“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Massapequa, New York
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I visit MD/DC area frequently and I normally stay at another local hotel. My friend stayed at this location previously and took me on a tour of this hotel. After the tour my mind was made up that with my next visit this is the hotel I would choose. I checked in late and upon entering my room although beautiful, this was not the room I was expecting. I returned to the front desk and explained to the woman (Sabrina) that there may have been a mix up. Without any issue I was IMMEDIATELY accommodated with a room change!!! I am in the business of customer service and am very pleased to say this agent deserves to be acknowledged, I also seen her the following afternoon and she asked me how did I like the room and was my night comfortable.. that was impressive!! Everything about this hotel was GREAT! I will be staying here with each and every future visit!!

Room Tip: Each room is spacious, but if you want a private bedroom seperated from the living area go with the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
StaybridgeSuitesBWI, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay at our Staybridge Suites BWI. Sabrina is thrilled that you mentioned her and I am very happy to see the team is taking care of the guests. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family only stayed overnight at this location, but it could have easily been a longer stay. First off, Sabrina, who was working the front desk, was great at her job. Very helpful with information, always seemed to be welcoming, and didn't get flustered when she had multiple things going on at the same time. The hotel itself had a unique feature, a movie theater, which we did get to enjoy. They also offered complementary self serve laundry facilities. Breakfast was ok, but not fantastic. While we have stayed at many Staybridges, this one by far was the best we had encountered. The room was large, very clean, and nicely appointed. The bed was comfortable, and we had no problem with noise. We would definitely stay here again, if we were traveling in this area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing our Staybridge Suites BWI. We truly appreciate all the hard work and genuine enjoyment Sabrina brings to not just our team, but our guest. I will make sure she see this review. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our movie room. It is a treasure that is often overlooked by our guests. We look forward to your next visit when you are in the area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I've found when staying near any
airport, you never know what you're going to get. Staybridge usually delivers on cleanliness and value, but needs to improve
customer service. I requested a room away from the elavator and when finding my room, it was directly in front of one. I was moved to another room, but after driving for hours,
was exhausted and had to wait for this privilege.
Room was clean.
Employees were pleasant.
Laundry room was a nice bonus,
but it took forever.
Breakfast was typical mediocre buffet of carbs.
Didn't use shuttle service.
Was on business so didn't bring
Fido.
But, I love a pet friendly hotel and
would probably return.
The pros outweigh the cons.

• Stayed January 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was ready to give this hotel a 5 star rating until we had to use the shuttle service. We checked in at 5pm on Sunday night. We had a 1pm flight out of BWI the next day. We told the front desk we had a rental car and two different front desk workers offered to have the shuttle pick up my husband at the rental car facility so we could take the hotel shuttle to the airport. My husband left the hotel at 10:00am on Monday. The front desk told him to call as soon as the car was returned and they would pick him up right away. He called as soon as the car was returned and was told the shuttle van was on its way. Well 45 minutes and 3 calls to the hotel later he was finally picked up. No apology from the front desk or the van driver. He made it back to the hotel just in time to come back to the room to help with the luggage before we headed back downstairs for the shuttle to the airport. We then had to wait another 20 minutes to board the shuttle to the airport. It would have been much better for us to rely on the rental car shuttle than the hotel. Again the hotel offered to pick up my husband, if it is too much trobule they should not offer it.

For a hotel that probably has many guests who rely on the shuttle service they really should be more organized and should at least have the deceny to apologize when their service is lacking.

Stay here if you don't need the shuttle service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Clmbl,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Let me begin by saying that this is a relatively new property and the rooms are nice and clean. My night's stay was fine. The problem arose when I was supposed to be picked up at the airport and after an hours wait and a lot of excuses (or lies) I had to take a cab back to the hotel. I called a number of times and got a number of different stories. After I took my cab to the hotel, they did reimburse me for the cab. It was a very disappointing end to what should have been a good experience.
I really feel they should reimburse some of the "park" portion of the stay since they could not even bother to pick me up but they did not seem to agree at the desk. I think to stay here is fine but I certainly would not suggest the "park" option -- you would do better parking in a lot close by -- they seem too disorganized to get this part right.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear shoreflash,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations with regards to the shuttle service. We don't want any guest inconvenienced and rest assured we will follow up to ensure the shuttle service system is running more smoothly.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
SOUTH CAROLINA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We recently travelled to Maryland for a wedding and stayed at this Staybridge. We had a very nice experience. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We needed a larger space to stay than a regular hotel room, due to having younger children, so having the separate bedroom, living room and kitchen was an excellent idea. I highly recommend Staybridge BWI for your next stay if you are ever passing through this area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hpt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We checked in during the holiday weekend. The place was packed! However, it felt like we were the ONLY ones there..."if" that makes sense. The staff warmly greeted me upon arrival...the requested HIGH FLOOR wasn't ready and the staffer went up to SEE for certain. That was cool. Within moments, she returned and indeed our room was ready. It was clean, cool, and larger than expected.

We had a view of the pool area. It comes stocked with a full size coffee maker, fridge/ice maker, microwave (albeit VERY used), glasses, plates, etc....dishwasher, and a small two burner kitchen. The layout of the kitchen area was a tight squeeze, to say the least. It was FULLY stocked with wine opener, can opener to you name it.

The bathroom has a full size tub, which made it fun for a nice romantic unwinding bath.
There is only ONE chair in the room at the desk, which made our "GAME TIME" kinda difficult. Perhaps, in the future they could fit one of the ottomons with some cushion or add another chair.
The TV has a ton of channels....like OVER 90, which is rather uncommon for a hotel. There was also a DVD and VHS player in the room.
FYI: The lamps in the room, held "traditional" lights...so IF you are like me and like to "zen out" your space, you can..........SMILE.

As you walk by neighboring rooms, you can hear TV, conversations, and "other things". They need better sound-proofing on the doors. Although, for a property of over 6years, it feels and looks VERY well maintained. I took the stairs a few times. There are 2 elevators on OPPOSITE ends of the property...although it is NOT labeled very well....we found #2, solely by accident.
It rides rather rough and we thought we were going to be stuck in it, luckily we were not.

The pool area had a grill or two out there, some areas were under an awning thing which enabled one "want" to sit out in the heat.....they have a chair lift on the pool. In the "media room" or hotel atrium you can find some seating, a fireplace, and the computer lounge is around the corner. It houses TWO monitors and a printer...not far from there is the laundry room which is FREE. There are top and front loading W/D. The hotel sells soap (if needed).

The breakfast selection was bleak and left a lot to be desired. Donuts, a spiral ceral rack, yogurt, and some lunch meat was ALL that was left at 0930...the eggs, bacon, fruits, and waffle mix was all gone.

There are several hotels in CLOSE proximity (Emb. Stes, Hpt Inn, etc...) there aren't really ANY eating places right by this property. The hotel shuttle WILL take you to the airport or to ArundelMillsMall. IF you park on the site, you WILL NEED to obtain a parking pass to display in your car.

Would I stay HERE again...........IDK, but for this trip....it was ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!