“Excellent - They know how to keep their guests happy!” 5 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 8 sites
Save Saved
You added Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent - They know how to keep their guests happy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is one of my experiences where the General Manager reached us out a day before our arrival asking if they can do anything to make our stay memorable - That tells me how wonderful they are and care about their guests. I am an elite member and asked them if it is possible for an upgrade and they upgraded us to the club level (6th floor).

Location: Close to the airport and the hotel runs the shuttle 24hrs on demand. After our arrival, we called the front desk and they directed us to the door number and in less than 20 minutes, there was a shuttle and took us to the hotel. The shuttle drivers are also friendly!! The Westin and the Sheraton are next to each other and they share the same shuttle.

Front Desk: I interacted with few people and they were great.

Rooms: Totally 6 floors, the 6th level is the club level. Decent rooms, contemporary style, huge desk, comfortable chair and a sofa, adequate lighting, blinds are stylish(not the traditional one's which you see in every property), decent closet size. There was no bath tub in our room, a stand-in shower with sliding glass doors and is perfect. Typical sheraton branded toiletries were stocked and wish the towels were little softer. I noticed the bulbs in some of the lamps are not energy savings one's, surprising!

There is a lounge on the club level which is opened 24hrs - Coffee/Tea/Soft-drinks are available - I noticed couple of days, around 10pm, they ran out of everything in the fridge - haven't called the front desk to check if they can refill but I am sure they might. Breakfast is also served until 9am, not a lot of variety but the basics are covered - scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels, toast bread, cereal, joghurt.

Restaurant - There is a restaurant in the property and we did dine-in once and was OK.The staff was great and very friendly.

There is a fitness center, a pool and we haven't used it. There are few desktops and a printer right next to the reception to surf internet or to print something. We tried to print pdf files but couldn't open them, not a big deal!!

The property also have a lot of parking space, sounds like it is also an option for park-n-ride because of the proximity to the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that we could accommodate you during your stay. We certainly want to make sure we are doing everything we can to take care of our guests each and every time at our property. I have passed on your comments to my department heads to make sure we are providing the highest level of service in all our outlets. We do have some older light bulbs we are transitioning to all high efficiency lighting but still have a few older bulbs waiting to be used and then of course recycled. Thank you once again and we hope to see you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I traveled to Baltimore on business today and had the most wonderful experience beginning with my shuttle driver, Frederick E. He was so professional and really made a point to make sure I was comfortable. This was important for me because I'm disabled and have a hard time walking long distances. Frederick's kindness to me and everyone else he transported was wonderful and he should be commended for being so supportive and caring to his customers.

Room Tip: They are all beautiful.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. It is always such a pleasure to get feedback from our guests. I am so glad you were able to have such an experience with one of our most veteran associates. He truly enjoys very much what he does and as you know he is quite good at it. Thank you once again, Frederick was elated to see his name being recognized in such a delightful way.
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Sheraton BWI Hotel is a newer looking seven year old property located approximately 2 miles from the airport on a road in a commercial area surrounded by other airport hotels. It is not to be confused with the Four Points by Sheraton although it often is. About a mile away you will find a few chain restaurants, a Wendy's, a 7-11, and an Indian restaurant.

The shining star at this hotel is the positive attitude in customer service which starts with the General Manager, Emile. I had booked an "Accessible" room to acommodate my disability. For the first time in my traveling career, I was contacted by e-mail the day before by Emile himself to confirm what type of disabled room would be appropriate for my stay. If other hotels would do this, I could save countless time and return trips to the front desk to change rooms.

I called Emile upon reading his e-mail, and we had a wonderful conversation about customer service. He asked me what time I was checking in, and he made it his business to be there to greet me personally. Outstanding. Jumping in at the front desk was Restaurant Manager, Randy whose attitude and service matched the GM's.

While I was in BWI with my cousin and a friend to try a few restaurants we saw on DDD, Emile told us the virtues of his restaurant and the fine dining we were sure to experience if we ate there. Randy talked about the Tiramisu, and we agreed to have dessert there Sunday night. Once we did, Randy called his pastry chef to make sure portions were set aside and made fresh on Sunday. (More on Dinner at the end).

I was offered Complimentary Internet and Club Access due to a miscommunication when I called a week earlier to the front desk about those subjects.

The room assigned was an Accesible Double with a roll in shower (#337) and was almost as far away from the elevator as it could be. I thought it was too far to be a disabled room. The furniture was basic Sheraton with an armoire, a computer desk, two double beds, and an LCD flat screen with a horrible picture because it is an analog signal as oppossed to digital.

The Club Lounge had 24 hour Coke, Diet Coke, and Bottled Water. Evening Hors Deurves were offered in the evenings, and complemantary breakfast from 6-9AM. The food was not good, but for a nibble, it would do.

As it happened, Saturday night had a snow and freezing rain event, and our group of 3 decided to stay put rather than drive in unfamiliar territory on ice. "Perfect!", I thought to experience the fine dining in the hotel as extolled by the GM.

We went downstairs at about 7:30PM. It is a 55 seat restaurant with about 12 diners when we arrived. Soon afterward, the place was full with other ice bound travelers. The restaurant was ill-suited for a full house, and a room service waitress was pressed into service in the dining room.

I ordered the Pork Shots appetizer ($10) which was advertised as being served in glasses, but was indeed served on a flat plate because, as we were told, too many of the glasses were getting broken. I found the sauce to be spicy although I am not one for "hot" foods, and the pork was chewy. Temperature was lacking, and if we weren't so hungry, it would have gone back. My cousin ordered the Beef and Cheese soup, and he did send it back for reheating because he said it was delicious and worth trying hot.

I ordered the add-on Caesar salad ($2). The waitress said the dressing was made in-house, although it tasted like bottled dressing and the plate had just enough lettuce to cover the bottom. Would not order it again.

My main course was the highly recommended Crab Cakes billed as the Best In Town ($26) and featuring 2 cakes at 8 ounces each. Perhaps the best in Linthicum MD, but not in Baltimore. In fact the three of us ordered the same entree. I ordered the red bliss potatoes and wilted spinach sides.

Upon delivery, the entrees were cold, and we all sent them back. When they were re-delivered, we were all given someone else's entree. We could tell by where each of us took our first bite of the original order. To this point, I still don't feel that the Management saw the gravity from a sanitary poin-of-view of this error.

I sent mine back for a complete redo, and my friend gave up completely until we remninded him why we were there in the first place so he reordered the NY Strip which he said was good, not great. My redo came out underdone, but I just wanted to eat already (2 hours had passed).

We had dessert, and the Manager Randy, who had been constantly coming over to apologize came over and adjusted $50 off the check and comped the desserts.

I would absolutely stay here again if I have secured alternate dining arrangements.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. It was a pleasure to meet and spend some time with you during your stay with us. I appreciate you kind words about myself and the staff. We certainly work hard to make sure we are doing everything possible to help our guests have a positive stay with us. I am sorry to hear about our shortcomings in the restaurant the night you chose to dine with us. We certainly are capable of better and I assure you my culinary team took every word to heart to make sure we rectify these issues. Hopefully we will see you again in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night after a long day of travel from Puerto Rico. Reception was smooth and quick and the clerk was informative and friendly. Room was nice, bed was very comfy and bathroom decent size. Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. I am glad to hear we were able to accommodate you with a restful night after what I am sure was a long day of traveling. We have a great facility for both someone staying long term or just here with us for a night. I am happy to hear you would return and hopefully it is sooner rather than later.
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Had the opportunity to go back to this hotel after my last stay several months ago. So happy to report that the service is outstanding as ever and that many of the employees have remained, are still happy and a couple of have been promoted. Even some of the newer staff are trained well and offer the same friendly,hospitable service. Special shout-out to Emil, Katee, Gina, Ed, Myla, Jason and Candance. Thanks so much for welcoming me back so warmly--almost didn't want to go home!

Room Tip: This particular trip had me in the same room that I had previously but the service and cleanliness i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. We are so pleased to have you back with us. We have so many great staff members some who have been with us long term and as you mentioned some new faces. They all love to serve our guests and that is what is most important. Thank you once again and we look forward to having you here many times in the future.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Recently we decided to visit the Baltimore area. We chose the Sheraton because of it's close location to the BWI Airport. The hotel was Awesome! The ladies at the front desk were very friendly, Katee, Vian & Gina were very polite and curious, these ladies go the extra mile to make sure your stay is great. Justin in the restaurant is a great server/bartender. Even the housekeeping staff is fantastic our room was always spotless. The breakfast was delicious and the crab cake dinner was the best crab cake I've ever ate.

Room Tip: All the rooms are AMAZING!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. You are right we have some great ladies as a part of our front office team. We have great team members throughout the hotel. I am also glad to hear you were able to try our signature crab cake. We take a lot of pride in making everything fresh in our restaurant. thank you once again and please don't hesitate to contact me directly for any future needs.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very nice rooms and staff. They go the extra mile to make sure you have a very good experience. Yolanda at the front desk was terrific and the cleaning staff very helpful. The breakfast was very good and presentation was excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. I am glad to hear you had such a good experience. I know that my staff loves to go the extra mile and I know as a father and husband who travels that this is so important. Please if there is anything I can do for you in the future don't hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Been to Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!