“Spacious room - Pleasant staff - Nice amenities” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Troutdale, Oregon
“Spacious room - Pleasant staff - Nice amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

First time to Baltimore for a short visit with a longtime friend, picked this hotel for it's high TA rating and proximity to Catonsville. Drove in from DC, a very late arrival, friendly check-in and flexible staff. Parking was very tight, but the night agent was helpful in finding a spot.

Morning and evening lobby dining fare was above average and the dining room seating pleasant. Room was somewhat larger than expected, got a good night's rest on a large King. Given the location between thruways and by an airport, expected more noise...nice surprise.

Located near many hotels, the airport and a business park, there is not very much shopping or dining nearby...Wendy's, Bob Evans, Ruby Tuesday are nearby but not much else. About as expected from a suburban airport location. Small computer room with printer was adequate for my needs and wireless was just ok. Had some speed and connection issues in the room early on but was adequate later.

Would stay here again if sightseeing in general DC area, but would stay in downtown Baltimore for more of the local culture.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Tower City, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here from June 28 to the 30th. One issue we had was while making the reservation. The agent really did not know how to do a Gift Certificate Reservation for one night and a AAA rate for the second night. Contacted the GM and had this issue resolved but still had two reservations which I did double check to make sure they checked us out and back in on the 29th in the same room.

Breakfast was better last year when we stayed here. There was better selection last June than this year and they kept on running out of food. Yes it was busy but they should of anticipated that. Also, when I made sure that I was checked out and back in on the 29th, I asked for Do Not Disturb to be brought up because there wasn't one in the room but we never got it. We also did not get light housekeeping because our beds never got made and we were glad we didn't put the towels on the floor because of them not touching the room. They should automatically give housekeeping to short term stayers.

Besides these minor issues, we had a very good time in the room and around the Baltimore/Linthicum area. It was a very relaxing weekend we both needed. Will probably be back again if we are planning on going to the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Not a great stay. The staff was very pleasant, but -- (1) the mattresses are ancient, and they know it. Someone told me that they were 7 years old, which is ridiculous for a busy property. I could feel the springs in the first mattress, changed rooms, and the second was only marginally better. (2) You should *never* stay here more than one night. They have a policy that they only change the sheets weekly (!) and no cleaning service at all on the weekends. Fresh sheets are nice, and let's face it, sometimes you just need them. :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear montgomerygrimes,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am very sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that your stay was negatively impacted by the unusual condition of the bed mattress. Although we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations, we hope you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife checked all over and read all the reviews. My work usually puts us up at Marriott properties, so I was a little unsure of this. It was GREAT. Clean, nice staff, good food. There is a breakfast and a dinner as well.
The best part was Sabrina. I was there for a conference for my son and wife and needed some things done for my job. Sabrina was great, took care of everything and was very, very friendly!!! Not that the other staff was not nice, they certainly were - but Sabrina goes the extra mile and loves her job.

Only downside is that parking can be tight later, but certainly not not a reason to book somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Duffield, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Not sure why people would complain about this hotel. The breakfast in my opinion was as good as any other hotel that I have stayed. Also there are several restaurants within a couple of miles. Bob Evans was within a mile if I am not mistaken.
Overall our visit was great. The room was nice and clean, the breakfast was "free" and very good. The area was good. The only compliant that I would have about this hotel is the lifeguard at the pool. The first day was no issue but the guy who was the lifeguard the rest of our stay would not let the boys jump in they had to go down the steps. Also they could not even touch each other in the pool or he said they were horseplaying and not horseplaying was allowed. Once I got the boys to understand this then there were no issues.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Maplewood, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've intentionally taken some time in order to give as fair a review as possible. I'll start with the CONS. I don't know about other reviewers but when breakfast is included I take advantage of it. Besides convenience, It's one less meal to pay for. Therefore, I had no reason to check out other options. BIG MISTAKE. While I understand that breakfast is limited, basic, etc., I do expect that SOMETHING hot will be edible. I have NEVER encountered such poor quality food. In addition, the food was not hot....barely warm. The waffles for 2 days was a sickening strawberry mix, (YUK),..no plain option. The egg omlette seemed to have an artificial cheese spread and/or artificial eggs,...it was not good. The "french toast" was inside the glass container with the other breads. Isn't french toast supposed to be warm??? There were times that no hot water was available for tea. The first morning the potatoes were okay, but very bland. On the 2nd day, there were potatoes that resembled disks, very dried up and not soft. Other than cold cereal and yogurt, the hot options were terrible. My friends went without breakfast the second morning because it was so bad. Since there're no other options close by, and we had to depart early each day, most of us went without.

I reserved 4 rooms months before our stay. I went over and over the hotel's policy regarding payment. Nevertheless, when all was said and done, 2 rooms (entire stay) was charged to my credit card, even though the occupants presented their own credit cards upon arrival. Apparantly, the person that checked me and the other guests in, did not know what she was doing. The issue was corrected after 2 business days, but in the meantime there was a hefty hold for a hefty amount on MY credit card. I will note that I was compensated for the inconvenience that I endured with a credit for 1 night.

Other than what I mentioned, this COULD be a very nice place to stay. The bed was comfortable and the space was more than enough. Also, there's a theatre room for guests, which is pretty cool. We didn't have a chance to use it but it would've been fun since we were a group. The room was clean enough, except for the tub,..looked like it was rinsed out but not cleaned.

Attention and changes to the breakfast menu/preparation and assuring that the staff is properly trained should fix their problems. I didn't see any other issues.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeSuitesBWI, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for such valuable feedback. I have printed your review and shared it with the team so they can see where we let you down. We do sincerely apologize for the lack of detail you saw during your visit. Please rest assured that the issues have been addressed and are not being taken lightly. As a matter of fact, we are now offering the French toast warm and additionally in the glass container. We previously did it only in the container so that it wouldn't become mushy after being heated. After your review, we will do both, BUT we will make sure we monitor the French toast to ensure it stays delicious. Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback, I truly appreciate your honesty. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you that we have made these corrections the next time you are in the area.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have been staying at the Staybridge BWI since May and have enjoyed it greatly. The Staff, (especially Sabrina and James) were so helpful and friendly. Even though I'm hundreds of miles from home, they make me feel right at home.
I am originally from Boston, and when the bombing happened at the Boston Marathon, they flew the flag at half mast as a sign of respect, which I for one appreciated greatly.

Room Tip: There is no bad room, all are convenient to the exits and elevators.