“Good modern hotel near BWI” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #17 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Washington DC
“Good modern hotel near BWI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel the night before catching an early flight out of BWI.

Location:The hotel is about 6 minutes away from the airport. Used the shuttle and had to wait about 20 minutes since it had just left the airport when we arrived. Upon leaving, didn't have to wait at all. Shuttle service is good and reliable.

Service: Front desk staff are correct and solve the issues presented to them, but are not very welcoming.

Rooms: Stayed in a club floor room. Room was nice and spacious, though very few accessible power outlets (none that I found near the bed, and just one available in the desk - unacceptable for business standards, and really don't understand why hotels don't spend some money retrofitting and adding desk level and nightstand level power and usb outlets).

Dining: The restaurant is actually very good for an airport hotel, with a way better menu than that of the adjacent Westin. The breakfast spread at the lounge club is good; the club is a little small though we had breakfast at opening time (6 am) and it was empty. Had dinner at the restaurant.

Overall, a solid property and great value for money. I would recommend it for stays before early flights from BWI or with a park-and-fly package.

Room Tip: Club floor rooms are nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton BWI to be your home away from home. I really appreciate your feedback and your business. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for any of your needs. … thanks and safe travels

381 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Sippersfeld, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We are a military family with 2 dogs that was coming back to the states from Germany after 4 years. Not looking forward to a long flight with the puppies who had never flown before. I have stayed in many Sheratons and love the comfort of the beds and the rooms. The bonus for this hotel was that it was pet friendly. I received a welcome e-mail from the general manager, Emile C. Debsia. When I responded that we were coming with dogs he worked with me regarding their hotel stay. They stay started out with two shuttle drivers showing up to help us with all the luggage and two large kennels. They were kind and treated our pets as family members. Check in was simple and the staff all worked to get our room ready early and help us with our bags. Every person we met was helpful, friendly and so loving to our dogs. Room was perfect – bed was amazing and AC was a total blessing!!! Unfortunately, one of the puppies suffered a nervous stomach from the trip and had an accident. The staff was amazing and was able to clean the carpet without having to replace the soiled tiles. They kept me up to date on the status and let me know there would be no additional charges due to their exceptional abilities. Kudos to the front desk assistant, Achrechia and Emile for their help and positive attitudes. I give this hotel my highest recommendation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel is a good choice if you want to be close to BWI airport, otherwise the location is fairly isolated in an office park and requires transportation for restaurants, etc. The restaurant at the hotel is OK, but very open and not all that welcoming.

Check in went smoothly and we stayed on the Club Lounge floor. The club is cozy and somewhat small with a limited breakfast offering. There is a nice workout facility and a small indoor pool. I would stay here again when booking a hotel near BWI.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Northern NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I enjoyed our stay here even though we did not need the airport location (although it is nice proximity to the airport). We were treated very well from the moment we arrived and impressed by how updated and well-maintained the hotel is, especially given the amount of traffic they must get. The bathroom is a little dated and the tile could use a little freshening, but even that is a minor issue and hardly worth noticing. The pool area is small but clean. I was impressed that they not only had a Gideon's Bible but they actually have it out in the open in plain view!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Oldtown, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I did an overnight stay due to an early flight and the distance from our home to BWI. The room was huge, clean, and comfortable. The one drawback was Complimentary WIFI in the lobby area only. For Internet service in the room there was a $10.00 charge and when you're checking in @ 2200 and checking out @ 0630 that is tooo costly. And truthfully the last thing we want to do after a 3 hour drive is sit in the lobby to check our email, ect especially when we are paying for a comfortable room.
On our arrival, we were greeted with a huge smile and a sincere Good Evening. The Front Desk Receptionist was Acrecia. She was very pleasant, cheerful, and you could tell she truly loved her job. After checking us in, she made it a point to come from behind the front desk, greet us again and took the time to tell us all the extras the hotel had to offer, ie swimming pool, weight room, business area with computers, ect and their locations. Multiple times she asked if we had everything we needed or if there was anything she could do to make our stay more enjoyable.
Acrecia's pleasant demeanor and her sincerity to ensure we had a pleasant stay is very rare in the customer service field now-a-days.
After retiring to our room, my wife and I found ourselves amazed with the personalized treatment we had just received from Acrecia and agreed not only would we stay at this hotel again, we would be recommending it to our friends that travel through the area. We made it a point to leave a letter for the hotel manager about the service we received from Acrecia because she is undoubtedly an asset.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Good size room, very comfortable bed.
swimming pool and hot tub were also good sized.. not sure why the pool.. only issues i had was that the pool closed at 10 and didn't open til 10.. since you have to be over 18 to be in the pool alone not sure why they have this restriction... i would have loved a midnight swim when i couldn't sleep...
wifi was $10 a day shoudl be free to paying guests...

Front desk and room service Staff was very friendly and accommodating...
the cleaning personal however should watch their arguing and foul language when the elevator doors open and they have guests on them especially when there are children. one side of the elevator opens to the laundry area or something and there were a group of cleaning staff screaming and yelling obcenities...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hereford, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

After a particularly bad stay at a chain hotel in Aberdeen, this place looked like heaven. But that aside, I did think it was very nice. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable, the bathroom very clean. Hot water (ok my last hotel didn't have that...), nice towels. Location near the airport was good, I dropped off the rental car shortly after checking in and just relied on the hotel shuttle. The fitness room was very nice. Service extremely pleasant. I liked the restaurant too, I thought the food and prices were pretty good compared to many hotel restaurants. My shuttle pick-up was a little slow (30 minutes) but to be fair there was some pretty lousy traffic and I think someone else who called first was lost and couldn't be found. The return trip to the airport in the morning was fast. I wish one didn't have to pay for the internet in the rooms, but it was free in the lobby and the restaurant. Breakfast was also at a cost but the continental buffet was just fine for me. Bottom line, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, August 11, 2013

Been to Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!