“Enjoyed my stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI to your Saves list
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #16 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Baltimore, Maryland
“Enjoyed my stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very nice rooms and staff. They go the extra mile to make sure you have a very good experience. Yolanda at the front desk was terrific and the cleaning staff very helpful. The breakfast was very good and presentation was excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. I am glad to hear you had such a good experience. I know that my staff loves to go the extra mile and I know as a father and husband who travels that this is so important. Please if there is anything I can do for you in the future don't hesitate to reach out to me directly.

375 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

For the 2013 inauguration, we choose this hotel. The first day of check-in, we were giving a room that was dirty and the sheets had stains on them. The bathtub and the bathroom floor also had stains on them. We requested a fridge for the room, and never got it. On the last night of our stay we lost power in our room, and nothing was done about it. We called down to front desk and was not asked if we were ok, needed anything, can we help move your things, or if they could provide us with flashlights to move our things. We were told that we had to wait until the next morning to talk to the hotel manager. The hotel manager was rude and loud. He did not handle the situation like a professional at all. He even implied that we made the power go out!! I travel a lot, and I have never receive been insulted or treated like i was by this "manager/gm". My trip could have been better had I stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. Let me apologize for the shortcomings you encountered during your recent stay with us. I have my engineering team investigating into what exactly happen to cause the power outage in your room. Also I am sorry that you felt I was accusing you, this was certainly not my intent I merely wanted to understand what happen. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you are willing to discuss further.
Cape May, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed here several times when coming to Baltimore for business. The staff here is very nice Katie at the front desk is great ,nice large rooms good breakfast ,good place to stay ,very close to the BWI airport and local shopping mall and great restaurants also not far from the Baltimore Inner Harbor and downtown.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you have stayed with us on multiple occasions and hopefully you will have many more great trips ahead. We do have an ideal location and now we also have MD Live Casino just 15 minutes south of us at Arundel Mills. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

For the 2013 inauguration, I became stranded in the UK due to snow and weather delays. The GM of the Sheraton BWI contacted me directly, in preparation for the visit and offered his help.
My wife and daughter traveled alone to Baltimore. The GM met them at the front desk, offered them a room upgrade and provided details to help them be safe and comfortable, while in Baltimore.
As a husband and father, that level of hospitality is not something the Sheraton taught him per se. That is just a good human being, extending courtesies simply because he is a nice man. When my wife called to tell me of her experience, I could feel her satisfaction and happiness thru the phone,which helped me relax...a little. My families visit to the inauguration / Baltimore area was a huge success. They returned home with many good stories to share.
I'm an international traveler. I log well over 100K flying miles per year. I stay in hotels 2-3 days per week. And I have NEVER had a GM contact me in preparation for my visit and then follow throughout the entire stay until checkout. I'm IMPRESSED !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. I can honestly say it was my pleasure assisting your family with their needs this past week. Being a husband and father myself I know how important it is to know they are safe when not around. I am so very glad to be in a position to assist with this. I hope that one day you and your family will return to the area and we can again offer you whatever you may need. Thank you once again and please contact me directly if you need anything at all.
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Recenlty stayed here the night before a flight out of BWI. The entire hotel is very clean, from the reception area to our room. The parking lot is behind the hotel, and the entrance area into the hotel is a bit confusing on how to get to the reception desk, as there is nothing to tell you what floor the reception desk is on. Exceptional value for a room and extended parking for a trip. The courtesy van drivers were so very kind and full of energy! They made us feel very comfortable while drivng to and from BWI. I loved that I received an email from the hotel before and after my trip to see what they could do to assist me and how my stay was. I will stay here again when I am flying in and out of BWI.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. I truly appreciate your kind comments. It is always good to hear that our hard work is paying off and our guests are able to enjoy all that we have to offer. I look forward to your next visit, please don't hesitate to contact me if there is anything you need. Thank you once again.
Clifton Park, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We recently spent the weekend at the Sheraton- Baltimore Airport. The staff at this hotel exceeded my expectations... good ol' fashioned customer service that you just don't see anymore.

My family of 4, my brother's family, and my two sisters' families all met in Baltimore to say goodbye to my sister, whose family was on a one night layover before moving overseas. Emile Debsia, the manager, e mailed us before our trip and asked if there was anything he could do to make our stay better... He made sure our big family group had rooms together, so all of the cousins could hang out.
He gave me a big hug when I arrived, and was so friendly.

Yolanda, at the front desk, was so nice, concerned about the arrival of the rest of my family, and so helpful with all of my questions. Beautiful smile. She was patient with us while we took lots of family pictures... she took our group photo !!

The man who drove us to the airport on the shuttle bus was awesome... friendly, professional... and he went above and beyond when he took us to find my sister's dog at the airport... we were given the wrong pickup area for the dog, and he waited and waited for us... and was not the least bit impatient. So nice.

We had a huge group of 16 for dinner in the hotel restaurant, and the chef and restaurant staff were great. The food was very tasty with large servings.

I would completely recommend this hotel .... the property was nice, hotel very clean... but the hotel staff was simply amazing... You just can't find customer service nowadays like I experienced at the Sheraton Baltimore Airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington airport hotel. It was such a pleasure to have you in the hotel with your family. I know that the whole staff and myself enjoyed your stay very much. I know how important it is for family to maximize the time they have together! I hope that we are able to have you come back soon. Now if you need anything in the future please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you once again.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The hotel is relatively new, and the decor is fresh and neutral. Breakfast is great if a little on the expensive side with a good selection. If you get bored at their
I have stayed here many times but on my last stay I got a good deal on the executive floor level. I was however very disappointed with the amenities on the executive level. The rooms are exactly the same as the regular rooms so all you are really getting is the club lounge. The lounge is not well stocked and it appears there is a constant stream of guests from other floors who walk up the emergency stairs to raid the drinks fridge, which only carries soft drinks.
The two main issues I had with the executive level were access and the breakfast service. Regarding access, you need to swipe your room key card to get the elevator to stop on that floor, but no matter how many times I and another guest tried, I could not get the elevator to agree that I had access to that floor. Regarding to the breakfast, my only advice would be to not bother with it and go straight to the main floor. The person who was manning the breakfast was extremely rude to me behind my back, as reported by a colleague who the server didn’t know was with me when I asked for some bread (it was out) and took 20 minutes to get some more bread. In the meantime I went down to the main restaurant and got my own. I would say that ½ of the items were out and the server was unable or unwilling to keep up with the demands of the job. Perhaps I stayed on a day when the regular server was ill and they got some temp help?
The A/C it is loud AND relatively close to the bed, where it blows cold air over you. WIFI is relatively fast and coverage seemed OK.
As with most hotels these days, noise from your neighbors through the paper thin walls is to be expected. There is also a pretty large gap under the doors contributing to the environmental noise pollution from the corridors.
Staff were friendly and attentive, especially the reception and restaurant staff.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room.