“MAYBE A COINCIDENCE BUT NOT WORTHY OF THE SHERATON NAME” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

You added Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
New York City, New York
“MAYBE A COINCIDENCE BUT NOT WORTHY OF THE SHERATON NAME”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Booked on line looking forward to a comfortable night sleep on a stop between DC and home in New York. Chose Sheraton for just such comfortable rest but everything went wrong:
1- Desk claimed not have the Hotel.com reservation, even as I showed them the e-mail message with confirm number.
2- After 10 minutes of haggling, manager agreed to check us on but on my credit card, pending his "checking up in things".
3- Late in the evening we were woken by pounding on the door. To our question of "who is it?", a young male voice answered: "Oops, we made a mistake"' Apparently the rooms around ours were occupied by teenagers and young people who made loud noises well into the late evening both in the rooms and the hallway.
4- Later the fire alarm went off and we were told to leave immediately and meet in the lobby avoiding the elevators. Fine, but I am a semi disabled individual and no one assisted me as I negotiated the stairs one step at a time at great discomfort.
5- In the lobby, complete chaos as apparently the right hands did not know what the left hands were doing. Apparently someone was smoking in the elevator setting off the alarm. Big deal! The fire dept came and cautioned the staff to do a better job of controlling the situation next time. Furthermore, the elevator would not reset itself even as the fire alarm had been disabled. No one is telling us how or if to get back to our rooms, until we all walked back up the stairs.
6- Next morning I phoned Hotel.com to make sure they had resolved the situation of my check in. They said they did and that they had contacted the hotel desk manager.
7- We go to check out and we are told that our credit card has been charged for the night as Hotel.com had not contacted them. WHAT A BUNCH OF INCOMPETENTS!.
As of now I still don't know if I have been charged twice.
Bottom line: Great hotel (Sheraton, of course), but the entire front office and managerial staff deserve to be fired.

Room Tip: Beware of stupid staff
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stay here frequently for business. The hotel staff are friendly and the rooms are comfortable and clean. This week a co-worker and myself finally ate at the Olde Line Restaurant in the Hotel. The Pork Shot appetizer tasted like a cheap over cooked pork chop. She then ordered the tuna rare and got it 2 minutes of grill time away from being a can of tuna. I had the pasta and the sauce was tasteless. If you want a nice room at a good price this is the place. If you want dinner go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go for the club floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton BWI to be your home away from home. I really appreciate your feedback and your business. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for any of your needs. … thanks and safe travels
Longmont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

No complaints. The suite was clean. The king bed was very comfortable with wonderful covers and decent pillows. The view was pretty from our 5th floor windows. Toiletries were very nice. We enjoyed a wonderful meal in the restaurant. We are in the area twice a year for assemblies and would be happy to stay here every time.

Room Tip: Our suite was on the back of the building overlooking the highway and we thought it was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Everywhere USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel is absolutely perfect for a night's transfer from the Baltimore Airport! The first time we stayed here was due to Hotwire's Secret Rate, but this time it was a purposeful pick! And once again it was perfect! The free airport shuttle is timely, professional, & friendly. Check in is quick & helpful. The room is large, clean & comfortable. The bed is awesome & the morning shower is in a bathroom that is large, with loads of hot water! Wish we had more time to stay here!

Room Tip: I think they are all good!
Quinlan, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Every time I'm in Baltimore I stay at the Sheraton!! The staff are all professional. The front desk guy Kenneth is always smiling, randy in the restaurant is always nice. The food is amazing and the beds are so comfy and soft. The rooms are always clean And housekeeping always puts extra coffee in my room like i ask

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Very comfortable king bed with 4 large pillows. Climate controlled. Great shower (no tub, which was more than fine with us). Three-night stay. Not generous with toiletries or towels, but then we didn't ask for more either. In-room coffee maker with Starbucks coffee provided. Booked through AAA - great rates. Enjoyed the hot tub; pool had a life-guard during open hours (a county law, I believe) -- haven't experienced that elsewhere. We used the shuttle between this Sheraton and "Michener's Pub" at the Four Points Sheraton. More than adequate continental breakfast for ~$9 included hot oatmeal. Definitely would return!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

What can I say? Everything was perfect. Shuttle picked me and another guest up with in 5 minutes. Checked in and was in my room 5 minutes after we got there. The staff was helpful. They assisted me in making dinner reservations downtown Baltimore and even printed directions.

The room was about what I expected.It was clean and had everything it's supposed to. We didn't have any special needs. Somehow I think the staff could accommodate them though.

Next day we had breakfast there. Very good. Especially for hotel breakfast. Frequent travelers know what I mean. So that night we ate at their restaurant. OMG! It was so delicious. Short bbq ribs with garlic mashed potatoes. It was better than the food we ate downtown. And the waiter was very good. Made sure to check on me, but not when I had a mouthful of food. And what impresses me even more is there was a wedding going on and the guest were in and out of the ballroom. Some were in the bar/restaurant. But the staff professionally attended the wedding guest, the other patrons, & us.

It was a short trip, and I won't be in Baltimore for at least 8 months, but I'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a suite.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, October 10, 2013

Been to Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!