“Very Good Weekend, Was Better Last Year” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Tower City, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very Good Weekend, Was Better Last Year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here from June 28 to the 30th. One issue we had was while making the reservation. The agent really did not know how to do a Gift Certificate Reservation for one night and a AAA rate for the second night. Contacted the GM and had this issue resolved but still had two reservations which I did double check to make sure they checked us out and back in on the 29th in the same room.

Breakfast was better last year when we stayed here. There was better selection last June than this year and they kept on running out of food. Yes it was busy but they should of anticipated that. Also, when I made sure that I was checked out and back in on the 29th, I asked for Do Not Disturb to be brought up because there wasn't one in the room but we never got it. We also did not get light housekeeping because our beds never got made and we were glad we didn't put the towels on the floor because of them not touching the room. They should automatically give housekeeping to short term stayers.

Besides these minor issues, we had a very good time in the room and around the Baltimore/Linthicum area. It was a very relaxing weekend we both needed. Will probably be back again if we are planning on going to the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Not a great stay. The staff was very pleasant, but -- (1) the mattresses are ancient, and they know it. Someone told me that they were 7 years old, which is ridiculous for a busy property. I could feel the springs in the first mattress, changed rooms, and the second was only marginally better. (2) You should *never* stay here more than one night. They have a policy that they only change the sheets weekly (!) and no cleaning service at all on the weekends. Fresh sheets are nice, and let's face it, sometimes you just need them. :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear montgomerygrimes,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am very sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that your stay was negatively impacted by the unusual condition of the bed mattress. Although we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations, we hope you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife checked all over and read all the reviews. My work usually puts us up at Marriott properties, so I was a little unsure of this. It was GREAT. Clean, nice staff, good food. There is a breakfast and a dinner as well.
The best part was Sabrina. I was there for a conference for my son and wife and needed some things done for my job. Sabrina was great, took care of everything and was very, very friendly!!! Not that the other staff was not nice, they certainly were - but Sabrina goes the extra mile and loves her job.

Only downside is that parking can be tight later, but certainly not not a reason to book somewhere else.

Duffield, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Not sure why people would complain about this hotel. The breakfast in my opinion was as good as any other hotel that I have stayed. Also there are several restaurants within a couple of miles. Bob Evans was within a mile if I am not mistaken.
Overall our visit was great. The room was nice and clean, the breakfast was "free" and very good. The area was good. The only compliant that I would have about this hotel is the lifeguard at the pool. The first day was no issue but the guy who was the lifeguard the rest of our stay would not let the boys jump in they had to go down the steps. Also they could not even touch each other in the pool or he said they were horseplaying and not horseplaying was allowed. Once I got the boys to understand this then there were no issues.

Maplewood, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've intentionally taken some time in order to give as fair a review as possible. I'll start with the CONS. I don't know about other reviewers but when breakfast is included I take advantage of it. Besides convenience, It's one less meal to pay for. Therefore, I had no reason to check out other options. BIG MISTAKE. While I understand that breakfast is limited, basic, etc., I do expect that SOMETHING hot will be edible. I have NEVER encountered such poor quality food. In addition, the food was not hot....barely warm. The waffles for 2 days was a sickening strawberry mix, (YUK),..no plain option. The egg omlette seemed to have an artificial cheese spread and/or artificial eggs,...it was not good. The "french toast" was inside the glass container with the other breads. Isn't french toast supposed to be warm??? There were times that no hot water was available for tea. The first morning the potatoes were okay, but very bland. On the 2nd day, there were potatoes that resembled disks, very dried up and not soft. Other than cold cereal and yogurt, the hot options were terrible. My friends went without breakfast the second morning because it was so bad. Since there're no other options close by, and we had to depart early each day, most of us went without.

I reserved 4 rooms months before our stay. I went over and over the hotel's policy regarding payment. Nevertheless, when all was said and done, 2 rooms (entire stay) was charged to my credit card, even though the occupants presented their own credit cards upon arrival. Apparantly, the person that checked me and the other guests in, did not know what she was doing. The issue was corrected after 2 business days, but in the meantime there was a hefty hold for a hefty amount on MY credit card. I will note that I was compensated for the inconvenience that I endured with a credit for 1 night.

Other than what I mentioned, this COULD be a very nice place to stay. The bed was comfortable and the space was more than enough. Also, there's a theatre room for guests, which is pretty cool. We didn't have a chance to use it but it would've been fun since we were a group. The room was clean enough, except for the tub,..looked like it was rinsed out but not cleaned.

Attention and changes to the breakfast menu/preparation and assuring that the staff is properly trained should fix their problems. I didn't see any other issues.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeSuitesBWI, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for such valuable feedback. I have printed your review and shared it with the team so they can see where we let you down. We do sincerely apologize for the lack of detail you saw during your visit. Please rest assured that the issues have been addressed and are not being taken lightly. As a matter of fact, we are now offering the French toast warm and additionally in the glass container. We previously did it only in the container so that it wouldn't become mushy after being heated. After your review, we will do both, BUT we will make sure we monitor the French toast to ensure it stays delicious. Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback, I truly appreciate your honesty. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you that we have made these corrections the next time you are in the area.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have been staying at the Staybridge BWI since May and have enjoyed it greatly. The Staff, (especially Sabrina and James) were so helpful and friendly. Even though I'm hundreds of miles from home, they make me feel right at home.
I am originally from Boston, and when the bombing happened at the Boston Marathon, they flew the flag at half mast as a sign of respect, which I for one appreciated greatly.

Room Tip: There is no bad room, all are convenient to the exits and elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My daughter and I only spent one night here - unfortunately. What a wonderful find. This hotel is close to the airport (BWI - Baltimore/Washington airport) and train station. The hotel offers a free shuttle, which we used to get to the airport. Upon entering the hotel we were greeted by a friendly woman at the front desk and freshly baked cookies were out front as well. We had a nice room on the 4th floor - full kitchen, complementary popcorn and water, all the tv channels you could want. Beds comfortable as well. To our delight we also received a wonderful dinner - apparently from Tues-Thursday there is a sort of "happy hour" buffet downstairs. We had pulled pork pizza (yummy!!!) and Greek salad. There were also beer and soft drinks available. The people staying at this hotel were also very nice. Everyone was having a nice time talking and laughing downstairs. Perhaps everyone had also bonded a bit because there was a tornado warning and for 30 minutes all the guests were brought down to the first floor inner corridor to wait out the storm. The staff was SO NICE. They kept us updated, brought us all water and kept the atmosphere light in lieu of the terrible storm. This hotel has a nice outdoor pool, the fitness room looked nice as well. Breakfast is also very good - best of any hotel I have stayed in so far. Eggs, bacon, waffles, fresh fruit, cheeses, bagels, toast, eggs, cereals, muffins - wonderful. As I said, we signed up for the 8:00 a.m. shuttle to take us to the airport - no problem. Wish we could have stayed longer!! A Cracker Barrel restaurant will be opening up nearby soon - otherwise there really isn't any place you can walk to. The setting is sort of an industrial park area with a lot of hotels, but once we entered this hotel, we felt very comfortable, safe and well taken care of.