“Really Great Find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

You added Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
San Antonio, Texas
“Really Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed here the night before flying out of Baltimore - at the end of our visit. The facilities are great and the service even better. We arrived early to drop off our luggage, then return our rental car and shuttle back to the hotel. Our rooms weren't ready but the front desk immediately tagged our luggage and stored it, then put a rush on preparing our rooms. When we returned our room was ready and it was wonderful - big, comfy, any amenity you would want. We were concerned about getting to church, but the shuttle driver informed us they would take us anywhere within a 3 mile radius, then told us where the church was and delivered us to the front door. We decided to eat in the bar area and spent an enjoyable evening chatting with the bartenders and learning their adventures coming to the US from Russia. Loved it! I would definitely recommend this hotel -

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton BWI to be your home away from home. I really appreciate your feedback and your business. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for any of your needs. … thanks and safe travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed during a recent trip to Key West as a park and fly from BWI. Had a mixup initially as we assumed our reservation was at the Four Points Sheraton where we have stayed numerous times for park and fly trips. This hotel is still relatively close to BWI and is a much newer, more updated property and our room was very nice. We did not have a mini fridge in our room which was surprising and very disappointing. The service at both the front desk and the restaurant was just average. Much of that was made up on our return trip home as the young man who picked us up in the shuttle provided exceptional service and drove us directly to our car and helped stow our luggage in the trunk even - wish I had gotten his name!

Room Tip: Check before booking to know whether or not you have a mini-fridge in the room.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I am sorry but I do not believe everything I read till I experience it by myself. This my third time staying and my first time reviewing. The Sheraton in BWI is consistently delivering great service and great food, I am never disappointed on my last visits. I am a contractor and I am doing work in the area and I told my company about the hotel. I am coming back in 2 weeks and I am sure I will be getting the same fantastic service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Langley, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Last time I stayed at the 4 Points Sheraton which was very close to the airport and excellent. Unfortunately I made a mistake on my web booking and ended up with this other Sheraton. What a contrast!
They took 45 minutes to pick me up mainly because the person who answered the phone had such a poor level of English that I could not understand where to meet the van (they refuse to pick up at American airlines where I arrived). My first room had no bath plug and nobody was available to fix it. My second room only had a shower. My third room had a working bath but the thermostat was set to 75 degrees and despite being adjusted to 65 degrees the room was still at 75 by morning. Very uncomfortable night. The so-called free breakfast closed at 9.00 on Sunday morning (6.00 Pacific time). Odd that an airport hotel has no concept of jet lag. The duty staff tried their best but there was no sign of any anagement presence,
To summarise: Motel 6 service at Sheraton prices. Pity - its an impressive looking place, but all sizzle and no steak!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and I have traveled around the world and we have always try to give good reviews of the hotels we stood at, even if they did not warrant such reviews. The Sheraton at BWI was by far the WORST hotel we have ever stood in and we do not recommend this hotel to anybody.

We arrived at this hotel around 02:00h on the 2nd of Nov. 2013. Upon our arrival in the hotel the girl at the reception actually rolled her eyes at us, as if we were bothering her. She did not greet us, but instead waited for us to introduce ourselves and to state the nature of us disturbing her. She did not look directly at us, but instead behind or beside us. She gave us the room key and did not even notify us as to the location of the room or over the hotel amenities.

The staff NEVER greeted the guest and you could be happy if the staff would even give you a reply after you greeted them. The night watchman was none professional and very rude to guest. Our room was NEVER vacuumed and we were given only one towel for two people 4 nights in a row.

As a former Hotel manager and current IT manager, I believe that the hotel manager should be fired, because he is doing a bad job at day-to-day management of a hotel and its staff through his lack of planning, organizing and directing of all hotel services, including front-of-house (reception, concierge, reservations), food and beverage operations, and housekeeping.

Room Tip: I suggestion for travelers to choose a good room is to simply choose a different hotel.
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We needed a hotel that was centrally located and near the BWI Amtrak station, and as we are usually happy with the Starwood brand, we chose this Sheraton. First, the pros: 1) Our room was clean and spacious. 2) The staff was very friendly and helpful (particularly the shuttle driver). 3) The location was perfect for us. Now the cons: 1) We stayed for two nights, but our room was not made up after our first night - to be fair, we did not mention this, as it wasn't a huge deal, but I was surprised. 2) We paid a little more to be on the club floor even though we knew we would only be able to take advantage of the breakfast. That worked for the first day, but on the second day, pretty much everything was gone by 9:00am, including the milk in the coffee machine. I thought things would be replenished (I did call down to request milk, but we needed to leave before it was refilled), but was told that breakfast was only served from 6-9am. I was a little surprised, as it was a Sunday, but even so, it would have been nice to have been told that when we checked in. 3) Lastly, the Club Lounge became the private party lounge in the late evening hours. Both on the night of our arrival and on the next night, the room was filled with people socializing (in lieu of hanging out in their rooms, I suppose) and being quite loud. Again, we did not call to complain, but it's worth noting that the Club Floor may not be the best choice for a quiet night in your room (and yes, we could hear them from our room a few doors down). Overall, a decent value, but we'd probably choose another hotel next time.

Room Tip: Avoid being located anywhere near the Club Lounge as it can be quite noisy in the late evening hours...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked this hotel last minute through Hotwire, and not only did I get a very reasonable rate, but the staff was more than accommodating with a few of my last minute requests. The room was large, clean, and extremely comfortable! I ordered dinner from the restaurant and had one of the best gyros I've ever eaten! I was only in town for the night but I was wishing I could have stayed longer. The airport shuttle was convenient for me and got me to the airport in plenty of time. I will definitely be back next time I'm in Baltimore!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!