all day and was very glad to see us. Funny to say, but after an exhaustive day of travel feeling like you are welcomed home makes you feel relieved. The rooms were spacious and clean and the shuttle accommodations to the nearby restaurants was excellent. The food at the hotel left something to be desired. All of our needs were met promptly, professionally and with concern. Kiki truly made sure that we had our travel correct and with follow through. Not something you see everyday. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was near the elevator and we never heard it or anyone else.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast buffet. I am writing this review mainly because of one of the workers in the dining room, I think her name was Tasha. This hotel is blessed to have Tasha on their team. She started our day out so special while we attended a dental conference that was held at the Sheraton BWI. Our entire dental staff was very impressed with the comfort of the rooms. I'm sure our office will book our next stay at this hotel when we are in Baltimore.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!