“Nice hotel VERY FREINDLY STAFF” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #17 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel VERY FREINDLY STAFF”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Good size room, very comfortable bed.
swimming pool and hot tub were also good sized.. not sure why the pool.. only issues i had was that the pool closed at 10 and didn't open til 10.. since you have to be over 18 to be in the pool alone not sure why they have this restriction... i would have loved a midnight swim when i couldn't sleep...
wifi was $10 a day shoudl be free to paying guests...

Front desk and room service Staff was very friendly and accommodating...
the cleaning personal however should watch their arguing and foul language when the elevator doors open and they have guests on them especially when there are children. one side of the elevator opens to the laundry area or something and there were a group of cleaning staff screaming and yelling obcenities...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton BWI to be your home away from home. I really appreciate your feedback and your business. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for any of your needs. … thanks and safe travels

382 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Hereford, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

After a particularly bad stay at a chain hotel in Aberdeen, this place looked like heaven. But that aside, I did think it was very nice. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable, the bathroom very clean. Hot water (ok my last hotel didn't have that...), nice towels. Location near the airport was good, I dropped off the rental car shortly after checking in and just relied on the hotel shuttle. The fitness room was very nice. Service extremely pleasant. I liked the restaurant too, I thought the food and prices were pretty good compared to many hotel restaurants. My shuttle pick-up was a little slow (30 minutes) but to be fair there was some pretty lousy traffic and I think someone else who called first was lost and couldn't be found. The return trip to the airport in the morning was fast. I wish one didn't have to pay for the internet in the rooms, but it was free in the lobby and the restaurant. Breakfast was also at a cost but the continental buffet was just fine for me. Bottom line, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was ok it looked like it needed a face lift. Bathroom a very small and awkward, very small closet space. They were touch painting the hallways during mid evening. A lot wear and tear and it's showing. The food was very expensive. Parking not well thought out. I don't think I will stay their again.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff. If you are a Starwood Preferred member, the club level has nice amenities. The best part about this hotel if the workout room. Which features free weights and various machines. Rooms are extremely clean and have very comfortable beds.

• Stayed July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My stay at the BWI Sheraton provided everything that I wanted for a quick, pre-airport hotel stay. The shuttle, which picked me up from the BWI rail station before check in and then dropped me off at the airport the next morning, took less than ten minutes to arrive each time. Check-in was quick, and the staff couldn't have been much friendlier. The room was relatively large, on par for a 3-star hotel, and the bed was comfortable.

No complaints.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Easy check in. I paid for the upgrade to the club floor, and it was fantastic. Everything has been redone - the rooms look and feel brand new. The bed is wonderful and there is a comfy bathrobe in the room, which I love. Soft drinks and water were available in the club lounge, and I just sat in there for most of the evening and enjoyed the free wifi and the free snacks. I had to have something couriered over from another hotel, no problem getting it collected and sent up to my room. I had an issue with a very amorous couple next door, it was resolved. The gym is great - well appointed, not busy and has some really good information posted for anyone who may not have their own workout planned but wants to stay active while travelling. The pool was small but nice, I did not use it, but you access it through the fitness centre. I did not try the restaurant. My one major issue was scheduling the airport shuttle - ask them to be very specific about how you schedule your departure. They told me to come down thirty minutes before I wanted to BE at the airport. Upon coming down (not ready to leave, giving a 30 minutes heads up) I found out they only have one shuttle on in the morning, and if you miss it, you're going to have to wait until they drop off and return. I did not miss my flight because I always give myself an extra hour for getting to an airport in a city I've never been in, but had I left it to the very last minute I would have missed my flight. My favourite part was the espresso machine - I did not get to take advantage of the free breakfast due to the issue with airport pickup, but I did get a good caffeine fix. Would stay again for sure. I enjoyed this hotel far more than the much pricier resort hotel I stayed at for the first part of my trip. And they provided little shower scrubbies, which I thought was a nice touch. I also liked the toiletries. It was about 20 minutes in a cab to anywhere, though - so if you're looking for a vacation spot, this might not be ideal.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the club floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel was recommended to us by a friend. We stayed on the 4th floor during the July 4th weekend. The hotel is located off a highway;there are not many dinning options nearby. The location is ideal for those who need to be near the airport. The lobby, reception area, bar/restaurant left a positive impression.
It didn't take long for that impression to change. Upon exiting the elevator to the 4th floor, we were confronted with construction tools and ripped carpeting. Apparently, they are replacing the carpet.The tools were not removed during our entire stay! There was masking tape on the carpet as you enter the hallway from the elevator. I actually tripped on uneven flooring as I walked down the hall to my room. Unbelievable!
The room is your standard hotel room; it defintely does not warrant 3 stars. It seems that the renovation did not extend to the rooms. There were stains on the carpet, dirty tile grout, and stains on the wall near the door entrance and wallpaper. The sink area provided only 1 hand soap and a hair dryer. Around 6am, I heard some drilling down the hall-really?
I can't comment on the pool area since we were told it was closed when we attempted to use. Apparently, Sheraton guests are able to use Westin's facility. It's another starwood property. To say the least, I was disappointed with our stay.
My family and I travel extensively. We have previously stayed at other Sheratons, however, this particular property leaves a negative impression of the chain. I was disappointed with this property's lack of upkeep. I would not recommend this hotel as there are many other options close by. We wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!