“Excellence began with the Shuttle from the Airport.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #13 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellence began with the Shuttle from the Airport.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I traveled to Baltimore on business today and had the most wonderful experience beginning with my shuttle driver, Frederick E. He was so professional and really made a point to make sure I was comfortable. This was important for me because I'm disabled and have a hard time walking long distances. Frederick's kindness to me and everyone else he transported was wonderful and he should be commended for being so supportive and caring to his customers.

Room Tip: They are all beautiful.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. It is always such a pleasure to get feedback from our guests. I am so glad you were able to have such an experience with one of our most veteran associates. He truly enjoys very much what he does and as you know he is quite good at it. Thank you once again, Frederick was elated to see his name being recognized in such a delightful way.

373 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Sheraton BWI Hotel is a newer looking seven year old property located approximately 2 miles from the airport on a road in a commercial area surrounded by other airport hotels. It is not to be confused with the Four Points by Sheraton although it often is. About a mile away you will find a few chain restaurants, a Wendy's, a 7-11, and an Indian restaurant.

The shining star at this hotel is the positive attitude in customer service which starts with the General Manager, Emile. I had booked an "Accessible" room to acommodate my disability. For the first time in my traveling career, I was contacted by e-mail the day before by Emile himself to confirm what type of disabled room would be appropriate for my stay. If other hotels would do this, I could save countless time and return trips to the front desk to change rooms.

I called Emile upon reading his e-mail, and we had a wonderful conversation about customer service. He asked me what time I was checking in, and he made it his business to be there to greet me personally. Outstanding. Jumping in at the front desk was Restaurant Manager, Randy whose attitude and service matched the GM's.

While I was in BWI with my cousin and a friend to try a few restaurants we saw on DDD, Emile told us the virtues of his restaurant and the fine dining we were sure to experience if we ate there. Randy talked about the Tiramisu, and we agreed to have dessert there Sunday night. Once we did, Randy called his pastry chef to make sure portions were set aside and made fresh on Sunday. (More on Dinner at the end).

I was offered Complimentary Internet and Club Access due to a miscommunication when I called a week earlier to the front desk about those subjects.

The room assigned was an Accesible Double with a roll in shower (#337) and was almost as far away from the elevator as it could be. I thought it was too far to be a disabled room. The furniture was basic Sheraton with an armoire, a computer desk, two double beds, and an LCD flat screen with a horrible picture because it is an analog signal as oppossed to digital.

The Club Lounge had 24 hour Coke, Diet Coke, and Bottled Water. Evening Hors Deurves were offered in the evenings, and complemantary breakfast from 6-9AM. The food was not good, but for a nibble, it would do.

As it happened, Saturday night had a snow and freezing rain event, and our group of 3 decided to stay put rather than drive in unfamiliar territory on ice. "Perfect!", I thought to experience the fine dining in the hotel as extolled by the GM.

We went downstairs at about 7:30PM. It is a 55 seat restaurant with about 12 diners when we arrived. Soon afterward, the place was full with other ice bound travelers. The restaurant was ill-suited for a full house, and a room service waitress was pressed into service in the dining room.

I ordered the Pork Shots appetizer ($10) which was advertised as being served in glasses, but was indeed served on a flat plate because, as we were told, too many of the glasses were getting broken. I found the sauce to be spicy although I am not one for "hot" foods, and the pork was chewy. Temperature was lacking, and if we weren't so hungry, it would have gone back. My cousin ordered the Beef and Cheese soup, and he did send it back for reheating because he said it was delicious and worth trying hot.

I ordered the add-on Caesar salad ($2). The waitress said the dressing was made in-house, although it tasted like bottled dressing and the plate had just enough lettuce to cover the bottom. Would not order it again.

My main course was the highly recommended Crab Cakes billed as the Best In Town ($26) and featuring 2 cakes at 8 ounces each. Perhaps the best in Linthicum MD, but not in Baltimore. In fact the three of us ordered the same entree. I ordered the red bliss potatoes and wilted spinach sides.

Upon delivery, the entrees were cold, and we all sent them back. When they were re-delivered, we were all given someone else's entree. We could tell by where each of us took our first bite of the original order. To this point, I still don't feel that the Management saw the gravity from a sanitary poin-of-view of this error.

I sent mine back for a complete redo, and my friend gave up completely until we remninded him why we were there in the first place so he reordered the NY Strip which he said was good, not great. My redo came out underdone, but I just wanted to eat already (2 hours had passed).

We had dessert, and the Manager Randy, who had been constantly coming over to apologize came over and adjusted $50 off the check and comped the desserts.

I would absolutely stay here again if I have secured alternate dining arrangements.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. It was a pleasure to meet and spend some time with you during your stay with us. I appreciate you kind words about myself and the staff. We certainly work hard to make sure we are doing everything possible to help our guests have a positive stay with us. I am sorry to hear about our shortcomings in the restaurant the night you chose to dine with us. We certainly are capable of better and I assure you my culinary team took every word to heart to make sure we rectify these issues. Hopefully we will see you again in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night after a long day of travel from Puerto Rico. Reception was smooth and quick and the clerk was informative and friendly. Room was nice, bed was very comfy and bathroom decent size. Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. I am glad to hear we were able to accommodate you with a restful night after what I am sure was a long day of traveling. We have a great facility for both someone staying long term or just here with us for a night. I am happy to hear you would return and hopefully it is sooner rather than later.
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Had the opportunity to go back to this hotel after my last stay several months ago. So happy to report that the service is outstanding as ever and that many of the employees have remained, are still happy and a couple of have been promoted. Even some of the newer staff are trained well and offer the same friendly,hospitable service. Special shout-out to Emil, Katee, Gina, Ed, Myla, Jason and Candance. Thanks so much for welcoming me back so warmly--almost didn't want to go home!

Room Tip: This particular trip had me in the same room that I had previously but the service and cleanliness i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. We are so pleased to have you back with us. We have so many great staff members some who have been with us long term and as you mentioned some new faces. They all love to serve our guests and that is what is most important. Thank you once again and we look forward to having you here many times in the future.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Recently we decided to visit the Baltimore area. We chose the Sheraton because of it's close location to the BWI Airport. The hotel was Awesome! The ladies at the front desk were very friendly, Katee, Vian & Gina were very polite and curious, these ladies go the extra mile to make sure your stay is great. Justin in the restaurant is a great server/bartender. Even the housekeeping staff is fantastic our room was always spotless. The breakfast was delicious and the crab cake dinner was the best crab cake I've ever ate.

Room Tip: All the rooms are AMAZING!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. You are right we have some great ladies as a part of our front office team. We have great team members throughout the hotel. I am also glad to hear you were able to try our signature crab cake. We take a lot of pride in making everything fresh in our restaurant. thank you once again and please don't hesitate to contact me directly for any future needs.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very nice rooms and staff. They go the extra mile to make sure you have a very good experience. Yolanda at the front desk was terrific and the cleaning staff very helpful. The breakfast was very good and presentation was excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. I am glad to hear you had such a good experience. I know that my staff loves to go the extra mile and I know as a father and husband who travels that this is so important. Please if there is anything I can do for you in the future don't hesitate to reach out to me directly.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

For the 2013 inauguration, we choose this hotel. The first day of check-in, we were giving a room that was dirty and the sheets had stains on them. The bathtub and the bathroom floor also had stains on them. We requested a fridge for the room, and never got it. On the last night of our stay we lost power in our room, and nothing was done about it. We called down to front desk and was not asked if we were ok, needed anything, can we help move your things, or if they could provide us with flashlights to move our things. We were told that we had to wait until the next morning to talk to the hotel manager. The hotel manager was rude and loud. He did not handle the situation like a professional at all. He even implied that we made the power go out!! I travel a lot, and I have never receive been insulted or treated like i was by this "manager/gm". My trip could have been better had I stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. Let me apologize for the shortcomings you encountered during your recent stay with us. I have my engineering team investigating into what exactly happen to cause the power outage in your room. Also I am sorry that you felt I was accusing you, this was certainly not my intent I merely wanted to understand what happen. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you are willing to discuss further.

Been to Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI? Share your experiences!