“Excellent, Awesome !!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Johnstown, Pennslyvania
“Excellent, Awesome !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

We stayed at Staybridge suites after our long plane ride from England. This was the only hotel in the BWI area where we could park a car over 14 days without a fee. The hotel shuttle quickly picked us up after our flight. The check-in easy. Our room was fantastic. It consisted of fully equiped kitchen area, sitting area, and sleeping area with large bath. A complementary breakfast is offered and has a wide variety of offerings. We needed to return to airport the following day and thought we would have to drive/park. The hotel offered their shuttle for our quick trip back. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
whythis1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
We enjoy hearing our guest discuss there stay at our Staybridge Suites BWI , Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Linthicum, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

I have lived at this hotel for over a year. Out of all of the hotels in the BWI airport, and there are a lot, I would not want to stay anywhere else, period. The best compliement that I could possibly give, is that this place is my home. ALL of the staff at this hotel are wonderful people, who have gone out of their way to make the Staybridge feel like my home. Unfortuanatley, because of my job I am leaving the hotel, but will miss it dearly.

Thank you to John and his staff for making my stay such a wonderful expierence.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
whythis1, Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 27, 2010
We love to hear great things from our guests about our hotel
nj
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

I am a smoker. I am sure that most nonsmoker's would not want a smoke smelling room. I respect that and would never smoke in a nonsmoking room EVER. I am a platinum member, which means if I book a room, They have to honor what I booked. Even if i show up at 10pm. The evening I was supposed to leave, I noticed my reservation was changed to a nonsmoking room. As I said before, I won't stay in one because I respect nonsmokers rights as they should mine and quite frankly It's cold outside. I called John the manager who said quote " We are an extended stay hotel and If you are only staying one night, We can change your reservation". I explained that as a platinum member that wasn't so. He said " Fine I will refund your money and you could just stay somewhere else. I had to call the PC who said they were very sorry and that isn't true. EVER SINCE JOHN TOOK OVER THE SERVICE SUCKS!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
whythis1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2010
Hotel tries very hard t honoe each and every guest request that the hotel receives, there are times that are out of the hotel's control that we are unable to honor everyone request.
WC Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

We booked this hotel to attend a family gathering. Due to weather the airline canceled our flight. We in turn had to cancel our hotel reservations. The manager "John" said that there would be no refund. We had booked two nights and canceled early on the first day. No doubt the rooms were booked to others, where I come from that is a double dip and is considered theft. I feel as if I should report this to the BBB.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
whythis1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2010
Guest had actually purchased a advance pay booking which does state on the advnace booking thru travelocity that "advance pay bookings" are non-refundable.
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

This hotel has a very nice lobby area and seems like a nice hotel from first looks. Its close to some restaurants and the Arundel Mills Mall which is nice. I made reservations and arrived for check in at the front desk but actually did not physically stay in this hotel because at check-in I was informed that the information online about the age requirement was wrong. Online the requirement was 18 but the hotel actually requires you be 21(I'm 19). While this was not a huge problem because they were able to transfer me to a hotel down the street, dealing with the people at the desk was a bit of a pain.I read some reviews that were negative about the desk staff and I agree, not very friendly and seemed to have attitudes. I think that the hotel itself might have been very nice to stay in, it has good amenities and a good price range, but I was happier with the hotel I was transferred to, which had much better customer service.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
The website was built for our hotel in May of 2007 and at that point it was loaded with all age requirements,.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

I was looking for a place with a kitchen to stay for a night that wasn't too pricey. Never heard of Staybridge before, but went with this because the bad reviews seemed just service related, not cleanliness or condition related. Martin was my driver from the MARC station and throughout my stay went above and beyond. Just a really great person. Also helped out jumping the car of my friend I was there with.

The lobby felt very welcoming and the room was beautiful. Free cookies at the front desk were a nice touch. Wifi worked fine. There's a theater-style room available for guest use and a long selection of movies. It's kind of a random collection though. Kitchen very well stocked. FREE laundry was a plus and the workout room was right new door. Good showers, comfy bed. Nice!

I called to see about staying a second night and was given a quote of $76 (not including taxes and stuff). Since I paid $101 on Travelocity for the first night, it was a no-brainer. However, went I went to check out, I was told that I was given the wrong information and it would be $139. Fortunately, the manager took my work for it and honored the verbally quoted rate.

Don't know if I could afford to stay here regularly at the $139 rate, but it was sure worth the 2 nights at $180 or so. The only drawback is location and if I didn't have a car, it would not be easy to get groceries for cooking. I'm very likely to stay here again assuming I can find good deals online.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
whythis1, manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 27, 2010
This is what Staybridge suites was built on,
Mid-Atlantic State
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

Negatives:
I found the transportation service to and from the airport a plus, however the driver who picked me up at the airport was awful. I don't know where he got his license, but it should be revoked! He did not assist with luggage and he talked on his phone the entire trip. He was so distracted with his conversation, he did not stop for the red lights. Needless to say this was not pleasant.

Do not try to e-mail the hotel, the response time is unacceptable, anything longer than a few days in the hospitality industry is unacceptable. (E-mails go to John Compton- oh what a surprise!)

Shavon, the day desk clerk, has a very sarcastic rude tone when you speak to her on the phone. Something which can be corrected and should be monitored by the hotel's ownership.
Be careful when you get pricing from her, she is very inaccurate in her statements.

The manager, John Compton, is seriously in need of customer service training also. He needs anger management therapy! John Compton was extremely rude and yelled at me when I spoke to him about his driver. His comment was "I don't want to hear about that."
Why not I wonder?

John Compton also screamed at me on the phone about an issue regarding an item which needed to be mailed back to me. He refused to mail it, threatened to keep it with the following remark: "It will sit on my desk until I am good and ready to send it, YOU MAY NEVER GET IT!"
He was angry because I refused to pay for shipping of the item. I was at fault for leaving it there, however, I called and asked that it be left at the desk for me to pick up upon my return 3 days later. It ws not there when I returned to pick it up.

Positives:
This is a newer hotel, and the first impression is great. The location is a little difficult to find, better signage would help.
Rooms were very nice.
The OWNERSHIP of this hotel is very good, very customer oriented and caring. Once I contacted them the issue of returning my item was immediately taken care of.

Also, a positive note must be added to reflect the other wonderful staff members. Perhaps the ownership should get rid of Shavon and John Compton and look at the other desk clerks to fill those positions.
The Maintenance Engineer is a wonderul, helpful person too.
I believe this hotel will be tremendously improved by the Owners soon!

Final remark:
I will not stay at this hotel until I know Shavon and John Compton have been replaced!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
As the GM of the hotel i do nto reading comments like this type of situation, how ever i do thank the guest for letting us know so wec ould correct the situation

Been to Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!