“Nice Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

You added Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Cupertino, California
“Nice Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was in Baltimore for some work related training and got an opportunity to stay at this hotel. The check in process was fast and I was given Breakfast vouchers with my stay (they had a deal with my company for free breakfast). The room was really nice, clean and spacious. Breakfast was nothing but awesome. They had eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes, waffles etc. The hotel shuttle provided me ride to my office (less than 2 miles away), they also came to pick me up from my office, which was neat. They had a social hour every evening for people to come and enjoy cocktails and network. The biggest drawback I found in this hotel was it's location. It was a little far from all the eating places (about 2-3 miles) and so options were very limited.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Brian C, AGM at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear toobrown,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests!

In the future, please utilize our shuttle service to transport you to area attractions and F&B venues within a three mile radius. Again, we appreciate your comments.

If there's anything we can do to make your future stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly by dialing the hotels phone number and requesting to be directed to extension 2262. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Brian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My arrival was easy and quick. After I was checked in by the very professional and personable staff, the Assistant General Manager, Brian, walked back out to my car and assisted me with luggage since he could see I was traveling alone with my infant daughter in a carrier. My room was clean, comfy, and cozy. I had club level access. The club is huge and overlooks the whole area surrounding. I didn't use the gym or pool, but I checked them out and they looked nice.

I had dinner in the restaurant. The staff was top notch - and everyone came to check on me and my daughter . The bartender, the server, the supervisor, the room service attendant, even the chef! They made me feel absolutely at home. And the food was outstanding. Wasabi mash potatoes? Whaaaaaat? Awesome. I loved it. To top off the evening, the huge glass shower, and their sweet sleeper bed are definitely features that allow someone to relax after a long day of traveling with a little one.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Life_Enthusiast,

It was an absolute pleasure having you as our guest during your most recent visit to the greater Baltimore area! Thank you for the kind remarks on tripadvisor!

If there's anything more we can do to make your future stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly by dialing the hotels phone number and requesting to be directed to extension 2262. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Sometimes there are people that make your stay an incredible experience. I recently stayed here and arrived having had one of the worst days ever. THANK YOU Ivonne for ALL your attentions! It made my day!

I have to admit there might have been some challenges with the design of the rooms that I was not to happy with, but it is true that sometimes the people and service will over compensate for such shortcomings.

I also want to give a shout out to Ivonne's colleague whom I observed first hand as there were about 5 us checking in at the same time. Amazing at how super efficient and SUPER friendly these two women were with every guest. I normally stay at the Westin next door, but with service like this, I will have to reconsider on my next visit.

Room Tip: If you are in need of plenty of closet or storage, a manager told me that they can add a dresser. Th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear SPGDaveDrew1108,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us in regards to your most recent stay at the Sheraton BWI Airport Hotel! Your comments are very important to us.

We have recognized Yvonne and the FD associate that was scheduled during your welcome process and shared your positive experience with them. It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests.

Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

What more can one ask of an "Airport" hotel? A few minutes drive on winding back roads for the rental car pickup, right off the highway but far enough to be nice and quiet, the attentive SPG staff that one comes to expect (but only wishes for elsewhere), and a short hop from the local mall meaning lots of opportunities to shop for everything from hunting supplies to clothes and still have time for something affordable food-wise.

Room Tip: End of the halls are perfect
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear anton_new_england,

We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

A 5-star staff with decent accommodations. An interrupted flight led to an overnight stay and came in disoriented. The staff went out of their way to make sure i was taken care of. They did an amazing job in making me feel like my needs were important and did so in a way that made it clear they were expressing themselves as genuinely caring people. From the front desk woman who came over to make sure i could order the right choices on the menu when i was too tired to think straight to the staff member who went out of his way to look for an Iphone5 charger when i was desperate to call out of the country to distraught family with my dying phone due to my lost charger... Great management to ensure the staff were motivated to be genuinely caring and concerned to make sure their guests needs were met beyond the normal niceties...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hello BizTravelFun!

Thank you for the positive feedback in regards to your most recent stay at the Sheraton BWI Airport Hotel. We sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Warm regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

It started with the long shuttle wait (30 min plus). After the shuttle arrived, the driver was very nice, however. Check in was less the exceptional. I wasn't recognized for being a gold, when I asked about the free drink amenity I was told they weren't allowed because of some county alcohol rule. Free internet wasn't offered.

When I arrived at my room, a small daycare must have been sharing the room next to me because all I heard was loud kids screaming, yelling, and banging on the walls. I promptly contacted the front desk who changed my room quickly. The new room was much quieter, however the room was till very tired looking. The linens looked liked they had lived well beyond their life span. The bathroom floor grout looked liked it hadn't been scrubbed in years. Overall the room seemed tired, dirty, and not updated. Being that I was was supposed to be here for three nights, I couldn't handle it. I contacted SPG Customer Service to switch hotels.

After about 20 minutes on the phone, they were able to cancel my reservation at the Sheraton (even though the front desk manager initially wanted to charge a cancellation fee) and rebooked me next door at the Westin where I've stayed before. The Westin hands down is a nicer property, clean, smelled nice, great staff. Upon checkin at the Westin, they apologized, offered me a free drink AND free internet, and thanked me for my loyalty to the brand. This is what it's all about folks. Not looking for a butt-kissing, just simple courtesy and a clean room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Brian C, Assistant General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hello zxcv6,

Please accept my most sincere apologies in regard to your recent stay. I have met with my Front Office Management Team to look into the welcome process at the frond desk and enhance the guests experience for future stays.

To our valued, Gold SPG members, we do extend a welcome amenity. Unfortunately, we do not provide complimentary alcoholic beverages as an option at this time. In regards to the complimentary transportation services to and from the airport, we quote approximately 30 minutes to all guests as does the Westin across the street. As part of your Gold status benefit with SPG, you do receive complimentary internet. We will condition the FD team to remind all our Gold SPG members of their benefits moving forward.

Your feedback is very important to us! Thank you for taking the time to generate your comments in regards to your most recent stay.

Bargersville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Best hotel to stay at in Baltimore hands down! The room was wonderful and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I had the pleasure of speaking with Mr. Colliton upon checking in and must say he is a major asset to the company. He was kind enough to give us recommendations for our sight seeing the next day in D.C. and asked us how our drive to the hotel was. My guest and I thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant near the lobby of the hotel and I highly recommend the salmon. Our waiter, Charles, was a class act and attended to all of our needs. I give this hotel my highest praise and I know I will be staying here next time I am in town.

Room Tip: Club lounge is definitely worth the extra expense!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Brian C, AGM at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you, Justin J. for your positive feedback! We truly enjoyed serving you during your most recent stay and look forward to your visit in the near future. Again, thank you!

Warm regards,

Brian

Been to Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!