Booked on line looking forward to a comfortable night sleep on a stop between DC and home in New York. Chose Sheraton for just such comfortable rest but everything went wrong:
1- Desk claimed not have the Hotel.com reservation, even as I showed them the e-mail message with confirm number.
2- After 10 minutes of haggling, manager agreed to check us on but on my credit card, pending his "checking up in things".
3- Late in the evening we were woken by pounding on the door. To our question of "who is it?", a young male voice answered: "Oops, we made a mistake"' Apparently the rooms around ours were occupied by teenagers and young people who made loud noises well into the late evening both in the rooms and the hallway.
4- Later the fire alarm went off and we were told to leave immediately and meet in the lobby avoiding the elevators. Fine, but I am a semi disabled individual and no one assisted me as I negotiated the stairs one step at a time at great discomfort.
5- In the lobby, complete chaos as apparently the right hands did not know what the left hands were doing. Apparently someone was smoking in the elevator setting off the alarm. Big deal! The fire dept came and cautioned the staff to do a better job of controlling the situation next time. Furthermore, the elevator would not reset itself even as the fire alarm had been disabled. No one is telling us how or if to get back to our rooms, until we all walked back up the stairs.
6- Next morning I phoned Hotel.com to make sure they had resolved the situation of my check in. They said they did and that they had contacted the hotel desk manager.
7- We go to check out and we are told that our credit card has been charged for the night as Hotel.com had not contacted them. WHAT A BUNCH OF INCOMPETENTS!.
As of now I still don't know if I have been charged twice.
Bottom line: Great hotel (Sheraton, of course), but the entire front office and managerial staff deserve to be fired.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - Bwi Hotel Linthicum
- Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - Bwi Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Linthicum
- Sheraton Linthicum
- Linthicum Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel-BWI is located near BWI Airport, with complimentary shuttle service to and from our hotel, we are right in the heart of the Baltimore Gateway Community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Starwood, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Fareportal , Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.